Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Editorial Assistant
4/23/15 10:58 a.m.

Alright, so we're here at Road Atlanta for the Classic Motorsports Mitty. Competitors moved into the paddock yesterday afternoon and today is a test day. The event goes into full swing tomorrow. Come on down and join us!

Here are some of the views so far. I'll keep this thread updated as the event wears on.

The Mitty isn't strictly for blue chip cars. There are also quite a few grassroots, but very cool cars.

The guy racing that Volvo also drove this to the track.

Ed Higginbotham
4/23/15 11:16 a.m.

The Masters USA series is full of older Formula 1 cars. They just came off track from their first session. The music they produce while lapping Road Atlanta is astounding. Definitely worth seeing in person.

gamby
gamby UltimaDork
4/23/15 12:26 p.m.

Wow--the F1 cars are pretty nuts. So cool that they still get wrung out once in awhile.

Ed Higginbotham
4/23/15 4:17 p.m.

Alright. The track just went cold. Tomorrow the Mitty really takes off.

Is that pretty or what?

We just finished putting number plates on the MINIs for the GT Radial Ride and Drive. You can drive these things around an autocross course for no charge on Friday and Saturday.

Our project cars made it safe and sound.

BMW is the featured marque this year. They came prepared with a great display of their M cars.

And this is our pace car.

Ed Higginbotham
4/23/15 4:19 p.m.

Paging MadScientistMatt.

Just found this thing outside the DIY Autotune trailer. I was intrigued.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed SuperDork
4/23/15 4:21 p.m.

Loving the pics! That Alfa in the first one is beautiful...........well so are all the others cars too!! I had planned on attending this year but things came up and I couldn't. Please keep the pics coming.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce PowerDork
4/23/15 5:12 p.m.

What is the snap together flooring under the BMW's? It looks smaller than RaceDeck. It might open up some pattern possibilities for me.

D2W
D2W New Reader
4/23/15 5:15 p.m.
Ed Higginbotham wrote: Alright. The track just went cold. Tomorrow the Mitty really takes off. Is that pretty or what?

So much want

Ed Higginbotham
4/24/15 3:44 p.m.

Alright. So the Mitty has been absolutely great so far. Today has been practice and qualifying. The first race is coming up here in a little bit.

The corrals have already started filling up. It's been a pretty great show out for a Friday.

And then this thing showed up.

Ed Higginbotham
4/24/15 3:50 p.m.

And I've been out most of the day working at the test track for the GT Radial Ride and Drive. A lot of people having fun flinging these MINIs around.

And here's a good photo that Tom sent to me.

Ed Higginbotham
4/24/15 4:02 p.m.

And we can't forget the Coker Tire Tour. Tim and Margie helped lead over 50 cars through some amazing mountain roads en route to the Mitty. They had a nice diverse attendance.

This SVO belongs to someone here on the forum there's a build thread to be found if you care to search.

I'm kind of jealous of their breakfast. I had hotel biscuits and gravy.

A word from Corky Coker, himself.

We hear his last co-driver got a little mouthy.

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero SuperDork
4/24/15 8:32 p.m.

In reply to Ed Higginbotham:

Ed . . . You are killing me.

I trying make it there tomorrow for at least one day.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
4/25/15 6:50 a.m.

The tour was really fun. We led in our now nicely modified M235i. Parade laps in this car were a blast.

Ed Higginbotham
4/25/15 5:15 p.m.

In reply to Strike_Zero:

Hope you made it out! The weather looked terrible in the morning but it really turned out awesome today.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xdebd9TdBEsz2zYAfCi1x7vlI8IJxXsYbm8TfmZWVzvxeGS3QtZzByQG5zL3Osps