1 2 3
Jordan Rimpela
Jordan Rimpela Digital Editor
11/5/19 12:23 p.m.
feature_image

This week, much of the Grassroots Motorsports staff is in Las Vegas for the 2019 SEMA Show. 

Do you plan on being here to take in all things weird, wild and amazing? If not, don’t worry—we're on the case and will be providing a constant stream of photos from the wildest car show in North America. And if you did make it to SEMA, stop by and …

Read the rest of the story

Tom1200
Tom1200 Dork
11/5/19 12:39 p.m.

While the event is local to me, as a non-industry person I won't be attending, so keep those pictures coming!!

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/5/19 12:41 p.m.

I'll be there tomorrow and Thursday, I'll try to stop by the booth. 

chaparral
chaparral Dork
11/5/19 2:57 p.m.

Check out the Rush Auto Works SR-1 in booth 21224 - a closed-wheel single seater with 150 horsepower in an 890-lb package.

Jordan Rimpela
11/5/19 3:06 p.m.

Just updated with more pictures. That twin-turbo Lamborghini looks lethal. 

Sonic
Sonic UltraDork
11/5/19 3:43 p.m.

I'm here, along with Mental, and Jeff and Chrissy, we have media passes for our podcast, Everyone Racers. We are posting pretty regularly on all the socials at Everyone Racers or everyone.racers

ebelements
ebelements Reader
11/5/19 3:51 p.m.

If someone that's there can grab me one of those Hot Wheels Magnus Walker Mazda REPU pickups I'll be your absolute best friend.

(Worth a shot, right?)

2002maniac
2002maniac Dork
11/5/19 4:15 p.m.

WHOA! The B is for Build Lambo looks incredible! I did not think he could pull it off, but there it is. I'm sure it hasn't driven under power any further than on/off the trailer, but that might be the case for a huge number of SEMA builds. Hopefully he can get it professionally tuned and sorted out.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
11/5/19 4:26 p.m.

Thanks for the B is for build spoiler. Been watching that one race to the end of the build deadline. Looks better than it has a right to! Some dude by the name of Oscar is more than earning his $$$ as part of that team.

Tom1200
Tom1200 Dork
11/5/19 5:27 p.m.

If those of you attending need a list of good places to eat close to the convention center I know quite a few. There is a fantastic Mexican place on east Desert in called Lindo Michoacan and a Italian deli (Cuginos) on Maryland Pkwy across from UNLV.

We also have several places for Hawaiian food as we have a large pacific islander contingent in Las Vegas. 

mikeatrpi
mikeatrpi HalfDork
11/5/19 6:16 p.m.

Yeah the BIFB Lamborghini looks amazing, glad to see they pulled it off.  The last video I caught was at 5-days out.  And they had a LOT left to do...

Jordan Rimpela
11/6/19 7:49 a.m.

Der Bergsteiger ist einwandfrei!

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/6/19 7:51 a.m.

I have done SO many shows at LVCC and always wanted to do SEMA. I searched and searched for a Marketing position with a company that attends, but there are no companies near me that would work. Maybe someday!

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
11/6/19 8:25 a.m.

The Golden Sahara.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
11/6/19 8:27 a.m.

They light up?

slowbird
slowbird Dork
11/6/19 9:00 a.m.

In reply to 914Driver :

Wow, I'd read about the Goodyear "light-up" tires, but I didn't know any still existed. That's cool!

https://www.thedrive.com/news/26862/why-goodyears-illuminated-tires-were-way-ahead-of-their-time

lnlogauge
lnlogauge HalfDork
11/6/19 9:27 a.m.

I spent the last 6 months designing a ladder rack, to launch at SEMA. After countless hours of design, building, testing, and redesign, its here, and I'm kinda proud of it. You don't get many opportunities as a design engineer to design a product that centers a SEMA booth around it. 

This is my first time at SEMA. I've been geeking out over all the builds, as well as all the youtubers. was at the B is for Build unveiling and met Chris. Super cool guy. The Hurican is impressive considering how close he was to not bringing it, but its kinda better in pictures. You can tell things were rushed. No discredit to him, if he was going to bring the car it had to be rushed.  Also met Tavarish. I kinda miss the old Tavarish where it was more about him building, but he's still a super cool guy. I talked to him for like 10 minutes.  

jstein77
jstein77 UberDork
11/6/19 1:16 p.m.
NOHOME said:

Thanks for the B is for build spoiler. Been watching that one race to the end of the build deadline. Looks better than it has a right to! Some dude by the name of Oscar is more than earning his $$$ as part of that team.

I too have been watching the build of this beast, and am amazed at how good it looks on the show floor.  Just last weekend it was a skeleton.

Looked like this:

Jordan Rimpela
11/6/19 1:34 p.m.

More added! 

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps SuperDork
11/6/19 4:04 p.m.

BIFB is much watch YT. I didn't think he could do it. Oscar is the man!

Jay_W
Jay_W Dork
11/6/19 8:52 p.m.

I never thought I'd ever be able to say any such thing, but there is a car at SEMA that I have some involvment in. I'm sorta a pal of a famous airbrush artist who brought a '51 Merc sled there, and the last-minute rush call for help netted me among many others to try and finish the car in time. Despite our best efforts it's still a work in progress but by golly there's a SEMA car that I blocksanded at least one of the driverside primer coats on... and helped install the hood and swept the shop floor it was on... so um yeah not too heavy an involvement but still!

alfabeach
alfabeach New Reader
11/6/19 8:52 p.m.

In reply to Tom1200 :

Parking lot out front is free, lots of cars to see.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Dork
11/7/19 6:40 a.m.

In reply to lnlogauge :

Your photos are not loading for me. The other folks' are.

Tom1200
Tom1200 Dork
11/7/19 9:52 a.m.

@alfabeach...........thanks for the heads up.

lnlogauge
lnlogauge HalfDork
11/7/19 10:13 a.m.

In reply to TurnerX19 :

Thanks for letting me know! Should be fixed now. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GZqvUQT917aKrKMKUePitdkUW4iHSMXXdVUT3CQ7FOP7AlSrSkIQtXyrsxYff8pg