1 2
Sanchinguy
Sanchinguy Reader
1/15/19 3:32 p.m.

My DD is a 2016 Honda Odyssey.  I often see several of me during the day...

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/15/19 3:39 p.m.

If we're going there... I drive a white 3/4 ton crew cab Dodge in ranch and oil field service country. If I wanted to rob a bank in town, I'd only have to get around the first corner and I'd be invisible in traffic.

When I lived in Ottawa, I had silver stripes on my red NA Miata. Another guy in town also had silver stripes on his red NA Miata. They weren't identical, but our friends would get them mixed up occasionally. Funny thing is that he complained that everyone was always trying to race him, whilst I never had that problem. Maybe it wasn't the car...

759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
1/15/19 8:57 p.m.

Not exactly , but to see a 'V' wagon(2nd gen) with 'MRMOM' tags in B'Ham was a most pleasant surprise. Oh and everybody here in B'Ham, when they see your plates(TX.) it's 'GAME ON".....just sayin' 

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
1/15/19 9:04 p.m.

Never seen myself on the road but I did see myself in the frozen food section of the supermarket tonight.

Damn, I need a shave and a haircut. indecision

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/15/19 9:21 p.m.

I've got the old, rare, yet not desirable thing going: my daily, an 04 Lancer Ralliart Wagon was imported into the USA for one year only.  In nine years, I've seen a wagon version in the same color twice, but neither of them were ralliarts. 

I've seen a total of one of the same paint as my 88 Silverado, but it was a half ton. I've been driving it since late in 2010. 

My miata is a repaint in Lava Orange; there is a true MS that i autocross with. The plan is in the works to replace it with a BRG 99. 

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/15/19 10:08 p.m.

I don't think this guy has that problem.

His son gave this to him for Christmas. He had one identical to it as his first car.

1947 Willys.

2002maniac
2002maniac Dork
1/16/19 7:52 a.m.

A few months ago I saw a Mitsubishi Expo and an Eagle Summit parked next to each other in a parking lot.  It was strange since they are obscure sister cars that are pretty much non-existant by now.

slantvaliant
slantvaliant UltraDork
1/16/19 8:02 a.m.

I parked my '64 Valiant next to another white '64 Valiant at a Sonic cruise night once.  Biggest differences?  His was a manual with two doors and a 170 (vs my 4-door with a 225 and pushbutton automatic), and a different interior color.  What was interesting to me was finding the minor differences in things like the hood latches.  Apparently mine is a very late '64.

aw614
aw614 Reader
1/16/19 8:37 a.m.

Several times I've seen a clones of my white integra before I swapped the stock ls mesh wheels for SSRs. Always double take, and wonder if the clones a manual or an automatic lol

Nugi
Nugi Reader
1/16/19 10:06 a.m.

I always park next to the same model car in a lot if not inconvenient. 

I feel like multiple of the same car is close proximity somehow raises their power level. An extra +2hp while parked at least. 

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
1/16/19 11:13 a.m.

It doesn't happen to me very often because most of my cars are pretty unusual.  That said, if it did, no way I'm letting me pass myself.  That's like getting beat in your own car at autocross . . .

which has happened before.  sad (For the record, it was klodcrawler, who is the local version of Spoolpigeon)

calteg
calteg Dork
1/16/19 7:51 p.m.

Almost forgot, at one point, there were three chrome orange Elise's within a 5 mile radius of mine. One was a high mileage track rat, I somehow managed to see him on the street every so often, but never actually at the track

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon SuperDork
1/16/19 8:23 p.m.

I was surprised to find there is another white Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser in my area. I’ve seen it a few times.

TopNoodles
TopNoodles New Reader
1/17/19 1:14 p.m.

A white Ram work truck is not uncommon, but after two flakes who didn't show up to test drive mine, the third guy showed up in the exact same truck. Same year, engine, trim, everything. My truck was at 150k and his was over 300k and looked the part. I felt good about that sale. He got to keep driving the same familiar truck but with half the miles and way better condition overall.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qyhOIKBEjOX2mbYRndsc9VBIGacpLIeucWhMc0yWKSA4DenK5AA1iRvMWyz3Uf3o