1 2 3 4 ... 30
sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/26/18 4:26 p.m.

I'm pretty sure the only festiva to run in OneLap was a Shogun.  Does that really count, though?

Bob the REAL oil guy.
Bob the REAL oil guy. MegaDork
1/26/18 4:28 p.m.

In reply to sleepyhead :

If it truly was a Shogun, than no it doesn't. That was built in Detroit by a bunch of whacko Ford people. Korean shell, using a Japanese engine and trans in the back built by an American car company. 

EDIT: Shogun.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
1/26/18 4:38 p.m.

It was a real one. Hit the Armco lightly at NCM. 

Edit: more than one SHOgun has run. How about that.

sleepyhead
1/26/18 4:48 p.m.

sleepyhead
1/26/18 6:03 p.m.

I should probably admit that:  I've toyed off-handedly with the idea of running a Gen3 Prius.  Of course, we'd probably need a lot more NOS... since we'd have to use it every session.  Then again, we might make up for the cost of that with better mileage?

still, I'm not entirely sure I want to be "that guy" that brings the first one of those to OneLap... even with "cheater gas"

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk UberDork
1/26/18 8:12 p.m.
DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk UberDork
1/26/18 8:26 p.m.
Bob the REAL oil guy.
1/26/18 8:29 p.m.
DeadSkunk said:

https://jxn.craigslist.org/cto/d/06-hyundai-sonata/6460232885.html

E36 M3. I’ll be in south bend tomorrow getting tires. I wonder how pissed the wife will be to make a 2 hour detour?

sleepyhead
1/26/18 8:45 p.m.
Bob the REAL oil guy. said:
DeadSkunk said:

https://jxn.craigslist.org/cto/d/06-hyundai-sonata/6460232885.html

E36 M3. I’ll be in south bend tomorrow getting tires. I wonder how pissed the wife will be to make a 2 hour detour?

It's probably a smoker's car wink

sleepyhead
1/26/18 8:49 p.m.
DeadSkunk said:

Screw the Korean car talk and get this...

https://annarbor.craigslist.org/cto/d/ford-granadaautomiles/6467632579.html

Anyone want to give me the under/over on that Granada completing more events than a certain firebird?

how about the odds on this maverick...

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/d/1976-maverick/6462153317.html ?

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
1/27/18 12:44 a.m.

I'm not sure if Azera is more desirable than Sonata but this one is 1 hour from me. 

https://mansfield.craigslist.org/cto/d/2007-hyundai-azera-limited/6424539050.html

sleepyhead
1/27/18 9:58 a.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

It's a toss-up.  stock for stock, the Azera's a half second quicker in the quarter mile (30hp)... but is 150#s heavier, which'll catch us in the cornering department.  The Azera also has 3 "circular automotive power outlets" to the Sonata's 2.  And the Azera puts us firmly into the mid-priced sedan category... which means we'll mainly be banging it out with the other 2018 Camry (300hp), the 2013 Avalon, a 330i, and probably a couple of Evo's (with one of those being a top-5 contender, assuming they sign up)... oh, and a Civic Type R.

In Econo, with the Sonata, we've got an "outside" chance at 3rd place.

that being said, that's a *clean* looking car for sub $3k

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/27/18 10:06 a.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

If this isn't your car, I don't know what is.

Dimpled for aero. Sweet.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
1/27/18 10:33 a.m.

A little research tells me the Azera offered both the 3.3L (same as Sonata) and a 3.8L. I would only want the heavier car with the bigger engine. In the ad I showed, no clarification as to which V6. 

Sounds like Sonata - Econo class is the way to go. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
1/27/18 10:43 a.m.

As for power outlets, daily, I run 3 items on something like this with no problem.  If we bring 2 of then we'll have all we need.  As a safety, bring a spare fuse for under the dash. 

Bob the REAL oil guy.
1/27/18 11:28 a.m.

I’m bringing my 20,000mAh battery pack as well. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
1/27/18 12:09 p.m.
Bob the REAL oil guy.
1/27/18 2:12 p.m.

that is a tiny back seat!

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
1/27/18 2:43 p.m.

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/d/2007-nissan-quest-35se/6470259539.html

'07- '09 were the best years.  The interior styling was toned down to be less funky moving the gauges from center to back to the front of the driver.  Mechanically, the engine got better chain guides in '06.  

sleepyhead
1/27/18 4:34 p.m.

so, there's already an SVT entered in mid-priced... although I'm not sure how much to rate their actually showing up.  Leg room wise, it comes in at 76.7 compared to 78.7 with the TL.  Since it's on Hawk pads, I'd {want} to swap out pads/rotors to change over to Carbo/G-Loc... so I might as well run the TL.

I'm actually pretty tempted by the van.  Although, that's a bunch of electronics and glass in the roof that we'd want to... address, somehow.  Although, looking into that means we'd probably be able to offload the cargo racks too.  I wonder how many miles it has on it if it's that clean, and priced that low.  Certainly would make loading/unloading easier... and plenty of room for extra bottles.

Unfortunately, the MINI wouldn't turn over yesterday.  Dropped it on the trickle charger overnight, but by the time "family stuff" was over, and I headed to the local-ist inspection station, they were only doing emissions tests... so the MINI's still hanging around my neck.  Maybe monday.

Good news is, I got a patch piece of siding up that had come down a couple weeks ago.  So, there's that monkey off my back.  Small steps.

sleepyhead
1/27/18 4:46 p.m.

other thoughts on the van...

vinyl for the back:
Hauls:
Family       (x)
Groceries (x)
Lumber    (x)
A$$           (X)

I've tried to come up with a pun on Millequestoast... but not finding it yet.   Mille-Quest-NOS ? 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
1/27/18 5:03 p.m.

I drove my Quest just today.  That makes one trip in this week and one in it last week.  It threw a code today for random misfire.  I can slightly feel the misfire.  Mine is a bit harggered and I don't think it is up for the task.  Said another way, it let me down the year I took it to The Challenge and had it towed back.  I just think I am not confident enough of it to take it on a 3,000 mile marathon.  

However, my Quest is the completely base model with no sun roof(s) and none of the other wizardry.  

There are lots of Quests on the Metro DC CL.  Shoot for '06-'09

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
1/27/18 5:21 p.m.

One Lap needs more vans now that both Honda and Toyota have bowed out. 

Do it!

sleepyhead
1/27/18 5:27 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

One Lap needs more vans now that both Honda and Toyota have bowed out. 

Do it!

I had a feeling that would be your reaction to this... I know the Quest did "surprisingly good" in the autocross at Challenge... anyboady have results... and know if any of the miatas there that year were running on "summer tires"?

sleepyhead
1/27/18 5:31 p.m.
John Welsh said:

I just think I am not confident enough of it to take it on a 3,000 mile marathon.  

However, my Quest is the completely base model with no sun roof(s) and none of the other wizardry.  

There are lots of Quests on the Metro DC CL.  Shoot for '06-'09

I see two on there at $1500 with "transmission issues" are the 5spds in the later cars have some kind of known issue?

1 2 3 4 ... 30

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CmmmYcbxuIScdQiuP2oYBpsTku1LxSSNuvHz35JkLprVqaOOj3szz9uiB9Y4CSew