1 2
curtis73
curtis73 GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/3/15 9:38 p.m.

Just not a fan of any of them. Downright horrific ride and handling, problematic transmissions and electronics, squeaky dodge fit and finish, very unsophisticated shift maps... all of the quality of a Yugo with the drivability of a Yugo, and the sophistication of a Yugo.

Why not just buy a Yugo?

I've driven multiple XJs, WJs, and ZJs, mostly because we almost always had one in our shop. Even driving them around the block I am tired of the choppy ride before the first stop sign.

Cotton
Cotton UltraDork
3/3/15 10:02 p.m.
stanger_missle wrote: Because holy E36 M3 40s There is a ZJ rolling around here with at least 35s on it. It has me tempted since I need something better on the 80mph freeway than my Wrangler. Also, I have seen a 4L/5spd ZJ. ONCE. They made like 4 of them but they did make them.

I know a guy that has a 4L/5 speed zj and it's the only one I've ever seen. If he ever sells it I plan to buy it off him because it's so odd.

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/3/15 10:26 p.m.

I had a 2002 Laredo. It was more tossable than my wife's 4Runner. The steering was surprisingly direct for what it was. I hated that many things I'd try to do on that truck involved fighting around or through other parts. I'd actually consider another at this point.

Mine had the wobbly front brakes and the wet passenger carpeting.

If you get a WJ, get a late one, and a high trim. Higher trim gets you some cool features, and it doesn't seem to cost more at this point.

My favorite feature was that you could pull OBD codes through the odometer by fiddling with the key.

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/4/15 8:54 a.m.
iadr wrote: I skimmed the first page, but I agree with everything. Had a few in the family, and lots at the (non-jeep) dealership I worked at. Only thing I can add is that the ZJ also has an acceptable driving position. The WJ doesn't unless you are 5'9" and shorter. And quality-wise the later one is just generally crappier, in every way... Get a 5.9 ZJ and take good care of it, and it will appreciate.

I'll be the exception. I found my WJ comfortable, and I'm 6'3".

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vUeel7IhXUK7G6okGQvgC44TLxudfQfwGCCsG6syzuwu3hJQJq3npzr9xAgDz8Vf