GPz11 (Forum Supporter)
GPz11 (Forum Supporter) Reader
5/24/20 7:01 a.m.

Folks,

I'm looking for a single din radio that has a separate touch screen and CarPlay would be nice too.

Pretty sure I saw someone on here with a set up like that but my googlefu is failing me.

I want to put the head unit where my current one is and have the touch screen on the dash like a GPS. I don't want one with the screen pops out since my radio is currently at the lowest spot in my dash and I'd have to be looking down at it.

bradyzq
bradyzq Dork
5/24/20 10:37 a.m.

Would a smartphone remote control be enough? If so, I know at least Kenwood, and probably all other brands actually, offer this. 

Dr. Hess (Forum Supporter)
Dr. Hess (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/24/20 10:51 a.m.

If a smart phone will do it, then a tablet would probably work as well.  A dedicated tablet set where you want it would seem like a good solution.

bradyzq
bradyzq Dork
5/24/20 10:55 a.m.

Mine is like this one. Though I must admit I don't use the remote on my phone. I use voice commands.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_613BT572U/Kenwood-KDC-BT572U.html

Cactus
Cactus HalfDork
5/25/20 12:43 a.m.

Sorry to piggyback (or am I?) But is there a good single Din pop out screen? I've got a single Din with a non-popping-out-tiny screen for the backup cam on my truck. It would be nice to have a better idea what I'm reversing into.

GPz11 (Forum Supporter)
GPz11 (Forum Supporter) Reader
5/25/20 6:52 a.m.

There seems to be alot of those available. Here's a Alpine one.

https://www.abt.com/product/132887/Alpine-9-Halo9-Mech-Less-Audio-Video-Receiver-ILXF259.html?camptype=cpcChicagoGooglePLA&utm_source=google&utm_medium=sc&utm_campaign=SC%20Shopping%20-%20CHI%20PLA%20-%20Brand%20-%20Desktop&gclid=CjwKCAjwtqj2BRBYEiwAqfzur8BWETjeHYf8Cj8XTAy91TOSEP4VPGDyJbGLEVRmLPqbt5fzp88-8xoCDY4QAvD_BwE

I'm still looking for a separate screen type that has CarPlay. I thought about just using my phone but if I have the music playing loud and the phone rings, everyone knows I got a call. :>)

mileswalker168
mileswalker168
5/14/23 7:36 a.m.

Here are some articles, I have found related to your query:

caraudiowise.com/best-flip-out-head-units

The stereo mentioned in this post comes with all features that you mentioned above.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Lg5KuKGsFW1Rt5G024LrodktyDm8plthHfqmR0Wxo3dFiWY4sxutXUWPOdLgOarJ