1 2
irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
9/19/17 10:31 p.m.

ok, just did a quick cleanup and sent pics and 299 words. Sure would be nice if I was a pro photographer with great lighting :)

daeman
daeman Dork
9/20/17 3:41 a.m.

Well this may be appropriately timed, I was just out in the garage contemplating a tidy, rearrange and making a new work bench amongst other things...

The fact that the deadline is a couple of months away might even spur me into actually doing more than just contemplating. 

BoostedBrandon
BoostedBrandon Dork
9/20/17 6:48 a.m.

I just bought a house, and a wicked awesome two car garage that needs TONS of work.

Now to get to work cleaning up the previous owner's mess :-/

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltraDork
9/20/17 6:57 a.m.

Can I get like a 2 month extension?  I'm not done putting it together yet cheeky

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
9/20/17 8:29 a.m.

I'll have to clean mine up and get some better lighting. Not sure which category mine will qualify 

Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
9/20/17 8:32 a.m.

In reply to irish44j :

Nice! 

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/20/17 10:06 a.m.

I would have to find my shop to send a picture.

How about a picture with the door closed?  That way I won't give away any racing secrets.   Yeah..  That's the ticket.  Can't give away secrets.

java230
java230 SuperDork
9/20/17 10:15 a.m.

Is it sad my garage has exactly zero cars in it?

Devilsolsi
Devilsolsi Reader
9/20/17 11:08 a.m.

Can I submit a picture of the parking spot in front of my townhouse?

tomtomgt356
tomtomgt356 GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/20/17 11:21 a.m.

When will the decision be made? If its near Halloween then my cluttered, spider infested basement might have a chance.

Ed Higginbotham
9/20/17 11:27 a.m.

In reply to tomtomgt356 :

The deadline to enter is December 15, 2017.

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP Reader
9/27/17 9:40 a.m.

Perfectly timed. I just spent last week putting a tarp on the roof and cleaning garbage out of my garage. Still needs a lot of work and organizing to be done, but this is the motivation I need.

Ed Higginbotham
9/27/17 10:30 a.m.

In reply to DjGreggieP :

Glad we could help! laugh

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/27/17 11:37 a.m.

In reply to Ed Higginbotham :

Can we have a contest for the worst/messiest shop sometime, and maybe the grand prize could be an intervention?

Zoldier
Zoldier New Reader
10/15/17 6:43 p.m.

Work in progress. Lets see how much I can get done before the deadline. :) 

" />

Ed Higginbotham
10/16/17 9:59 a.m.

In reply to Zoldier :

Nice!

RossD
RossD MegaDork
10/16/17 10:02 a.m.

I don't think I'll have my oak cabinets or my gas fireplace installed by the deadline. I'll just have to wait until the next shop show and tell. wink

Ed Higginbotham
10/16/17 10:06 a.m.

In reply to RossD :

Wow. I can't wait to see that.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
10/16/17 12:05 p.m.

To save others the bother I'm submitting the loosing entry.  I have the normal two car suburban garage.  It's not normally this bad.  The 'off season' car is normally in there for whatever work is needed, but the Volvo is outside right now as the Porsche had to go to the body shop after someone backed into me in a parking lot.  Then we parked the camper and the sail boat in front of it and junk started accumulating faster then I tidied it up.  Then (I'm great at this excuse E36 M3 ain't I?)  I had to repair the fence in the rear yard and started down the rabbit hole of other yard work.  Then then then then......

I've been formulating some low budget plans and will be starting a Garage build thread over the winter.  I just happened to snap these pics yesterday while doing other things as I looked and realized it's never been this bad.

So here we have a panoramic in the raw, as it is, total mess that I'm embarrassed about, but not so embarrassed that I wont share with you all.  At least it will act as a shameful starting point to get me motivated.

And this is what's blocking me from getting a car back in.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver PowerDork
10/16/17 12:44 p.m.
Pete Gossett said:

In reply to Ed Higginbotham :

Can we have a contest for the worst/messiest shop sometime, and maybe the grand prize could be an intervention?

Yeah, I have a decent sized shop and could be in for an intervention...

I need to finalize design, get lumber, and build some shelving.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
10/16/17 2:13 p.m.
Ed Higginbotham said:

In reply to tomtomgt356 :

The deadline to enter is December 15, 2017.

Thanks for reminding us of the later date. If I can get the floor painted I migh be able to enter this year. I still kind of want to wait for next year when I have more done. 

Ed Higginbotham
10/16/17 3:26 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce :

Hey, no rules against entering two years in a row.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/16/17 8:09 p.m.

I went from a huge 3 car garage to a tiny 2 car garage  (really a 1.5 car garage). 

coexist
coexist Reader
10/19/17 9:53 a.m.
Skervey
Skervey HalfDork
10/27/17 10:41 a.m.

Any word on when this wil be decided? Really hopeful I hit on some empathy with my current setup!

Plus I always love looking at how people have there shops set up, trying to get an idea for the one day when I get a garage/shop space.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QceE6tUyGUaXcDRarodhUpQer5U6m7GZfXxO8uf6PeVyfb2PQ83V1sk34GPLecIl