KartRacerDad
KartRacerDad New Reader
1/19/11 11:22 p.m.

Just purchased a $500, 1991 BMW 525i 5sp for the Sat 7hr & Sun 7hr Chumpcar enduro at Sebring in Sept. Car looks like a hooptie, but running gear is solid. It's been sitting for two years. I need some advice on tires and pads.

Tire rules state: ■Tires are up to you… as long as they’re DOT legal and rated at 190 or higher for treadwear.

Any suggestions on tires and some brake pads/high temp brake fluid?

Also looking for any used performance goodies for an E34 Bimmer. Struts, springs, bars, steering wheel, chip, etc.

Brotus7
Brotus7 Reader
1/20/11 7:46 a.m.

Dunlop direzza star specs or falken azenis for tires. Porterfield r4e or the endurance ebc pads, I don't remember the color. Motul 600 brake fluid. Be careful with the performance/cheaty parts, and post up done pics of the build

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/20/11 9:52 a.m.

I looooove Falken's on $500 race cars. You should come on down to Rockingham in March. I'll be there!

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
1/20/11 9:58 a.m.

Honestly, I was blown away at the durability and responsiveness of the Kumho ECSTA ASX tires we used on the Lincoln.

They have a 420(dude) wear rating, and after all 24 hours (minus the 12 we spent playing with the carburetor) and still have more than half their life left. They aren't the grippiest things in the world, but shockingly good cost/grip/durability index.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lLqmEfSHYghvO00NK4S8BaBURfOD7egIIjUCnQBL2SVwlQVxp4N2Kxy7mWGYEiOs