Alan Cesar Associate Editor
July 11, 2012 9:06 a.m.

We're hearing that the GRM Dork stickers you bought in this promotion are arriving.

So, show us where you stuck it. Your dork sticker, I mean. Here's two of ours:

Twin_Cam UltraDork
July 11, 2012 11:47 a.m.

Ok, fine, tempt me with vinyl! Yes, oh mighty GRM overlords, I will renew my subscription for the reward of exclusive stickage that I can put on my car to let everyone know what they already suspect about a dude in his late 20s driving a sort-of-purple Saturn SL2 with a hole in the fender: that he's a huge dork.

N Sperlo PowerDork
July 11, 2012 11:49 a.m.

In reply to Twin_Cam:

Is that hole for your dork?

PeterAK Dork
July 11, 2012 12:27 p.m.

You want me to post a picture of my dork sticker on the interwebz???

AutoXR HalfDork
July 11, 2012 12:31 p.m.

jealous....

Alan Cesar Associate Editor
July 11, 2012 12:40 p.m.
PeterAK wrote: You want me to post a picture of my dork sticker on the interwebz???

Certainly wouldn't be the first time someone's done that.

Keith MegaDork
July 11, 2012 1:23 p.m.

Memories of the "if a dork had a driver's license, this would be the picture" found underneath the seat of the Locost donor Miata...

Twin_Cam UltraDork
July 13, 2012 9:18 a.m.
N Sperlo wrote: In reply to Twin_Cam: Is that hole for your dork?

Ha! No, it's to let the car know I'm boss, and that if it is an ass, I'll hit it with a hammer, which is exactly what happened. Because I have negative self-control.

Seriously, I'll post a picture of the decal on my car when you guys send me one!

Alan Cesar Associate Editor
July 13, 2012 9:19 a.m.

They hit the mail earlier this week. You should be getting them any day now.

kreb SuperDork
July 13, 2012 9:26 a.m.

Speaking of holes, am I the first to think that the stickers would be good for covering up those nasty rust holes in the quarterpanels?

N Sperlo PowerDork
July 13, 2012 10:15 a.m.

In reply to kreb:

Vinyl cutouts aren't very good for that. I'd stick with bombarding custom shop employees that may have a ton of performance stickers sitting around that have nothing to do with your vehicle and using those. I may or may not have done this in the past few weeks.

kreb SuperDork
July 13, 2012 10:20 a.m.
N Sperlo wrote: In reply to kreb: Vinyl cutouts aren't very good for that. I'd stick with bombarding custom shop employees that may have a ton of performance stickers sitting around that have nothing to do with your vehicle and using those. I may or may not have done this in the past few weeks.

given the quality and function of a lot of aftermarket items, covering up rust holes with their stickers might be the best use for their products.

I think that GRM wants us to wear "Dork" as a badge of honor in the same way that tech guys are hapy to fly the "geek" flag. While there's a lot more money in geekdom, dorkage certainly has its merits.

Alan Cesar Associate Editor
July 13, 2012 12:49 p.m.

In reply to kreb:

We figured you guys already wear the dork badge with pride. We just wanted to give you something to show it.

Twin_Cam UltraDork
July 26, 2012 12:37 p.m.

You would see a picture of my decal on my car if Photobucket/my web browser/whatever isn't working worked. Here's the image address: http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g76/HiWatt519/DSCN6285.jpg

RossD UltraDork
July 26, 2012 12:55 p.m.

In reply to Twin_Cam:

July 26, 2012 1:01 p.m.

I got August's magazine this week but no Dork sticker came in the mag or in a separate envelope. So... I might have to show you my actual Dork in lieu of the decal.

Alan Cesar Associate Editor
July 26, 2012 1:09 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: I got August's magazine this week but no Dork sticker came in the mag or in a separate envelope. So... I might have to show you my actual Dork in lieu of the decal.

You're gonna show us your giant purple snorklewacker?

July 26, 2012 1:21 p.m.
Alan Cesar wrote:
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: I got August's magazine this week but no Dork sticker came in the mag or in a separate envelope. So... I might have to show you my actual Dork in lieu of the decal.

You're gonna show us your giant purple snorklewacker?

Sure. See pane #3.

Curmudgeon MegaDork
July 26, 2012 2:25 p.m.

I sure wish I could have gotten mine in black so it would go on the race car. But noooo, white only...

JoeyM SuperDork
July 26, 2012 2:49 p.m.
Curmudgeon wrote: I sure wish I could have gotten mine in black so it would go on the race car. But noooo, white only...

It is the stealth option for the truly fast car.

July 27, 2012 2:51 p.m.
JoeyM wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote: I sure wish I could have gotten mine in black so it would go on the race car. But noooo, white only...

It is the stealth option for the truly fast car.

Ghost Dorks?

irish44j SuperDork
July 27, 2012 2:57 p.m.

nicksta43 HalfDork
July 29, 2012 2:09 p.m.

Enggboy
Enggboy New Reader
Aug. 1, 2012 11:16 a.m.

I need help with my Dork...

I have a white Miata, so I was thinking that it would be best to mount my dork to a small rectangle of a contrasting colour on a magnet. What are your thoughts for the background colour, and how much gap should I leave around the edge as a border? It would be fun to move this around to different vehicles depending on the situation (i.e. put it on whatever car is being used in the most GRM or dorky manner).

Thanks for the help!

Argo1 Dork
Aug. 1, 2012 7:58 p.m.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Grassroots Motorsports

Grassroots Motorsports Experience Ticket Renewals Have Been Sent

4 hours ago in News

Check your inbox for our Grassroots Motorsports Experience renewals.

First Drive: Turbo ND MX-5

6 hours ago in News

We hit the track with Flyin' Miata's latest power adder.

Project Turbo Miata: Fire Fighting

8 hours ago in Project Cars

We transfer the fire system to our new Miata.

Vintage Views: GMC Syclone and Typhoon

1 day ago in Articles

All-wheel drive, turbo power and a Q-ship’s stealth.

Classic Motorsports Mitty Presented by Hagerty Celebrates Porsche

2 days ago in News

Gearhead heaven? We think it looks something like this.

This Weekend at the Mitty: The Ultimate Auto Festival

5 days ago in News

Gates open this Friday for the Classic Motorsports Mitty at Road Atlanta.

ND Miata Turbo Kits Now Available!

5 days ago in News

Add 70 horsepower and 70 ft.-lbs!

What's the Plan, Man?

6 days ago in Articles

Thoughts on our racing plan for the year.

Meet the Rebels Who Started the Cannonball Run

1 week ago in News

Relive those desperado days through movie excerpts, and hear the real facts and wild stories from the legends themselves.

Up for Auction: All of Level 5 Motorsports's Hardware

1 week ago in News

It's a pro race team part out.

Can You Really Live With a Low-Buck Porsche 911?

1 week ago in News

For the past two years, on of our forum regulars has been chronicling his life with a Porsche 996.

Reader's Ride of the Week: Autocross Abomination

1 week ago in News

Classic British styling with a rotary engine?

OUR SPONSORS

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
lz7DKeO4rBVAbZR0VpSx0NFbjG3htuaE