mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/28/15 6:36 p.m.

As Atlantic British were finally kind enough to replace my clogged radiator, I had purchased a coolant filter too. (not from them) and installed it at the same time to keep the new radiator from suffering a similar fate.

(yes, it is backwards in this pic)

After half an hour of running...

I already have close to a 800 miles on this engine already.. so imagine what was floating around the coolant when it first got back on the road.

oh wait.. you don't

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/28/15 6:39 p.m.

Yuck.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory UltraDork
7/28/15 7:00 p.m.

Your threads frustrate me. I can feel it comin on as I read.

(Don't take that the wrong way, I'm frustrated FOR you!)

mad_machine
7/28/15 7:01 p.m.

I am extremely frustrated and getting very pissed about the whole matter. I feel like I am builder's "quality control" here

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/28/15 7:08 p.m.

I am jealous of your coolant filter. It is cheaper than replacing the radiator every couple of years. (Or suffering with running hot until finally giving up and buying a new radiator)

Backflushing only does so much.

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
7/28/15 7:22 p.m.
mad_machine wrote: I am extremely frustrated and getting very pissed about the whole matter. I feel like I am builder's "quality control" here

That was a ton of money to have to put up with this crap. I'm hoping you have lot's of longevity out of this new engine, I really hope it doesn't let something go just after the warranty runs up.

mad_machine
7/28/15 8:18 p.m.
Knurled wrote: I am jealous of your coolant filter. It is cheaper than replacing the radiator every couple of years. (Or suffering with running hot until finally giving up and buying a new radiator) Backflushing only does so much.

Where I got my coolant filter!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RbCioWsT7v6lMEk8uJZQOSmcrguosGZPwUNHItFfsKLTmbEQcMobpsAnUzNXItaR