1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
1/17/18 7:53 a.m.

Wow.  Just wow.

On the upside, you went from the first Denali with questionable rust holes and high miles to a much nicer Denali.  Here's your opportunity to trade up again!  A few more and you'll have a new one cheeky

On a serious note, glad you and the family are ok.  I'd look hard at getting some landscape boulders installed.  Maybe your insurance company will pay for them as a preventative measure.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/17/18 8:00 a.m.

I am kind of pissed off about it and it is not even my vehicles. I know the pita this kind of thing brings and the highs and lows that are part of this. 

Here is hoping you get an even better payout that lets you step up to an even better vehical. 

I assume you have insurance on it like the other one? 

Anyway I would be beyond pissed if I was you. On a side note I am not sure that I would share with the insurance company what you paid if you really got a good deal on that vehical. I would be inclined to point out just how perfect it was and be looking on used dealer lots for comps and let them come back with a number. You know the drill at this point. . 

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/17/18 8:58 a.m.

Saw the thread title and thought "No way, can't be the new one." Un. berkeleying. Believable. 

xflowgolf
xflowgolf Dork
1/17/18 9:16 a.m.

Sorry to hear!  It is kind of amazing though.  Glad everyone is safe.  

dean1484
1/17/18 9:17 a.m.
ebonyandivory said:

In reply to dean1484 :

The one tree is a red maple and it’s damaged but didn’t break any branches. And aside from bark, it seems ok.Sure did a number on my truck when it got shoved into it.

We have about 60-70’ of torn up grass in 4 spiraling strips. So much dirt and grass in the driveway. The Altima rental was covered in dirt and grass in fact.

What about the ATF and coolant puddles in the driveway? Ramp truck guys threw speedy-dry on it and left.

I’m thinking ATF isn’t good for asphalt. 

Klayfish will probibly know for sure but I would be bringing all of that to the attention of the insurance company. The worst they can say is no.  Look at it this way. If you are going to pay someone to fix all that what will it cost you.  They caused the damage they should pay to make you whole. 

The tree is actually the tough one. My nabors tree was hit and it took the bark off. He told me they left the claim open and six months. In the fall the tree had to be removed due to the damage causing it to slowly die.  Again it was a big payday. Well north of 10k. But it was a tree he had planted as part of the landscaping of his property more than 20 years ago and to replace a tree that size is big money.  

ATF should be able to be cleaned or maybe seal coat the driveway. Laun damage I would get a landscaper to quote you. 

I know it may all sound like nitpicking but all the little things add up and if you don’t ask/bring it to there attention they probibly will not volunteer payment for it. 

This may be weird to day but the damage to the tree and the yard may be more than the value of the truck. 

Oh this reminds me. You did look in to insurance on the rental I asked you about yes?  I am sure people around here don’t want to here my story about the insurance on the rental when my jag was totaled again.  I hope what you were told about that was correct or that could turn in to a serious PITA. 

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory UberDork
1/17/18 9:32 a.m.

In reply to Klayfish :

Much appreciated!

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory UberDork
1/17/18 9:37 a.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

As far as they know I paid out the butt for such a clean one!devil

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory UberDork
1/17/18 9:39 a.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

Rental company is filing on his insurance policy. I’m dropping off the police report now.

Bobcougarzillameister
Bobcougarzillameister MegaDork
1/17/18 9:45 a.m.

Is it too early to call dibs? Also might I recommend buying a lotto ticket while out today. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
1/17/18 9:49 a.m.
ebonyandivory said:

In reply to dean1484 :

Rental company is filing on his insurance policy. I’m dropping off the police report now.

YEAH, there's an insurance policy!  

dean1484
1/17/18 9:52 a.m.

I was going to say you really are doing your part to provide LS  motors  to the New England area. Your are keeping the prices low for the rest of us. Your hard work and dedication to this cause is greatly appreciated. 

winksmiley

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory UberDork
1/17/18 9:53 a.m.

In reply to Bobcougarzillameister :

That’s TWO 6.0 liters that got away from me! 

dean1484
1/17/18 9:55 a.m.

I hate to ask but I wonder where it will end up. I need a drivers seat for my Denali. By chance did it have a tan interior?  

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory UberDork
1/17/18 9:58 a.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

It sure did! It’s in East Bridgewater now. Can’t know where it’s headed. 

It’s at Paul Wolfe Motors, 349 N. Bedford Steet

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory UberDork
1/17/18 10:00 a.m.
John Welsh said:
ebonyandivory said:

In reply to dean1484 :

YEAH, there's an insurance policy!  

And we’re filing for property damage and so are our neighbors. Drunk driving across my lawn is FROWNED UPON IN THIS ESTABLISHMENT 

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory UberDork
1/17/18 10:09 a.m.
dean1484 said:

I was going to say you really are doing your part to provide LS  motors  to the New England area. Your are keeping the prices low for the rest of us. Your hard work and dedication to this cause is greatly appreciated. 

winksmiley

One 2005 Yukon Denali at a time.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/17/18 10:14 a.m.
EastCoastMojo said:

I know what you mean. I live on a pretty straight stretch of road and we have had no less than 5 cars plow into the slope in front of our house. I have no idea how any of them even got pointed in our direction, it's berkeleying straight!

I've heard through the grape vine that drunken panic stops can cause cars to break the laws of physics momentarily.

Greg Voth
Greg Voth Dork
1/17/18 10:20 a.m.

You can file against his carrier or your homeowners for the damage to the yard / tree however your homeowners likely has realatively low limits for the tree.  I'd try his first.

They are likely not going to immediately want to pay for the tree replacement since it appears to be consmetic at this point.  It might be a wait see type of thing or you can look into having an arborist inspect and write up a report.

Harvey
Harvey GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/17/18 10:27 a.m.

I know this loud bang of which you speak.

For a while my wife and I lived in my Aunt's garage apartment, which was a sweet setup for us. She has a good sized property that is adjacent to a curve in the road leading away from town. One night we are sitting watching TV and I hear a really loud BANG, I mean explosive loud. I run outside and this guy in a small van has plowed into a car that was parked outside the fence on the side of the road. Turns out my cousin had her prom night and all the kids car pooled in a limo and so this one kid left his car parked outside on the shoulder. This is still well off of the road itself.

So, the car has been jammed through the fence and somehow the guy has either pulled away or ricocheted off the car and is down the road. He has gotten out of his van, staggers towards me, obviously drunk off his ass and then staggers back to the van and gets back in and attempts to drive away! His van won't start at this point though and right then a cop drives up.

The car that the kid left there was his Dad's new Porsche 911. You should have seen the kid when he came the next morning to get the car and it had been towed away. I had to talk him off the ledge since it wasn't his fault.

That particular curve though has led to at least two other crashes through that fence. The problem is that it's one of the routes people take from the downtown bar area back to the highway. So, drunk people all the time coming through there. Also, there is an uphill right before you come to this curve, so you don't see it even if you're looking ahead. In one case a guy drove completely through the fence and onto the lawn and then pulled out and drove away, but he left his front bumper with the license plate on it.

akylekoz
akylekoz HalfDork
1/17/18 10:29 a.m.

Sounds like you need to buy back the Yukons and resell to GRMers.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/17/18 10:42 a.m.
ebonyandivory said:
dean1484 said:

winksmiley

One 2005 Yukon Denali at a time.

You should try escalade next. 

Stealthtercel
Stealthtercel Dork
1/17/18 11:00 a.m.

I know people driving drunk or high don't apply the same thought processes as the rest of us, but they at least think they're driving correctly.  E & I obviously has some kind of pattern going on.  I wonder if there's something about the way his property looks that makes it seem like a road.  Sounds ridiculous, I know, but I once heard about a lengthy investigation into why there was a string of accidents at one particular railroad crossing.  Eventually they figured out that somebody hundreds of yards away had a light on outside their property at night that by some fluke looked like a very distant train.  Drivers would see the flashing lights for the crossing, stop, look both ways, see "a train way off in the distance," drive across the tracks, and that's all she wrote.

It would take a lot of time and effort to track something like this down, and I can totally understand that giant boulders are simpler and guaranteed to work, not to mention somewhat satisfying.  But it would be interesting to find out.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory UberDork
1/17/18 11:15 a.m.

In reply to Stealthtercel :

We’ve had crashes and rollovers from the North and an equal amount from the South.

dean1484
1/17/18 11:21 a.m.
Greg Voth said:

You can file against his carrier or your homeowners for the damage to the yard / tree however your homeowners likely has realatively low limits for the tree.  I'd try his first.

They are likely not going to immediately want to pay for the tree replacement since it appears to be consmetic at this point.  It might be a wait see type of thing or you can look into having an arborist inspect and write up a report.

This^^^

When my nabors tree was damaged the left the claim open. It was hit in the spring and it was evident  by mid summer that the tree was not doing well. I am not sure of the exact process but it was about a six month thing to determine that the tree was “totaled” as well. 

FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy Reader
1/17/18 11:32 a.m.

Seeing that map, it looks like people in your area just really, really hate Denalis.

1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sgumKuVunSxRYq6aARDZUD3qYqcUQe1osmGgHtzqGedRQnAE63AKZVPXTdeoJsoV