DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 HalfDork
3/9/09 2:40 p.m.

This....... Prepping the car for paint! It's going to be a Gallardo Superleggera color called Grigio Telesto. I've got to do some body work as well from when a dumb biatch backed up into my car while I was pumping gas. As well as some misaligned body panels from when I bought the car.

And the color....

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 HalfDork
3/9/09 2:51 p.m.

I was REALLY hoping that it wasn't going to be that disgusting orange or green, and you certainly delivered.

Very nice! That'll look great.

jcanracer
jcanracer New Reader
3/9/09 2:53 p.m.

nice spring break project, but why that gray color? Got tired of black?

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 HalfDork
3/9/09 3:07 p.m.

Never wanted a black car again after having one as my first ever car. I hate the maintenance and how you can see everything.

The car was/is Honda Midnight Blue Metallic. Previous owner got it painted and it was a chittay painted job to say the least. The lambo color is also a pretty cool color and wanted to stray away from what the typical f-body or muscle car owner would do (blue, yellow, etc). It's def a neutral color, but I think it will stand out!

I'm keeping the b-pillar black along with the "rear valence" where the exhaust tips come out. Also have a new exhaust system and come C6 Vette tips to throw on there.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 HalfDork
3/9/09 3:11 p.m.

Honda Midnite Blue Metallic...

My last CRX was that color. So was my 91 Integra. I love that color so much, but it's a PITA to keep looking good. And hard to lay it well.

I think your car would look good in Acura Aztec Green... but good luck finding it.

I still like the grey, though.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
3/9/09 3:36 p.m.

I like the gray.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/9/09 4:09 p.m.

That gray will look awesome.

You should paint it like this:

SupraWes
SupraWes Dork
3/9/09 4:15 p.m.
DirtyBird222 wrote: As well as some misaligned body panels from when GM built the car.

Fixed!

P71
P71 GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/9/09 4:45 p.m.

As long as you leave the roof/t-tops/b-pillar and wheels black it will be HOT! Sanding gets old after awhile though...

longhorndude
longhorndude New Reader
3/9/09 4:53 p.m.

wow good looking car, will look even better with that paint

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/9/09 5:14 p.m.

i spy with my little eye a mopar e-body!

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 HalfDork
3/9/09 5:46 p.m.
AngryCorvair wrote: i spy with my little eye a mopar e-body!

Nope guess again! Mid 60s GM car! Sanding gets old after about 2 minutes.

P71
P71 GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/9/09 7:47 p.m.

Question... why not the new GM Cyber Grey? Like on the new ZR1...

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 HalfDork
3/9/09 8:47 p.m.
P71 wrote: Question... why not the new GM Cyber Grey? Like on the new ZR1...

Pretty soon every f-body owner, c5, c6, and other random car owners will be spraying their cars that color. Just like everyone did when GM came out with Spiral Grey and that Viper Steel Gray color.

It is badass, but I just want something that is kind-of "one-off" yet not too loud.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/9/09 8:51 p.m.

I like it, I was thinking the gray that came out on the Audi TT a few years ago for my Monte.

mtn
mtn Dork
3/9/09 8:56 p.m.
DirtyBird222 wrote:
AngryCorvair wrote: i spy with my little eye a mopar e-body!
Nope guess again! Mid 60s GM car! Sanding gets old after about 2 minutes.

The white one is a Corvette, right?

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 HalfDork
3/9/09 9:11 p.m.

yup 74 Stingray. Stock powerplant had like 190hp lol

PHeller
PHeller Reader
3/9/09 10:04 p.m.

I kinda like it without the wing...

Luke
Luke Dork
3/9/09 10:14 p.m.

How does one go about obtaining a colour like Grigio Telesto?

Does the paint shop just match it as best they can, or do you actually have to go through Lamborghini or something?

It's a great color choice for your car, btw.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 Dork
3/10/09 9:16 a.m.

Go to the local paint supply shop, give them the color code *0098 they get a print off of the materials to mix for however much the customer is buying, they hand you a can, you pay them, done.

Sherwin williams is a great supplier of automotive paints as well. I went to the local paint shop that deals PPG paints because that is who Lambo used for that particular paint. The Standox reducer price was outrageous though....

longhorndude
longhorndude New Reader
3/10/09 10:19 a.m.

looks like a camaro next to the vette... am i right??

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/10/09 11:26 a.m.

Chevelle.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 Dork
3/10/09 5:04 p.m.
John Brown wrote: Chevelle.

ding ding ding! 66 Chevelle. Dad started sanding it down for paint and realized the car had been in an accident before and that fender was pretty much trash. So he got a new one and is working on it.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UZKuxzECOZ1SPLVyzyRjBHBupGFeWMr281CZaRofZrHopaqnkC3Pj58NJivCZAxg