1 2
Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
10/13/08 3:56 p.m.

Thanks to SuperCoupe reminding me that we created a flickr group last year for communal Challenge pic sharing, we have a new Flickr group for the $2008 Challenge:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/grm2008challenge/

There's almost certainly more ways to add your pix than this, but here's some basic instructions:

There's probably more than one way, but:

To join the group: Select 'Group' from the top of the Flickr page Enter Grassroots Motorsports in the 'Find a Group' box, or just go straight to the group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/grm2008challenge/ When you get to the group, select 'Join this group' (middle right of the page) Confirm you want to join the group Tip: If you do not see this link you probably need to sign into Flickr first.

Now, you've joined the group and are ready to add your photos: If your photos are all in one set, you can go to "sets", then click "edit" on that set. From there, click the "groups" tab up top, and you should see the GRM group. From there, you can just drag your photos to the group (all of them at once, if you want), and you're done.

If you'd rather just move certain pictures, or they're not all in one set: Select 'You' from the top of the Flickr page Select the photo that you want to send to the group Check that your tags include anything that you think helps describe your photo. Captions are good, too. Check that the photo is marked 'public' Select 'send to group' from the top menu (right above the picture) Add the photo to the group

There's also bulk photo uploaders and other cool tools squirrelled away on Flickr.

problemaddict
problemaddict New Reader
10/13/08 4:30 p.m.

I get a "Page Not Found" page over at flickr.

searching for "grm2008challenge" comes up w/ no hits as well...

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
10/13/08 4:33 p.m.

Sorry. Didn't click the right button. It's there now.

bamalama
bamalama New Reader
10/13/08 6:57 p.m.

I added some of mine from Saturday.

Apparently, if you stay up all Thursday night drinking, you'll forget your camera on Friday morning. Not that I'd know anything about that.

cemike2
cemike2 New Reader
10/13/08 9:41 p.m.

I just added some picts I had from the Challenge as well...

Pat
Pat New Reader
10/14/08 7:22 a.m.

Tim - are you going to post up any of the videos you guys were showing during the banquet? I'd love to see them again.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
10/14/08 7:36 a.m.

Pat, let me see what I can do.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 HalfDork
10/14/08 1:43 p.m.

i all some of mine, not that great but there are some cool juans.

Supercoupe
Supercoupe New Reader
10/14/08 2:54 p.m.

Mine are up.

problemaddict
problemaddict New Reader
10/14/08 3:02 p.m.

added my batch

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
10/15/08 8:15 a.m.

Pat, that video is up now on the Challenge page (http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/events/2008-challenge/) under updates.... or it will be as soon as youtube gets done processing it.

DirtE30
DirtE30 New Reader
10/15/08 8:43 a.m.
Tim Baxter wrote: Pat, that video is up now on the Challenge page (http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/events/2008-challenge/) under updates.... or it will be as soon as youtube gets done processing it.

This video has been removed due to terms of use violation.

G73
G73 New Reader
10/15/08 10:13 a.m.

I like the BMW in the Luftwaffe markings. Next year someone needs a Spitfire in RAF markings, a Mustang in USAAF markings, a Miata in Japanese AF colors and a Fiat or Alfa in Italian AF colors

16vCorey
16vCorey Dork
10/15/08 10:50 a.m.
G73 wrote: I like the BMW in the Luftwaffe markings. Next year someone needs a Spitfire in RAF markings, a Mustang in USAAF markings, a Miata in Japanese AF colors and a Fiat or Alfa in Italian AF colors

Then they should all drive around and shoot at each other.

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/15/08 11:17 a.m.
16vCorey wrote:
G73 wrote: I like the BMW in the Luftwaffe markings. Next year someone needs a Spitfire in RAF markings, a Mustang in USAAF markings, a Miata in Japanese AF colors and a Fiat or Alfa in Italian AF colors
Then they should all drive around and shoot at each other.

..and thus, the Last Car Driving Paintball Challenge portion of the challenge was born. I'm definitely putting a paintball gun behind one of the headlights next year...

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
10/15/08 12:27 p.m.
DirtE30 wrote:
Tim Baxter wrote: Pat, that video is up now on the Challenge page (http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/events/2008-challenge/) under updates.... or it will be as soon as youtube gets done processing it.
This video has been removed due to terms of use violation.

OK, it's up now. Had to put it in two parts on YouTube, but it's all in one piece on the challenge page

DirtE30
DirtE30 New Reader
10/15/08 12:56 p.m.

I like your way of thinking.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/19/08 5:18 p.m.

i posted a few challenge vids to google video:

V8 944 autocross run

V8 944 vs. 2.3T Spitfire drag run

DirtE30 Autocross run

i'll add more later.

DirtE30
DirtE30 New Reader
10/19/08 6:12 p.m.

thank you very much for posting that video of the DirtE30.

AngryCorvair
10/20/08 9:28 p.m.

you're welcome. here's another of the DirtE30:

DirtE30 Getting Spanked by WRX at Drags

105 mph? man, that belongs with an ET much better than 14.62. Got Slicks?

DirtE30
DirtE30 New Reader
10/21/08 7:22 a.m.
AngryCorvair wrote: you're welcome. here's another of the DirtE30: DirtE30 Getting Spanked by WRX at Drags 105 mph? man, that belongs with an ET much better than 14.62. Got Slicks?

No we didn't have slicks we were running our R6's and starting in 2nd gear. didn't have much time to get the dialed in since it took us 5 hours to get the car running on Sat. our best was 14.005 at 107 our 60' time was usually around 2.6 or 2.5

AngryCorvair
10/21/08 8:08 a.m.

ugh. there's probably a full second in tires alone. FWIW, in '06 i dragged on my A6's. at 13 psi they gave best grip, but my best 60' was still pretty crappy, about a 2.1 iirc. that was on my probe gt.

DirtE30
DirtE30 New Reader
10/21/08 8:16 a.m.
AngryCorvair wrote: ugh. there's probably a full second in tires alone. FWIW, in '06 i dragged on my A6's. at 13 psi they gave best grip, but my best 60' was still pretty crappy, about a 2.1 iirc. that was on my probe gt.

we kept adjusting the tire pressure but couldn't get any grip I think we stopped around 17psi. This was our first time running the car in the 1/4 we are now in the search for some slicks for next year.

jdmae92
jdmae92 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
10/22/08 7:02 p.m.

My plan for about a year has been a spitfire in RAF markings but then I bought a MGB...guess I'll have to make do with that.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/3/08 6:52 a.m.

No Renaults with white flags?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KEilYY9xJFdmeXH9SMXovPl4maeYyMSkyRboAMA0lgohi7aUPAmnnQJRkKbCufAb