Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
12/7/17 1:52 p.m.

We're walking the floor of the 2017 Performance Racing Industry Show and bringing you some of the most interesting sights. Check back often as we update this gallery.

Photos by David S. Wallens and Tom Suddard.

Read the rest of the story

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/7/17 2:23 p.m.

See you guys tomorrow 

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
12/7/17 5:38 p.m.

I’m bummed I can’t attend even had passes but Work gave the big ole middle finger.

Maybe next year.

Ed Higginbotham
12/8/17 11:31 a.m.

New photos added!

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
12/9/17 7:20 a.m.

My flight got canceled last night so I get to actually walk the show today. Pretty psyched, as so far it has been nothing but meetings for me.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth MegaDork
12/9/17 7:23 a.m.

What is the tube frame Civic in the first shot? 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/9/17 7:54 a.m.

Does that Pantera-looking thing have a sign next to it saying "RE Equipped" with a spinning triangle symbol?

Would've liked to see more of PAC's Ultra4 truck. And I would've asked you to ask them to please accept international payments!

Patrick
12/9/17 8:58 a.m.

We’re heading back to the convention center in a bit, took some nyquil last night and just woke up.  

I’ll be in a black DBZ Goku shirt that says OVER 9000!!!!!! On it laugh

snailmont5oh
snailmont5oh HalfDork
12/9/17 9:01 a.m.

Have any of you bugged Ramey or Ryan from UMI Performance about Fairmont parts yet?  I'd really love it if a ton of people did that. 

Really, just tell any of the UMI guys that they need more Fairmont parts. 

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
12/9/17 9:33 a.m.

I’d love some info from Scheid diesel on their aluminum Cummins block if only available solid or can be had with water. Saw a solid one in their booth on Facebook....

Patrick
12/9/17 10:08 a.m.
Ranger50 said:

I’d love some info from Scheid diesel on their aluminum Cummins block if only available solid or can be had with water. Saw a solid one in their booth on Facebook....

Will see what i can nab.  We went by them yesterday and are doing the other hall today.

mike60
mike60
12/10/17 8:11 p.m.

This by far was the best one!!

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
12/11/17 8:14 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

What is the tube frame Civic in the first shot? 

Civic bodywork intended for the SCCA GT3 class. You supply the chassis. 

MotorsportsGordon
MotorsportsGordon New Reader
12/11/17 8:29 p.m.

That Pontiac Safari looks pretty sweet and interesting.

minivan_racer
minivan_racer UberDork
12/11/17 9:02 p.m.

This thing is nuts.  Apparently some NY fire department organization has fire fighter races where the fastest team to hook up a hose and spray a target wins.  It's hard to explain so here:

David S. Wallens
12/12/17 2:54 p.m.

Yep, the fire department drill team competition was new to me--and I grew up on Long Island. How did I not know about it? (In my defense, I guess it's big on the South Shore while I grew up on the North Shore.) But, yes, that's a real, life race fire truck: like 800 horsepower (they say) and 2000 pounds. You can learn more here. I guess there's a "break-out," too, for the trucks so that firefighters don't get thrown off. 

David S. Wallens
12/12/17 2:56 p.m.
Ed Higginbotham
12/12/17 3:31 p.m.

I had no idea that was a thing. That's amazing. 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/12/17 3:39 p.m.

People will race anything. That's awesome.

David S. Wallens
12/12/17 6:19 p.m.

So you're all saying that I need to head up to Long Island in order to conduct some research? 

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk UberDork
12/12/17 6:43 p.m.

I used to watch those fire truck competitions from Islip, NY on ABC's "Wide World of Sports" 40 or 50 years ago. You guys need to get out more.

Patrick
12/12/17 7:01 p.m.
DeadSkunk said:

I used to watch those fire truck competitions on ABC's "Wide World of Sports" 40 or 50 years ago. You guys need to get out more.

I was negative 13 fifty years ago 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mVuC6OUCtkBp6VYBa4tC5TkPqdR1vnCXHUUkfh5wQHJvcB2X0pCc1zR4mSPqI716