1 2
Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit SuperDork
12/6/17 5:35 p.m.

Toyman, have you posted the Samurai on some of the northern list as that is the cleanest Samurai I have seen in quite some time. Around here they are more bondo than metal.

Paul B

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/6/17 9:51 p.m.

In reply to Toyman01 :

I like Shamrocks. Would consider this trade. 

What's it powered by?  302 Ford is the best fit, for when you want to service it. How's the fuel tank? How are the stringers? 

Walk thru cuddy is the hardest riding of the 20 hulls. Tow service here called them slamrocks. Of course, they make up for it by being slow and wet.  

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
12/7/17 7:23 a.m.

In reply to Toyman01 :

Refresh my memory, that has a 1600 FI engine right? 

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/7/17 7:43 a.m.

In reply to spitfirebill :

Yes. 1.6 EFI 8 Valve.

frenchyd
frenchyd Dork
12/7/17 7:47 a.m.

In reply to Toyman01 :

I’ve owned boats most of my life.  My current boat I bought new in 1978 and it’s been wonderful.  It costs me about $500 a year for maintenance, insurance, and launching. Plus another $400 a year for fuel. 

Mine’s a 28 foot Sea Ray Sundancer.  (Cruiser)  big gallery, head, 3 separate sleeping quarters that sleep 6 comfortably. 

But I live right on a lake. When I want to go boating I walk down to the dock, step in, turn the key already in the ignition and slip the lines off.  

I’ve got a great big lake to explore. Cruising the shoreline I doubt I could get to all of lake in a weekend

Public launching with everybody waiting  is tense.  Plus it can take 1/2 the morning especially early in the year.

People’s bladders fill up so there is only so long you can go boating before that pressure will call a halt to boating ( without a head). Trust me bathroom sounds if you do have a head are heard all over the boat and sound carries well on water

then it’s rush back to the landing reload the boat after waiting your turn and head home. 

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/7/17 10:27 a.m.
Donebrokeit said:

Bust

Out

Another

Thousand

You gotta pay to play, and from what I've seen from my friend owning one, boats will make you pay....

frenchyd
frenchyd Dork
12/8/17 10:14 a.m.

In reply to AWSX1686 :Almost as much as race cars do, not quite as much but almost!!!

Recon1342
Recon1342 Reader
12/9/17 1:19 a.m.

Owning a nice boat is much like owning a nice car. If you take care of it, it will take care of you...

But- You’ve got to stay on top of the maintenance. Deferred maintenance kills boats.

I think you should do it. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen such a boat with an inboard. They are generally easier and less expensive to service than an outboard or I/O, and it ought to make a fantastic family cruiser.

Edit to add: She’s got really clean lines, something I enjoy amongst all of the current hard-edged high performance wake boats.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro PowerDork
12/9/17 1:24 a.m.

A good trade is when each party thinks they berkeleyed the other guy.

I hate boats so I'm biased.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth MegaDork
12/9/17 7:32 a.m.

I just want to see something happen so I can stop wanting to buy the truck. 

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
12/9/17 7:43 a.m.
frenchyd said:

In reply to Toyman01 :

Public launching with everybody waiting  is tense.  Plus it can take 1/2 the morning especially early in the year.

Interesting. There are at least 3 public boat launches within 5 miles of me along the Delaware River.  And who knows how many private launches. Honestly, I didn't realize this until recently (long story). But I ride past these launches with some frequency.  I've never seen a big line waiting to launch or "de-launch"...

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
d4Udlcv1xL0FnERSoJPzvPChC0C24AWKFHIiF9gRcGIXjNhuD2JqAytx6a0qyxua