1 2 3 4
dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/4/12 6:49 a.m.

In no particular order.

Finish the HG job on the mustang. I just have to install the AC compressor and the alternator, plugs and some misc vac lines

Hubs on the expedition (again).

New oil pressure sender in the 924s

02Pilot
02Pilot HalfDork
10/4/12 6:56 a.m.

Install Bilsteins all around plus front wheel bearings on the 525i.

81cpcamaro
81cpcamaro Reader
10/4/12 7:01 a.m.

Autocross it!

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 Reader
10/4/12 7:09 a.m.

Fuel Pump for the Ram, hopefully done by Saturday.

Moving the Van over to the new house finally so I can actually work on it.

Junkyard trip for body panels for the Dakota if I have time.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury UltimaDork
10/4/12 7:16 a.m.

redo the newly busted mount i previously re-did, then, fix the saggy exhaust thats rattling on the rear axle and driving me nucking futs

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
10/4/12 7:17 a.m.

Rebuild the carb on an 18hp Briggs mower.

New piston, rod etc. on a 24hp Husqvarna rider.

Track down the seller of that FJ-3.

CGLockRacer
CGLockRacer GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/4/12 7:18 a.m.

My project F150:

Front hubs back together
Front fuel tank replacement
Rear brake line replacement
Rear pinion seal replacement
Front headlight replacement
Bleed brakes and clutch
Tighten steering box
Prep for rust prevention/bedliner paint

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas HalfDork
81cpcamaro wrote: Autocross it!

This, assuming I can get the alternator conversion done and get the berkeleying thing running right by then.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed Dork

Mostly just routine maintenance and getting them all cleaned up. Actually, even thinking about putting the Miata to bed for winter. I know it's early but it's easier to put away and cover it when it's clean and it's still fairly nice out, so sooner versus later. The same theory as putting up Christmas lights. It's better to put them up in nicer weather instead of some cold blustery day in December. If not this weekend, then within the next few.

wae
wae New Reader
10/4/12 7:23 a.m.

I'd really like to dig the garage out from the mess that I generated while making my final Challenge preps so that I can get the tools and cars all put back where they belong in the garage.

And if I don't get the wife's motorcycle up and running soon, I'm going to have a revolt on my hands.

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltraDork
10/4/12 7:34 a.m.

Absolutely nothing. $1.27 in my pocket keeps me from fixing things.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
10/4/12 7:35 a.m.

Cleaning the garage here too. It's almost time to put the race car up on stands for winter - but there is no way I can roll it in there with all the crud that has accumulated.

I am also refurbishing a set of scales - so I have to epoxy a bunch of strain gages in place.

sachilles
sachilles SuperDork
10/4/12 7:41 a.m.

My son's day care is having a fundraiser, where they have a bunch big trucks, military rigs and race cars available for kids to climb all over. So I'll be there with the race car, trying to mold young minds into becoming future gear heads.

bludroptop
bludroptop SuperDork
10/4/12 7:42 a.m.

I will swap all four wheels and tires, and then swap them back a few hours later.

I will check tire pressures again and again, like some tire pressure obsessive-compulsive maniac.

I will repeatedly bounce off the rev-limiter in second gear, refusing to shift to third.

I will probably end some orange cone's miserable life.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/4/12 7:47 a.m.
sachilles wrote: My son's day care is having a fundraiser, where they have a bunch big trucks, military rigs and race cars available for kids to climb all over. So I'll be there with the race car, trying to mold young minds into becoming future gear heads.

Um, awesome! What a great idea.

The MR2 has one more panel that needs welded into place, then I break out the Bondo. I hate rust. Did I mention that I hate rust. I hate rust. My next 25+ year old car will come from a climate-controlled garage in Arizona. And be 100% stainless steel or carbon fiber.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 Reader
10/4/12 7:48 a.m.

get the condsenser and compressor installed in the 58 caddy convertable.

begin to cut and tweak the EFI manifold for the 70 duster

do the brakes, motor mount, wheel bearing, fluid changes, and detailing on the wifes subaru.

cdowd
cdowd New Reader
10/4/12 7:57 a.m.

You guys are going to be way busier than me. I am starting saturday mourning duck hunting with my boys. followed by changing the oil in the X5, good cleaning. Then a relaxing weekend.

Chris

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
10/4/12 8:19 a.m.

Work on pulling the engine for the Yugo. Pull the spare Yugo to the workshop. Try to get a new starter in the MB.

Nice relaxing weekend.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
10/4/12 8:31 a.m.

No car stuff, post challenge thrash recovery weekend

Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar Associate Editor
10/4/12 8:31 a.m.

Driving Zoe's Yaris to a 5k charity run. Stripping Fiesta's the interior to fit the roll cage. Putting the street wheels back on my Miata, and inspecting a front suspension clunk and what sounds like wheel bearing whine.

And maybe buying a Volvo 242 with a Ford 302.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
10/4/12 8:37 a.m.

Yanking the starter off the Jensen to replace the starter drive and brushes. Otherwise, just pressure washing chez Curmudgeon. Woo hoo.

oldtin
oldtin SuperDork
10/4/12 8:41 a.m.

Install a radio and rear wiper in the DD. Maybe get liquored up and go driving around (I keed, I keed). Probably order some parts for Mrs. Oldtin's 928. If I get ambitious, mess around with the ignition wiring on the MG and see if I can get it running again.

stafford1500
stafford1500 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
10/4/12 8:44 a.m.

Install clutch and hydraulic throw out assembly. Then finish weld the front suspension subframe and reinstall. Okay maybe not that much, whats a few more weeks on a 12 year long project...

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/4/12 8:53 a.m.

Remove wiper screw with stripped head, replace wipers...

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
10/4/12 8:53 a.m.

Transplant pine trees.. Oh wait...

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
U3dgDSfDV3CHFU7Jga8W4bF7qVq9o70MtO43c1pUDDCZrA8HOmfN2tyeYSBiWcVs