1 2 3
sergio
sergio New Reader
7/29/12 12:06 p.m.

Tonight at 10pm eastern ESPN 2 will show the Senna movie. Will replay right after at midnight.

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps HalfDork
7/29/12 1:04 p.m.

In reply to sergio:

Thanks for the heads up

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette SuperDork
7/29/12 1:18 p.m.

Thanks for posting

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/29/12 1:30 p.m.

Glad it's being shown. This movie is impressive on so many levels. Set your DVRs.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/29/12 4:42 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: Glad it's being shown. This movie is impressive on so many levels. Set your DVRs.

just did. so glad i'm a slacker and am checking the web instead of cleaning the garage...

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
7/29/12 7:17 p.m.

Yes ! Thanks for head's up. Will be recording.

Double_Wishbone
Double_Wishbone New Reader
7/29/12 7:44 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: Glad it's being shown. This movie is impressive on so many levels. Set your DVRs.

This can't be echoed enough. It's also available on DVD for pretty cheap, I picked it up a while ago and have already watched it several times.

David S. Wallens
7/29/12 7:58 p.m.

We were lucky and got to see it on the big screen at the Enzian in Orlando. Wayne Taylor talked to the crowd before the movie. It was a very cool evening.

David S. Wallens
7/29/12 7:58 p.m.

And a PS: I mean "we" as in the citizens of Central Florida, not the GRM staff. It was open to all.

driver109x
driver109x HalfDork
7/29/12 8:37 p.m.

Just in time ... dvr set

Secretariata
Secretariata GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/29/12 9:21 p.m.

It's also on Monday at 8:30 PM EST.

Double_Wishbone
Double_Wishbone New Reader
7/30/12 12:02 a.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: We were lucky and got to see it on the big screen at the Enzian in Orlando. Wayne Taylor talked to the crowd before the movie. It was a very cool evening.

Indeed, I was there as well. The Enzian made the screening awesome what with the comfy seating and all. I actually think it was the first time I've seen a film there where no one's been loud and drunk...I guess it was that captivating. I'm so glad I got to see it on the big screen. I believe it was showing in Jacksonville as well.

iceracer
iceracer UltraDork
7/30/12 10:15 a.m.

I watched it.

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
7/30/12 10:55 a.m.

The Blu-Ray with the extended version adds a bunch of perspective from Prost which is good as well.

failboat
failboat Dork
7/30/12 11:39 a.m.

Cool, just scheduled it to record. Need to make the wife watch it, because it is that good.

David S. Wallens
7/30/12 11:42 a.m.
z31maniac wrote: The Blu-Ray with the extended version adds a bunch of perspective from Prost which is good as well.

I'm amazed how much footage they had in just the theatrical release. Today, you figure everyone has an HD movie camera in their pocket. Go back 20 years, and things were different.

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA Dork
7/30/12 12:03 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote:
z31maniac wrote: The Blu-Ray with the extended version adds a bunch of perspective from Prost which is good as well.
I'm amazed how much footage they had in just the theatrical release. Today, you figure everyone has an HD movie camera in their pocket. Go back 20 years, and things were different.

Also note the differences in image quality and stability we have now, even with GoPro or Contour - style cameras. I would not be surprised to find out most of this footage came from Brazilian TV. They must've shadowed him 24/7 during his career. I wonder if someone was planning a documentary of his career, then abandoned it when he was killed.

Karl La Follette
7/30/12 2:28 p.m.

Great movie but the ending sucks

David S. Wallens
7/30/12 2:35 p.m.

I think I was most surprised by the footage from the drivers meeting. Sure, you expect good on-track footage, but the stuff from the drivers meeting was really good. Like, who was in there with real equipment? And good point about someone shadowing him. Maybe that was the case.

Karl La Follette
7/30/12 2:38 p.m.

No one has been killed since Senna and I would have loved to be the guy who jacked Prost nose all crooked and that FIA president needed a belt also .

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer PowerDork
7/30/12 3:09 p.m.

I got my girlfriend's mom to watch it. Don't know how that happened. She doesn't care for cars or racing but actually enjoyed the Senna doc.

I, personally, wasn't a fan of Senna growing up, but I didn't influence her opinion of him.

wbjones
wbjones UltraDork
7/30/12 5:42 p.m.

on again tonight ESPN2 at 8:30

viking
viking New Reader
7/30/12 6:12 p.m.

Thanks, Just set the tv to record----

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker UltimaDork
7/30/12 6:19 p.m.

I know I have posted this on the board before but... what goes better as a prequel to a documentary of an 80's F1 legend than a documentary of a pair of 1970's racing legends?

When Playboy's Ruled the World

Senna could drive but I don't think he partied like James or Barry :P

Carro Atrezzi
Carro Atrezzi GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/30/12 6:49 p.m.

or...if you're like me and swore off cable...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ftoQ8l13Q4&feature=related

w/ Portuguise subs

sssshhhhhh.....

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sLdDEUqwqhNHw9PQ4o292w4PtG05sFR5RRo3EdHsRFRp2upYWh46xwvBnvvVTaFT