96DXCivic
96DXCivic Dork
7/15/10 1:57 p.m.

I am sick and tired of the seat in my Civic. It is uncomfortable and offer no support. What seats can I get my hands on for cheap (I am in college so this is very important)? Also it needs to be able to fit using just hand tools or at most a dremel.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
7/15/10 2:02 p.m.

DC2 Integra seats.

Fletch1
Fletch1 Reader
7/15/10 2:05 p.m.

Honda seats usually are like a rock. I have no idea if ep3 seats would fit, but I love those.

integraguy
integraguy Dork
7/15/10 2:06 p.m.

As ALWAYS, it would help to know which year of car you own....tho the previous answer is sufficient.

BTW, I've owned a few Hondas and a 2nd gen. Integra. The Integra had supportive seats, but were built for a person of average size ( a woman or a Japanese person), I don't know about the DCs.

splitime
splitime Reader
7/15/10 2:08 p.m.

Older prelude seats. They were my favorite almost bolt in seats. One of the 4 holes didn't match up, so I used a thick L bracket of steel with one hole drilled to bolt in and then clamp down the extra non-fitting point. This was in a 92 civic.

Built in adjustable lumbar support. Great side bolsters.

96DXCivic
96DXCivic Dork
7/15/10 2:24 p.m.

In reply to integraguy:

It is a 96 Civic DX.

AutoXR
AutoXR Reader
7/15/10 2:56 p.m.

99 to 00 civic Si seats. I have put 50K on my 00 Si in a little over a year, seats are great and adjustable too. I see them locally for $100 to $150 a set

96DXCivic
96DXCivic Dork
7/15/10 5:22 p.m.

In reply to splitime:

What Prelude are those out of?

D_Howard
D_Howard New Reader
7/15/10 6:02 p.m.

Looks like 94 prelude seats, I had one and have to agree they're very comfortable, deep seats.

That idiot who can't spell
That idiot who can't spell SuperDork
12/27/10 11:08 a.m.

I am bringing this thread back from the dead. I am planning on going to a junkyard to seats and I was wondering if there was any difference between the the different trim levels of Integra as far as seats.

wbjones
wbjones Dork
12/27/10 11:37 a.m.

yeah there are cloth and leather... don't know for sure, but the LS,GS,RS might be the cloth... I'm thinking the GSR would probably have the leather

12/27/10 11:42 a.m.

But no difference between the actual shape.

Mikey52_1
Mikey52_1 HalfDork
12/27/10 11:44 a.m.

There shouldn't be, as long as the years are kept similar. The only real difference would be in condition.

Type Q
Type Q HalfDork
12/27/10 11:54 a.m.

If you see seats from a Del Sol, grab them. They are very comfortable. You'll have to Swap your Civic seat rails over, but al the holes line up. The possible downside is the seat bottoms are about 3 inches shorter. It's a real plus for tall guys like me, but it may not so great if you under 6 fooot tall.

12/27/10 11:57 a.m.

I am 6'2" so that would not be a minus for me.

Matt B
Matt B HalfDork
12/27/10 1:04 p.m.

I've noticed a "sitting" height difference between the cloth and leather DC2 Integra seats. Despite being physically the same size, the leather seats make you sit a bit higher. I think that they probably just don't sink as much as time passes. Probably has something to do with the age of the cloth seats I've been in.

Del Sol seats seem pretty low, but I'm around 2.5 inches shorter than you. They have a cool design though.

red5_02
red5_02 New Reader
12/27/10 1:09 p.m.

The back bolsters of Honda seasts are usually fantastic. It's the bottoms that suck. My legs go everywhere at an autocross.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
12/28/10 12:02 a.m.
AutoXR wrote: 99 to 00 civic Si seats. I have put 50K on my 00 Si in a little over a year, seats are great and adjustable too. I see them locally for $100 to $150 a set

I LOATHED these seats in my 99Si. That was the running joke when these cars first came out--"WTF is with those seats?!" Crippling after a 3 hour road trip and no helmet room.

Swapped them out for Del Sols (back in 2000 or so) and they're fantastic. I'll get them re-covered at some point.

That said, I've never had an issue w/ stock EG seats. Strange that they don't work for you.

Run_Away
Run_Away GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/28/10 12:43 a.m.

I've got heated 92-96 Prelude seats in my '95 Civic. I absolutely love them.

Derick Freese
Derick Freese Dork
12/28/10 1:24 a.m.

I had some '94 Prelude seats. I bought them to install in a truck, but never got that far. They were really well made, and for what little I actually sat in them, they were really comfy.

Shaun
Shaun Reader
12/28/10 11:22 a.m.

If you use acura seats, or whatever seats you use, make sure you get all 4 bolts that mount the seat rail into the floor pan. The seat rails from civics can bolt up to many other honda seats with some work, but time and time again when I was researching getting better seats for my 96 hatch i found threads where people would take acura or s20000 or whatever seats over with the seat rails and skip the bolt that doesn't not line up and tell everyone on the inbterwebs "it's all good, 3 bolts is enough".. The bolt that does not line up is the big one at the right rear of the seat that anchors the seat belt through the seat rail into an appropriately designed reinforced area around a chunky weld nut. There are thousands of civics out there with seat belts and seats that are going to or have hurt people.

I ended up with grey acura gsr seats that are 10X more comfortable that the stock cloth buggers.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
12/28/10 11:30 p.m.

It's easy enough to switch the stock seat rails into the new seats, anyway. That gets them to fit like they're supposed to. Had to do this when putting del sols into my Si. That said, Del Sols should be a direct bolt-in on an EG.

loki
loki New Reader
12/29/10 6:51 a.m.

+1 for del sol seats, i have them in my 96 dx

wbjones
wbjones Dork
12/29/10 7:28 a.m.

would those same Del Sol seats be a direct fit in an '01 Integra ?...

I'm 6'2" and have never been comfortable in the stock seats... sit way to high, have to lean the seat way back, and then pull forward so my knees tick up in the air...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
C7szwSsA26qQntY3Jn6JkayRummLIp5db7LLVXxR2i3ifIw7wlX2Fzy7pDzBHyAw