1 2
Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar Associate Editor
7/11/12 9:06 a.m.

We're hearing that the GRM Dork stickers you bought in this promotion are arriving.

So, show us where you stuck it. Your dork sticker, I mean. Here's two of ours:

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam UltraDork
7/11/12 11:47 a.m.

Ok, fine, tempt me with vinyl! Yes, oh mighty GRM overlords, I will renew my subscription for the reward of exclusive stickage that I can put on my car to let everyone know what they already suspect about a dude in his late 20s driving a sort-of-purple Saturn SL2 with a hole in the fender: that he's a huge dork.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
7/11/12 11:49 a.m.

In reply to Twin_Cam:

Is that hole for your dork?

PeterAK
PeterAK Dork
7/11/12 12:27 p.m.

You want me to post a picture of my dork sticker on the interwebz???

AutoXR
AutoXR HalfDork
7/11/12 12:31 p.m.

jealous....

Alan Cesar
7/11/12 12:40 p.m.
PeterAK wrote: You want me to post a picture of my dork sticker on the interwebz???

Certainly wouldn't be the first time someone's done that.

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/11/12 1:23 p.m.

Memories of the "if a dork had a driver's license, this would be the picture" found underneath the seat of the Locost donor Miata...

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam UltraDork
7/13/12 9:18 a.m.
N Sperlo wrote: In reply to Twin_Cam: Is that hole for your dork?

Ha! No, it's to let the car know I'm boss, and that if it is an ass, I'll hit it with a hammer, which is exactly what happened. Because I have negative self-control.

Seriously, I'll post a picture of the decal on my car when you guys send me one!

Alan Cesar
7/13/12 9:19 a.m.

They hit the mail earlier this week. You should be getting them any day now.

kreb
kreb GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/13/12 9:26 a.m.

Speaking of holes, am I the first to think that the stickers would be good for covering up those nasty rust holes in the quarterpanels?

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
7/13/12 10:15 a.m.

In reply to kreb:

Vinyl cutouts aren't very good for that. I'd stick with bombarding custom shop employees that may have a ton of performance stickers sitting around that have nothing to do with your vehicle and using those. I may or may not have done this in the past few weeks.

kreb
kreb GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/13/12 10:20 a.m.
N Sperlo wrote: In reply to kreb: Vinyl cutouts aren't very good for that. I'd stick with bombarding custom shop employees that may have a ton of performance stickers sitting around that have nothing to do with your vehicle and using those. I may or may not have done this in the past few weeks.

given the quality and function of a lot of aftermarket items, covering up rust holes with their stickers might be the best use for their products.

I think that GRM wants us to wear "Dork" as a badge of honor in the same way that tech guys are hapy to fly the "geek" flag. While there's a lot more money in geekdom, dorkage certainly has its merits.

Alan Cesar
7/13/12 12:49 p.m.

In reply to kreb:

We figured you guys already wear the dork badge with pride. We just wanted to give you something to show it.

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam UltraDork
7/26/12 12:37 p.m.

You would see a picture of my decal on my car if Photobucket/my web browser/whatever isn't working worked. Here's the image address: http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g76/HiWatt519/DSCN6285.jpg

RossD
RossD UltraDork
7/26/12 12:55 p.m.

In reply to Twin_Cam:

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker UltimaDork
7/26/12 1:01 p.m.

I got August's magazine this week but no Dork sticker came in the mag or in a separate envelope. So... I might have to show you my actual Dork in lieu of the decal.

Alan Cesar
7/26/12 1:09 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: I got August's magazine this week but no Dork sticker came in the mag or in a separate envelope. So... I might have to show you my actual Dork in lieu of the decal.

You're gonna show us your giant purple snorklewacker?

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker UltimaDork
7/26/12 1:21 p.m.
Alan Cesar wrote:
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: I got August's magazine this week but no Dork sticker came in the mag or in a separate envelope. So... I might have to show you my actual Dork in lieu of the decal.
You're gonna show us your giant purple snorklewacker?

Sure. See pane #3.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
7/26/12 2:25 p.m.

I sure wish I could have gotten mine in black so it would go on the race car. But noooo, white only...

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
7/26/12 2:49 p.m.
Curmudgeon wrote: I sure wish I could have gotten mine in black so it would go on the race car. But noooo, white only...

It is the stealth option for the truly fast car.

slantvaliant
slantvaliant Dork
7/27/12 2:51 p.m.
JoeyM wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote: I sure wish I could have gotten mine in black so it would go on the race car. But noooo, white only...
It is the stealth option for the truly fast car.

Ghost Dorks?

irish44j
irish44j SuperDork
7/27/12 2:57 p.m.

nicksta43
nicksta43 HalfDork
7/29/12 2:09 p.m.

Enggboy
Enggboy New Reader
8/1/12 11:16 a.m.

I need help with my Dork...

I have a white Miata, so I was thinking that it would be best to mount my dork to a small rectangle of a contrasting colour on a magnet. What are your thoughts for the background colour, and how much gap should I leave around the edge as a border? It would be fun to move this around to different vehicles depending on the situation (i.e. put it on whatever car is being used in the most GRM or dorky manner).

Thanks for the help!

Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/1/12 7:58 p.m.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
N7hhzuSGZSFJZNX6XtjXzczRzP9Hd1doBIIauDRlwRhm62lgAOy2tYTMvbmVvQXL