Miles Wilson
Miles Wilson Reader Services
9/14/18 9:02 a.m.
feature_image

The Tire Rack SCCA Solo Nationals have once again bested the record for their largest showing ever. For the 2018 event, 1,375 drivers converged on Lincoln AirPark in Nebraska to participate. During the autocross, weather ranged from sunny to over two inches of water in a single day. And strong attendance figure aren't the only good news: According to the …

Read the rest of the story

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
9/14/18 9:55 a.m.

The fellow in the red Alfa there is George Schweikle.  He and his wife have been to EVERY National Championship since they started being a thing!  Besides that he's an incredibly nice guy who is always there to mentor and teach the next generation of autocrossers.  We Kentuckians are proud to call him one of ours.

The balding dude in the top left of the pic is Andy Buck, our resident course designer and alien driver.  Also a nice guy but don't tell anyone cheeky

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
9/14/18 10:02 a.m.

Yup, George and Dee rock. 

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem SuperDork
9/14/18 12:34 p.m.

In reply to KyAllroad (Jeremy) :

when I first moved to Kentucky in 1981 two of the first people I met around scca where George and Dee.   They were running their Alfa then. Great couple!

spacecadet
spacecadet GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/15/18 12:38 a.m.
David S. Wallens said:

Yes, someone made a snide comment to me in FSP grid (about them being a bit slower) and I made the 100%-er comment to them and that person couldn't care less. I was like, they are a club treasure and you're wrong to think less.

They were crucial people in the great lakes region and are awesome to still have around. I try to go say hello to them every year. 

ichirofanus
ichirofanus
9/15/18 1:42 p.m.

what is FSP?  I am a new comer to all this autocross

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
9/15/18 1:47 p.m.
spacecadet said:
David S. Wallens said:

Yes, someone made a snide comment to me in FSP grid (about them being a bit slower) and I made the 100%-er comment to them and that person couldn't care less. I was like, they are a club treasure and you're wrong to think less.

They were crucial people in the great lakes region and are awesome to still have around. I try to go say hello to them every year. 

Really?  They thought they shouldn't be there?  What terrible people.  We raced with Dee and George for a long time while we went to AROC conventions.  Great people- I only managed to beat him once.  And their car is SUPER fun to drive.  

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/15/18 6:45 p.m.
spacecadet said:
David S. Wallens said:

I think we all know who really should not have been there. 

79rex
79rex New Reader
9/15/18 8:06 p.m.
ichirofanus said:

what is FSP?  I am a new comer to all this autocross

FSP is the class index.  It stands for F Street Prepared.  Based on how your car is setup, and the make/model it will get accordingly.  Classing can get confusing sometimes for autox, SCCAs website will have a basic run down of the rules for your class.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UVCIctFQyU82oOn0gfcw5cLXLM4qe6zVkA48ArU32dPWjxtr5vPhcsQtg2MdArjR