1 2 3
FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy Reader
4/24/19 8:58 a.m.

So he gets a free part AND his money back....And you're out shipping and fees...

I'd try to figure out which credit cart company it is and start talking to them. Unless he used the Paypal credit card.

I'm only a fake lawyer, but this sounds like fraud.

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
4/25/19 10:38 a.m.

So essentially this isn't an eBay problem, it's a payment problem. Yes, PayPal should have your back but they apparently don't. I'm kind of in shock on the fact that they can chargeback and have it come back to you. I guess it was naive to think that PayPal would have to eat it.

You have all his info, I wonder if you could hire a collection agency to harass him. I did that with a company that for some reason wouldn't pay a $950 bill and while in the end I only got half (the collection agency kept the other half) it was completely painless on my end. I submitted the debt on a one page form and they did all the rest of the work and sent me a check for $475. They even took the non-paying company to court - I assume they got to collect additional fees for that. I don't know if they would do it for a $375 debt but maybe?

imgon
imgon HalfDork
4/26/19 5:52 a.m.

I recently sold an item on EBay and they have become horrible. When placing the ad, I selected a medium size USPS Priority box, (standard flat rate of $14.35) EBay offers me the $12.80 commercial rate if I print my label through them, how nice. But they charge the buyer only $9.80, so I am instantly out money on the sale. Then when trying to print the label it won't let me add additional insurance, base is $50, item sold for $70, so i figure no big deal. Now I get a message from the buyer, package was left with someone that was not the buyer and I have less money than I started with after selling something, I thought I was supposed to make money selling things. That will make me run right out and use your services again. I guess this should have been in minor rants.

AnthonyGS
AnthonyGS GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/26/19 7:31 a.m.

I was selling a set of wheels on eBay.  Using their oh so smart auto shipping code they quoted a price that would ship one wheel.  No one was bidding then a guy messages me with a terrible offer.  I tell him there is no way I will accept that offer and eat shipping costs on 3 wheels.  He lost it.  

When eBay was young it was glorious, now its just another for profit business attempting to maximize their revenue.  eBay will always take the buyer’s side over the seller.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/26/19 8:36 a.m.
FuzzWuzzy said:

So he gets a free part AND his money back....And you're out shipping and fees...

To confirm, the buyer now has your known good part and all his money back? And you have no money plus a chargeback fee? That is seriously berkeleyed up. Total BS.  

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
o5gLYIhYjA49ToevUcdFJ0wBZ4grCScCVSvMRQdv0OnDh7N6DFewbveGFWiQvGyj