1 2
Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
11/21/18 5:54 p.m.
STM317 said:
RossD said:

So heres my rub, i want pickup. I dont want a big project, because I already have the Renault. But if i could pull out an engine and slap in a replacement in a weekend, that sounds entertaining.

Thats really the point of this thread, and its beginning to look like i would be breaking into some relatively uncharted waters. Sure it will bolt to the mounts and transmission. Not sure about accessories, brake booster, steering gearbox clearance. You know all the stuff I never mention when its someone elses project and how easy it must be... cheeky

I can install the Whipple supercharger kit in my 3.0 Ranger in under an hour. Just sayin'. They're not easy to find, but it's a nice bolt on upgrade. If you really wanted it to take a whole weekend, you could add headers, roller rockers, and do a quick/dirty port match on the lower intake manifold at the same time.

So,  I now own my Dad’s 3.0 Ranger 4x4 with a blown engine.  I have a replacement engine ready to go in, but would love to find a whipple supercharger kit for it as well.  If any of you guys know of one for sale please let me know.

CyberEric
CyberEric HalfDork
11/21/18 7:27 p.m.

But god the SHO engine looks good! Always loved it from afar while never actually driven one. I remember reading about it in Road and Track in 89 and going gaga for those intake runners.

snailmont5oh
snailmont5oh Dork
11/22/18 2:08 a.m.

I've heard that working on a SHO is a real pain in the dick. 

kurtiswj
kurtiswj
6/8/19 4:03 p.m.

In reply to singleslammer :

HI I have a an interest in Sho stuff have both 3.0 v6 and 3.4 v8 in a couple of interesting projects 

kurtiswj via gmail 

kurtiswj
kurtiswj New Reader
6/8/19 4:21 p.m.

I have a couple of sho projects and would be interested in some parts 3.0 v6 or 3.4 v8's let me know what you have and if you want to make up a pallet of metal 

kurtiswj via gmail 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
T9vEcUJgLaUrH31CamZ3dFo2GTZCTQu9Ocb2E96SoP2ygcDj5vU2vMLRAQ8JuwrF