1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 30
klodkrawler05
klodkrawler05 Reader
5/4/18 6:55 a.m.

I woke today and was instantly sad, don't know why, then realized it was because I was missing the start!

Good luck! oh and if you haven't already heard it, Slipangle by track tuned podcast, their last episode interviewed Brock Yates and he talked a bit about next year and some of the history of the event, should be fun listening to eat up 75-80 miles worth of transit!

sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/4/18 8:45 a.m.

Headed north, noon South Bend arrival predicted

Jah29
Jah29 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
5/4/18 11:12 a.m.

In reply to sleepyhead :

Remove the windshield velcro from the EZ pass I brought last year.  Weight reduction and it’s pretty high up!  

Goodluck guys!

sleepyhead
5/4/18 2:17 p.m.

We'll we've gotten through tech, and am now getting through the driver's meeting...

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
5/4/18 10:30 p.m.

Have you ever wondered if it would be fun to sit down to dinner with Bob and John and sleepyhead? The answer is yes, super fun. laugh

Bob the REAL oil guy.
Bob the REAL oil guy. MegaDork
5/5/18 6:57 a.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

Have you ever wondered if it would be fun to sit down to dinner with Bob and John and sleepyhead? The answer is yes, super fun. laugh

I thoroughly enjoyed our 2.5 hour dinner!

sleepyhead
5/5/18 7:40 a.m.

So, apparently I'm talk like a map of London? (dense, meandering... and frequently confusing)

sleepyhead
5/5/18 9:45 a.m.

Wet skid pad has started... We've got a bit of wait still... but at least the weather is nice so far

Bob the REAL oil guy.
5/5/18 11:10 a.m.

Wet skid pad complete. On the road to Chicago 

sleepyhead
5/5/18 11:18 a.m.

Well, Bob knocked it pretty good... getting 0.744 and 30th overall!

Plus 4th in-class!

sleepyhead
5/5/18 11:44 a.m.

One thing Bob reported is that the "reverse stagger" of the tires  is making the car a bit twitchy to throttle inputs. So, we'll see how that feels on the bigger tracks.

Part of the challenge of swinging this one out without testing cheeky

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
5/5/18 12:18 p.m.

Bob the REAL oil guy.
5/5/18 12:20 p.m.

This is my reaction to the results

Bob the REAL oil guy.
5/5/18 3:36 p.m.

Hurry up and wait. 

klodkrawler05
klodkrawler05 Reader
5/5/18 4:57 p.m.

Well you guys are beating rs motors after the skidpad, so not a bad start at all!

sleepyhead
5/5/18 7:12 p.m.

So, kudos to Seth and Brian for their impressive 39th overall.

The TL was 63rd... with me over-driving a bit.... and over slowing a bit in some corners.  The brakes are a out what I expected.... getting a bit squishy by the third lap.

The miata was about 3sec behind me.  So, I've got some work cut out for me.

cheeky

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
5/5/18 7:58 p.m.

Travis Pastrana, helping to make the dream of beating Travis Pastrana come true for so many. laugh

We had a VERY good day. Fastest Honda. 

Bob the REAL oil guy.
5/5/18 8:10 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

Travis Pastrana, helping to make the dream of beating Travis Pastrana come true for so many. laugh

We had a VERY good day. Fastest Honda. 

This had 3 people chuckling way too hard. 

sleepyhead
5/5/18 9:42 p.m.

One of the dangers of OneLap is that eventually you'll end up stopped at some gas station... where a 16year old kid will be feeling their oats at the sight of a bunch of stickered up semi-racar... and insist on neutral revving their mustang gt.

I don't think they were all that impressed that the TL only had 260hp.  Fortunately Mike Hickman showed up with his Camaro.... so we and the miata could sneak off to dinner only having to deal with two requests to "drift it!"

grumble grumble kids these days  wink

Bob the REAL oil guy.
5/6/18 8:33 a.m.

Gateway. Cars ready. Possible showers early. Should be fine for the slow cars. 

sleepyhead
5/6/18 12:00 p.m.

This morning has been an exciting one.  We had enough sprinkles to make you think big rain was imminent.  Plus two cars spun through turn 1 here.  Unfortunately, one of those was our own beloved mazdeuce. The deuce is ok, neither shaken nor stirred.  The car is bent, but only broken in the A/C... and their on a parts run in the Acura now.

sleepyhead
5/6/18 12:11 p.m.

The other spin was by our friends in the white C5 vette... in my run group. I took advantage of the "bring your car to a controlled stop" under a red flag and got stopped just past start/finish so I'd get another sighting lap.

That was helpful I getting settled on some of my lines, and finish up at 55th overall.  We're now 6th in class, where we'll hopefully stay unless I find a bit more speed right quick... and find a way to catch out the civic TypeR.

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/6/18 12:21 p.m.

parking lot nos install time.

klodkrawler05
klodkrawler05 Reader
5/6/18 12:22 p.m.

Thanks for the update! We saw the contact in the live stream but I didn’t want to bug Brian and Seth about an update as I figured they were scrambling to get the car operational.

nice work this morning! 

sleepyhead
5/6/18 4:31 p.m.

Well, this afternoon went a bit cleaner, and I picked up a second over the morning... but drifted back two places  to 57 for the session.

The drags low ET run, I lost 2/10ths of a second over last year.  Then I lined up next to one of the Dubler cars for the brackets.... which I knew was going to be a hard win.  I ended up running a 14.97... and breaking out by 0.5 a second.

We're still in 6th, although the Avalon smacked the wall in the same turn mazdeuce did, except in the second session..  So, there's a chance we'll sneak into fifth, but we've got to watch the camry, which is not too far behind us.

Meanwhile Pastrana in the STI, and Loudon in the Magnum, are trying to close in and overhaul the Civic TypeR for 2nd and 3rd in class.  Maybe by High Plains?

1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 30

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
w2vVOjyyuxj7FSM0qPZpT5P63ZMsDUMcMSxeVnOpMxQ9aJkEfdFQdDJ6pWtfTYVo