1 2 3 4
mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
4/12/15 11:39 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote: There is a disturbing amount of MX6 GT in this thread already. I don't think i want to post.

Oh come on, one of those is technically mine, so I'd have all the dead mx6s in this thread.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
4/12/15 11:42 p.m.

You'd have half of them at least. And i'm directly responsible for half of them being dead.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
4/12/15 11:44 p.m.

So,.I think that means we win this thread!

Cooper_Tired
Cooper_Tired Reader
4/13/15 6:55 a.m.
egnorant wrote: Here is some of them! There are a few more...no pics ready though. Bruce

That maverick doesn't look like it's in bad shape

Is that a fastback mustang behind the p71?

Supercoupe
Supercoupe HalfDork
4/13/15 7:23 a.m.

what are your plans for the bugeye in the shed area?

The_Jed
The_Jed UberDork
4/13/15 7:31 a.m.

All of us really are beyond hope. We're sitting on stalled projects and are scheming to acquire each other's stalled projects.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/13/15 7:52 a.m.

Here's mine. I originally planned to fix it up but later decided not to. It was barely driveable when I bought it and had frame damage & serious frame rust, and now has no powertrain. It's a parts storage shed.

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/reader-rides/8908/

still sitting in the same place, but closer to the curb, on all steelies and one of the tires needs air.

tuna55
tuna55 UltimaDork
4/13/15 8:04 a.m.

Accord

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
4/13/15 8:07 a.m.

More MX6 content.

This is fine. by concealer404, on Flickr

Boss Frog harness bar by concealer404, on Flickr

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog SuperDork
4/13/15 8:17 a.m.

Parts truck #1. Still need to finish cutting it up. I have the title and bare frame sold for $50

Parts truck#2/The $100 S-10. Possibly sold for $500 as-is. Leaving me with a garage full of parts I bought for it but also more time to work on the real projects below.

Chevette #2/The Challenge project. Makes a good indoor parts shed for S-10 parts.

Chevette #1/The parts car/Rallycross project. Amazingly rusty for how good it looks. Makes a good outdoor shed for bucket seats.

Proof reading this post makes one thing painfully obvious: my next project should be building a shed.

Waldo
Waldo New Reader
4/13/15 8:46 a.m.

A project full of bad decisions sitting on jack stands with no suspension in the only flat part of my yard and the only piece of concrete.

drummerfromdefleopard
drummerfromdefleopard GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/13/15 9:01 a.m.

In reply to egnorant:

if the Manx style bug needs to find a home let me know

mazdeuce
mazdeuce PowerDork
4/13/15 12:13 p.m.

My other dead car, the K-tona. Old burgundy K car that I did a complete mechanical swap with a Dodge Daytona CS for the $2003 (I think?) Challenge. Got the swap done, running driving, street legal, autocrossed it and pulled it back apart for paint. My wife was due with Deucekid #2 four weeks before the challenge. I didn't have any way to tow so I would have been leaving my wife at home very pregnant with a one year old with the hope that the car could make it both ways.
In the end I looked at the car and looked at my wife and decided to give Tim and company a call. I let them know what was up and told them to use my entry to buy beer or give someone a free entry or something. They sent me a check for the full cost of my entry instead. With two babies at home the car sat. Then three babies. Then four babies.
The K-tona is headed to the crusher in the next couple of days.

scottdownsouth
scottdownsouth Reader
4/13/15 8:58 p.m.

I'll play this silly game. And

egnorant
egnorant SuperDork
4/13/15 9:57 p.m.

All my cars have some sort of story. Most are rescues literally intercepting a trailer on the way to the scrap yard, some have shown up free, a lot I made ridiculous offers that were accepted. Some just appealed to my quirky side and the price was right. almost none of the cars you see are outside of challenge money, most are LeMons candidates and some were bought for tank of gas money!

Fastbacks and convertible Mustangs are all under cover and the others are not in this picture (16 Mustangs).

I seem to gather in clumps too. The dune buggy was pulled out of a scrap yard and suddenly I had 3 more and a pile of parts, Turbo coupes, Austin Healeys roared in one summer, mid 60s Ford trucks are a passion...especially crewcabs, somehow got into 1.6 turbo stuff for a while. I seem to have a soft spot in my head for unfinishedCobra kit cars too.

Shoot me a stupid lowball offer or let me know you are really interested and I will get better details and pictures. Parts and swaps are cool too! Kinda looking for Mustang II or Pinto that I can drop a 2.3 turbo motor into!!

Bruce

P.S. Why does everyone who want some of my junk live in Florida?

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/14/15 9:07 a.m.
egnorant wrote: P.S. Why does everyone who want some of my junk live in Florida?

It's all about open-minded tolerance.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
4/14/15 9:15 a.m.

I currently have 4 vehicles and all are road worthy. I guess I need a project. I do have an empty boat trailer sitting in the front yard.

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/14/15 9:33 a.m.

In reply to mazdeuce:

What transmission is in the K? Is it a standard?

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/14/15 9:44 a.m.

These were in the barn when I bought the place. When I have time I will figure out what they are and list them on Craigslist to get them out of the way.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce PowerDork
4/14/15 9:47 a.m.
hobiercr wrote: In reply to mazdeuce: What transmission is in the K? Is it a standard?

There is no transmission in the K. Or motor. Or much of anything. Vigo ended up with the 2.5 (and maybe the transmission? I don't remember) the rest has sat outside too long to be worth trying to salvage. Sorry, at this point it's just another dead K car shell.
Hopefully it gets shredded and made into something interesting.

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/14/15 10:08 a.m.

In reply to egnorant:

Here you go for the 2.3T swap. Wagon goodness

Supercoupe
Supercoupe HalfDork
4/14/15 10:36 a.m.

would one of those Cobra unfinished kit cars be an Aurora 289 version? if so hit me up on PM, definately interested.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke Dork
4/14/15 10:51 a.m.

Can't believe this hasn't been posted yet.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UltraDork
4/14/15 11:00 a.m.

Both my CSX and Trans Am have been flatlining for some time, but both cars technically run. The thing holding each car up is body work, which I suck at. I have been picking at both cars recently, and am hoping to have at least the Trans Am back on the road later this year and the CSX moving around.

Gary
Gary HalfDork
4/14/15 11:08 a.m.
pinchvalve wrote: These were in the barn when I bought the place. When I have time I will figure out what they are and list them on Craigslist to get them out of the way.

$300 cold hard cash for the lot if there are titles and proof of sales tax paid. I'd go higher but there appears to be some damage.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3w3T3kAFFuVLlDGiARB5o3VHCf3oShQ9IOW76rG9bwnSCe9WIVVwNEYKlCREzycc