1 2
moparman76_69
moparman76_69 SuperDork
4/30/14 10:49 a.m.
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote:
mndsm wrote:
moparman76_69 wrote: Black caulk.
White caulk would work too, but it comes in a smaller tube.
Well there are large tubes of white caulk, but they're not advertised as much as the black caulk tubes.

Apparently caulk jokes aren't funny 'round here. Maybe he can stuff some caulk in that nasty hole behind the skirt.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/30/14 11:34 a.m.

In reply to moparman76_69:

Three nuns waiting for a bus a look like they want to know why I'm laughing to myself but are .very afraid to ask

Aspen
Aspen Reader
4/30/14 2:14 p.m.

That right there was funny!

16vCorey
16vCorey PowerDork
4/30/14 2:23 p.m.
1966stang wrote:
Kenny_McCormic wrote: Polyurethane construction adhesives are the GRM solution(a fraction of the cost of the automotive equivalents).
This.....I ahve used this stuff and it is amazing.

This. I've patched floors and even put a rear body panel on with it, and it holds like no other.

I've personally used the loctite and the liquid nails brand, and they're both pretty bad ass.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Associate Editor
4/30/14 3:10 p.m.
Jerry wrote:
Tom Suddard wrote: 3M Auto Urethane adhesive.
I see there's more than one # using my Google-Fu. Any idea which one you speak of?

I can't remember the exact number, but it's two part and requires a special gun to apply. I used that stuff at the body shop to glue all kinds of side panels back together–it works great! I'd suggest calling a local auto body supply house and asking which number is appropriate.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/1/14 3:48 a.m.

You want black caulk. Big black caulk.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sgYOAYB9tuvQKStkVdirInNvdZQQhar8HtnPhc1JU4H999GyJA2iLennMxenUhXf