Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess UltimaDork
5/15/12 11:55 a.m.

Thanks, Bill. Email sent.

And BTW, here's what's left of my MK1:

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/15/12 12:06 p.m.
ultraclyde wrote: I've been daydreaming recently about finding someone who'd like to even trade my Mustang for a late model MRS. Not sure it's a good idea, but this thread really isn't helping.

hmmmm... Your proposition interests me...

njansenv
njansenv Dork
5/15/12 6:52 p.m.

What's the real world fuel mileage of a Spyder? I drive...a lot, and it's annoying that a Miata's mileage is basically the same as my M3's.

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/15/12 7:22 p.m.

I get 30-32 driving 10 miles each way to work 7 miles are interstate.

The only highway trip I've done had an autox in the middle but still did 33.

Bill Strong
Bill Strong New Reader
5/16/12 2:46 p.m.

I get around 27-30 mpg on 10% corn gas. all highway, rolling hills. I have a 2ZZ in mine though.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde Dork
5/16/12 3:18 p.m.
nocones wrote:
ultraclyde wrote: I've been daydreaming recently about finding someone who'd like to even trade my Mustang for a late model MRS. Not sure it's a good idea, but this thread really isn't helping.
hmmmm... Your proposition interests me...

That certainly is a nice one you have. And where are you, generally? I'm not sure I could bring myself to actually do it....

JFX001
JFX001 UltraDork
5/16/12 3:55 p.m.
Bill Strong wrote: I get around 27-30 mpg on 10% corn gas. all highway, rolling hills. I have a 2ZZ in mine though.

Bill,

Thanks for hanging out, I've read about the N* swap as well. Cool idea for the MKI guys.

On a side note, some people are mentioning that they are having trouble registering for for your website. Just passing the info.

Thanks,

John

jrg77
jrg77 Reader
5/17/12 9:04 p.m.

Curious about the learning curve driving a mid-engined car. Would be very sad to ball one up. I assume it's dramatically different from driving a Corolla...

m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/17/12 9:37 p.m.
jrg77 wrote: Curious about the learning curve driving a mid-engined car. Would be very sad to ball one up. I assume it's dramatically different from driving a Corolla...

My only mid-engine cars have been the superior Fiat X1/9

No curve, just "point and shoot"

singleslammer
singleslammer Reader
5/17/12 10:14 p.m.
m4ff3w wrote:
jrg77 wrote: Curious about the learning curve driving a mid-engined car. Would be very sad to ball one up. I assume it's dramatically different from driving a Corolla...
My only mid-engine cars have been the superior Fiat X1/9 No curve, just "point and shoot"

Agreed. I m on my second mr2 (2 & 3 Gen) and have to say that they are very neutral and easy to handle even when you push it too far. However, I am just a street driver with the ocassional auto x.

jrg77
jrg77 Reader
5/21/12 10:24 p.m.

Saw a video where a Fiero went into a corner too hot and spun faster than I could understand what happened. I recall reading something about brake applications being different in their affect on polar moment.

smog7
smog7 Dork
5/22/12 1:40 a.m.

from what I have read, don't let off the gas mid turn if you are hauling ass.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess UltimaDork
5/22/12 7:14 a.m.
smog7 wrote: from what I have read, don't let off the gas mid turn if you are hauling ass.

That's what happened to mine. Would have been OK had the F150 not been there.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/22/12 7:33 a.m.
Bill Strong wrote: I have all three gens.

So where's the details on the Mk1? I need inspiration to get mine back on the road!

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt SuperDork
5/22/12 8:04 a.m.
pinchvalve wrote:
Bill Strong wrote: I have all three gens.
So where's the details on the Mk1? I need inspiration to get mine back on the road!

Inspiration attached. Here's Jerry's Mk1 on a parade lap around Road Atlanta at the Mitty.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
D5a07iODhz9a343XTTMFG5OTfhN5x5xeC8l0NTdj3RA5vs6Pz7VhwoybDLy3aLcp