1 2 3
Jaynen
Jaynen SuperDork
7/24/17 2:05 p.m.

Friend took this and sent it to me.. I can't even begin to wonder how this works

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
7/24/17 2:11 p.m.

Throw some bags of Sackrete on the front fenders to allow yourself to steer and your good.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/24/17 2:20 p.m.

Bonus points if the wife & kids are still in the car.

HonestSpeedShop
HonestSpeedShop GRM+ Memberand New Reader
7/24/17 2:25 p.m.

wish we could do that up north...

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/24/17 2:31 p.m.
Fueled by Caffeine wrote: Throw some bags of Sackrete on the front fenders to allow yourself to steer and your good.

Just hit the brakes if you want to steer.

I used to work at a place that had a gator 4x6 or whatever. It was tweaked and the middle wheels were lowest, so with any load into the bed it displayed that behavior. Very very difficult to get used to.

bearmtnmartin
bearmtnmartin GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/24/17 2:37 p.m.

Maybe its a 6.9 IDI...boat anchor over the front axle.

java230
java230 SuperDork
7/24/17 2:43 p.m.

Ill see your truck and raise you a van.

imgon
imgon Reader
7/24/17 2:50 p.m.

Man, I thought I had made some questionable loading decisions in my life, not even in the same galaxy as those guys. Thanks for making me feel smarter today.

classicJackets
classicJackets HalfDork
7/24/17 3:02 p.m.

Let's see if this GIF comes through

Edit: Can't seem to get this Hotlinking right...

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/24/17 3:14 p.m.
classicJackets wrote: Let's see if this GIF comes through Edit: Can't seem to get this Hotlinking right...

You're good, just need to remove the "v" from the end since the board doesn't understand files with gifv extensions, only files with gif extensions.

rslifkin
rslifkin SuperDork
7/24/17 3:39 p.m.

I don't see blatantly overloaded rigs very often, but it's terrifyingly common to see a small utility trailer with stuff on it all the way at the back, strapped to the ramp / gate and very little or even negative tongue weight. I've seen a few where the rear of the tow rig is clearly being lifted up by the trailer. How these morons don't die, I have no idea.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/24/17 3:45 p.m.

I don't get it. What's the big deal? You mean that's not normal??

(South GA- I see comparable stuff almost every single day).

ncjay
ncjay SuperDork
7/24/17 4:05 p.m.

ncjay
ncjay SuperDork
7/24/17 4:07 p.m.

ncjay
ncjay SuperDork
7/24/17 4:10 p.m.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory UberDork
7/24/17 4:20 p.m.

Where's that greenish Civic (or other small import) with the lift of plywood on the roof? That one's been on the 'net for a decade.

Edit: classicJackets found it, wasn't greenish and wasn't a Civic but that's the one, good work!

java230
java230 SuperDork
7/24/17 4:25 p.m.

classicJackets
classicJackets HalfDork
7/24/17 5:20 p.m.

Here's the Jetta... If Google is to be believed, there's also 10 bags of concrete in the trunk..

accordionfolder
accordionfolder HalfDork
7/24/17 5:31 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/i2fkOVHAC8Q

Can this become a thread of videos/pics of overloaded trailers and death wobble?

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UltraDork
7/24/17 6:11 p.m.

No drivetrain in the truck and its going to the shredder I see minimal issues with it.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/24/17 6:11 p.m.

I don't know how to post a video from Twitter here, but one of the British accounts I follow posted a video of an old Seat with 2 cubes of bricks in it limping down the road a month or so ago. maybe it's on YouTube or giphy but I haven't found it yet

bearmtnmartin
bearmtnmartin GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/24/17 6:43 p.m.

Don't forget this old chestnut......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyXgMal3C1U

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/24/17 6:46 p.m.
accordionfolder wrote: https://www.youtube.com/embed/i2fkOVHAC8Q Can this become a thread of videos/pics of overloaded trailers and death wobble?

That's a good demonstration.

Danny Shields
Danny Shields GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/24/17 7:55 p.m.

"Best truck I ever had."

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/24/17 8:16 p.m.

I was behind a pickup truck heading down the interstate, with a load of pallets just above below the top of the cab. "Securing" the load was a cinder block perched on top. I will say that no one was tailgating them...

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
G8o50lW6U2bRl42wwOlp1U4QWJ5xqdBQ4Ibvq2F3GkZ6iGNvQTtoY51hLIda6lXI