Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero Dork
4/14/13 8:34 p.m.

So, looks like I WILL be going to the Challenge . . . just not this year.

Look for this in 2014:

It runs as well, but does need tires, brake hoses, brake work, a windshield and some assembly

I washed some of the schmutz off, but didn't snap any pics.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce Dork
4/14/13 8:42 p.m.

I see a big steaming pile of......potential. Off to the build threads with you!

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Reader
4/14/13 8:51 p.m.

Sweet! I love these cars! My brother and I were just looking at them on the interwebs a little while ago!

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero Dork
4/14/13 8:58 p.m.

I'm shooting for the under $1000 class on this one. We'll see if I can make it . . .

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
4/14/13 9:05 p.m.

What are those graffiti looking things on the passenger side?

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero Dork
4/14/13 9:22 p.m.

The seller said they were prepping it for bodywork

It looks little cartoon blobs . . .

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Reader
4/14/13 9:22 p.m.

In reply to Swank Force One:

Poor man's racing stripes!

JoeyM
JoeyM MegaDork
4/14/13 9:27 p.m.

Sweet find! look forward to seeing you in Gainesville

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
4/14/13 9:42 p.m.
Strike_Zero wrote: The seller said they were prepping it for bodywork It looks little cartoon blobs . . .

Lol that's bodywork?!

Here I was trying to figure out what the hell kindof Chernobyl squirrel i was looking at.

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/14/13 11:44 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote: Lol that's bodywork?! Here I was trying to figure out what the hell kindof Chernobyl squirrel i was looking at.

I was thinking penguin...

Yeah, a penguin wearing huge shades or goggles and looking off to the left, holding a glass of red wine on the right...

amg_rx7
amg_rx7 Dork
4/15/13 12:15 a.m.

Rotary swap

NOHOME
NOHOME Dork
4/15/13 5:55 a.m.

Perhaps this should be the "Rorschach Racer" since I too fell for trying to decipher the image on the drivers door and rear quarter.

As a bonus, when it comes time to paint, the pressure is off since you can literaly blob the paint on!

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/15/13 6:35 a.m.

I have no idea what that is, because it has RX-7 wheels on the front but it doesn't look like a GLC. And the engine looks vaguely like a Toyota hemi four.

dculberson
dculberson SuperDork
4/15/13 6:43 a.m.

I drove one of these for a long time. It had been totalled twice but just kept going, looking like hell the whole time. It was a Florida car so no rust other than where the paint had been damaged from accidents. The acceleration was somewhat better than glacial but a lot worse than slow. It was an auto, though. Still fun to drive compared to a modern one.

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/15/13 6:48 a.m.

Raaacecar.....

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
4/15/13 9:40 a.m.
Knurled wrote: I have no idea what that is, because it has RX-7 wheels on the front but it doesn't look like a GLC. And the engine looks vaguely like a Toyota hemi four.

It's an 81-83 Toyota Corolla. RWD, 1.8 liter (hemi). Sort of like a poor-man's BMW 2002.

I drove one through high school and college until I rolled it at 65mph or so.......great cars, but I wouldn't recommend rolling one!

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero Dork
4/15/13 1:37 p.m.

Holy crap . . . Stuff for this car is CHEAP!!! I just did up a list of stuff for a complete brake refurb and it's under $150

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero Dork
4/16/13 9:36 p.m.

It RUNS!!!! Build thread coming up . . .

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
4/16/13 9:55 p.m.
ransom wrote:
Swank Force One wrote: Lol that's bodywork?! Here I was trying to figure out what the hell kindof Chernobyl squirrel i was looking at.
I was thinking penguin... Yeah, a penguin wearing huge shades or goggles and looking off to the left, holding a glass of red wine on the right...

At a glance I saw some sorta ghetto Pinky and the Brain

JoeyM
JoeyM MegaDork
4/16/13 9:58 p.m.
Strike_Zero wrote: It RUNS!!!! Build thread coming up . . .

Sweet!!!

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
4/16/13 10:03 p.m.
Strike_Zero wrote: Holy crap . . . Stuff for this car is CHEAP!!! I just did up a list of stuff for a complete brake refurb and it's under $150

If that's a 3tc in there and I think it is, wait til you see how cheap engine parts are on ebay. Last time I was shopping for one I was finding fresh heads for $150, huge cams for $100, etc.

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero Dork
4/16/13 10:43 p.m.

In reply to Swank Force One:

You are correct sir!! Ebay is the bad

Build thread up . . . with video!!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BcczZMHyVMpqcgrwytjOWgqzObTbK2bCJX9oxTZce1KjXlkDqElATEz9tEGSXws1