1 2
RossD
RossD MegaDork
8/3/17 8:24 a.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltraDork
8/3/17 8:38 a.m.

Looks like it doesn't come with any EFI stuff?

2 sets of literbike throttle bodies.
Megasquirt.
E153 transaxle.
One of these:

Stir vigorously and serve sideways into a tree

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/3/17 8:38 a.m.

Gulp, too close for comfort! I'd put that in my MGB GT

Burrito
Burrito Dork
8/3/17 8:41 a.m.

I think the only logical place to put that would be between the shock towers of my '72 GTV. It would in no way fit there, but I'll be damned if that wouldn't be about the perfect home for it.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
8/3/17 8:42 a.m.

Imma take a queue from ¯_(ツ)_/¯ and do the literbike top end bit, and drop it into a biturbo shell. Then, stun the world with the only running and driving biturbo on the planet.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltraDork
8/3/17 8:43 a.m.

In reply to 4cylndrfury:

I thought about that, but then you'd need to add two turbos...

RossD
RossD MegaDork
8/3/17 8:44 a.m.

There's the classic "$2500 Biturbo" just north of Green Bay that's listed on Milwaukee's CL.

HonestSpeedShop
HonestSpeedShop GRM+ Memberand New Reader
8/3/17 10:28 a.m.

the answer is always miata......

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
8/3/17 10:30 a.m.

That would fit nicely under the hatch of a Mk1 Scirocco. RWD, mid-engined, V-8 Ferrari (Maser) powered VW?

Ah.....it's like I'm 16 years old in study hall again!

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
8/3/17 10:32 a.m.

I just noticed the title...$2500?!? sounds like "resell and buy a challenge winner and a new TV" is the right answer here...

Titan4
Titan4 New Reader
8/3/17 10:40 a.m.
HonestSpeedShop wrote: the answer is always miata......

There was actually a guy on one of the Miata forums that tried that. Never finished it, though.

oldtin
oldtin PowerDork
8/3/17 10:45 a.m.

upholding my theory that all 2005 quattroportes are parts cars. Needs to be in an exocet or locost.

Mitchell
Mitchell UberDork
8/3/17 10:48 a.m.

I would start with all of the engine-out maintenance that Italian engines are so famous for.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
8/3/17 10:52 a.m.

Some guy in OK build a Birdcage from scratch around one of those. Not sure whatever happened to the car. Last I saw of it, it was at an auction site somewhere. He showed it at our English car show. We were like, uh, it's an ENGLISH car show and we show ENGLISH cars. It has to be ENGLISH to be in the show, OK? He claimed the windshield was from England. We a charity event, so we said, yeah, whatever, put it in Race and Modified class. Beautiful job on the car, though and it looked cool with the Maser V8.

JeffHarbert
JeffHarbert GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/3/17 11:13 a.m.

I'd drop under the hood of a first-gen Supra and add an 8-stack EFI for giggles.

RoddyMac17
RoddyMac17 Reader
8/3/17 11:15 a.m.

Use it as the basis for a replica of this car (Maserati 151/3)?

RossD
RossD MegaDork
8/3/17 11:29 a.m.

Anyone have a Corvette Cheetah body/chassis kicking around?

Devilsolsi
Devilsolsi Reader
8/3/17 11:51 a.m.

I always thought a restomod Maserati Merak would be really cool with this engine.

oldtin
oldtin PowerDork
8/3/17 11:57 a.m.

this looks like a good place for it

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/3/17 12:08 p.m.

There was a woman here once that put a Beemer V8 in a Daytona 250 kit car (right hand drive), makes me think a Locost or TVR is the new answer.

The0retical
The0retical SuperDork
8/3/17 12:19 p.m.

Edit I'm going to change my answer. The Supra is way more garish and it'll make people angry to put in in a MKIV.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/3/17 12:34 p.m.

Wow, you guys are really off your game today...the obvious answer is in the back of the Renault he already owns.

RossD
RossD MegaDork
8/3/17 12:44 p.m.

Stick a $2500 engine in a $1500 car? For a GRM thread, it checks out!

Edit: There is an Audi/VW DVZ transaxle in Milwaukee for $300...I don't even want to know if they can be modified for a rear engine application.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/3/17 12:50 p.m.

Well, if we are being honest and realistic I would more likely pay $2500 and then put it in the corner where I would proceed to trip over it for years while constantly changing my mind about what to do with it.

NEALSMO
NEALSMO UberDork
8/3/17 12:54 p.m.

Really nice coffee table. Anything else seems to costly to own and operate.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hlZ1xyvqkCORakYbGnIuFYdfo4wrM4sv2royuJDzGR1rrhmSSqDBGq9xniLcTasi