HoserRacing
HoserRacing HalfDork
12/17/17 9:24 a.m.

I've just bought an '04 Denali, going to start using it for more comfortable towing and sell the Funbulance.  The radio is fubar'd in the Denali, needs the factory reset and I don't have a local dealer.  I'm wanting to put in an aftermarket head unit with a back up camera, but I'd like to try to keep the 6 disc CD changer.  Crutchfield's doesn't have an adapter, but I'm figuring some resourceful cheapskate on here may have figured out a way to do this sometime in the past.  Am I right?  Any suggestions?  I listen to books on CD (yes, I still even have one on cassette that's waiting for me to buy an old enough car to have a cassette deck still in it), and not having to change while towing would be nice.  Thanks!

Brian
Brian UltraDork
12/19/17 11:33 a.m.

did you try ebay?  it's very likely there isn't an option for it other than sticking with an OE radio.

HoserRacing
HoserRacing HalfDork
12/19/17 11:46 a.m.

Yes, all I saw were either CD changers or just the harness for the aftermarket radio.  :(  

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
12/19/17 12:25 p.m.

Why not just put all the books into digital format and play them via aux-in from a cheap Chinese audio player? You could hold a lot more then 6 CDs worth of audio books on a player. The only problem I could see with this plan would be if you forgot to stop the player when you stopped the car.

For example. https://penonaudio.com/music-players/benjie-s5.html

conesare2seconds
conesare2seconds Dork
12/19/17 5:51 p.m.

If you get the Delco/Bose back up and running, drop a few bucks on an iSimple interface. You will lose the factory XM but gain a USB input and Bluetooth capability for hands-free calls, nav and streaming music from your phone. It plugs in to the factory harness and retains the steering wheel control functionality. I put one in the 04 Suburban and it was seamless. The dash, hush and trim panels come apart so easily everything was hidden (I sacrificed a cigarette lighter for the USB port but that wasn’t strictly necessary, and I put the phone mic on the sun visor).  If you must retain XM there is a relatively inexpensive workaround.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3opafE8rRK33SEs5a7NuGJKsHnrapeU24NddeFn0UN9owxOGmqqovURpbMwKdE5K