1 2
Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/13/14 7:24 p.m.

I used to autocross every weekend when I was in college, but that was a long time ago. My last time was in 2006, the time before that in 2002, and before that...some time before kids started putting fart cans on Hondas. My race prep will pretty much be limited to removing the Recaro baby seat and floor mats. I have a bunch of old magnetic numbers which are a perfect match for the paint on my current car. I'll try to do something about that. I'll bring a ton of water, a lawn chair and a bigass hat.

Look for me at the bottom of the time sheet.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
9/13/14 7:28 p.m.

What's the PAX on a fire truck? Remember, slow is fast. And finish clean!

Have fun, I wish I was going!

Woody
9/13/14 7:32 p.m.

I'm not even sure what class I'm going to be in (2006 Cayman S, completely stock with real street tires. A-Stock?).

kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
9/13/14 8:10 p.m.

Yep. Pretty sure you're A stock. If you remembered the big hat, you can't be that rusty.

JtspellS
JtspellS Dork
9/13/14 8:34 p.m.

Don't be caught taking a novice walk through with said big hat (unless you are teaching it) that's an automatic +3 each run.

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/13/14 8:52 p.m.

FCSCC? Have fun and good luck!

Woody
9/13/14 9:06 p.m.
dj06482 wrote: FCSCC? Have fun and good luck!

Thanks.

Yup, FCSCC. I didn't even know that they still existed until earlier tonight.

Woody
9/13/14 9:09 p.m.
JtspellS wrote: Don't be caught taking a novice walk through with said big hat (unless you are teaching it) that's an automatic +3 each run.

I packed a baseball hat to get me through the morning.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
9/13/14 9:14 p.m.

I'd take the spare tire and jack out and leave those in the pit area, you know, for added lightnesses. And try not to have more than a half tank of fuel, even if you have to take the scenic route there in the am in order to drop your fuel level a bit.

Don't lift before the finish line!

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UberDork
9/13/14 9:18 p.m.

It's like riding a bike, by the last run you'll be right back in it again. Have fun.

Woody
9/13/14 10:00 p.m.
EastCoastMojo wrote: I'd take the spare tire and jack out and leave those in the pit area, you know, for added lightnesses. And try not to have more than a half tank of fuel, even if you have to take the scenic route there in the am in order to drop your fuel level a bit. Don't lift before the finish line!

Ha! The Cayman doesn't even come with a spare tire! I've got this thing in the bag!

Mr_Clutch42
Mr_Clutch42 Dork
9/13/14 10:09 p.m.

Just have fun. That's why we race.

wbjones
wbjones UltimaDork
9/14/14 3:49 a.m.

and just to clarify … (doesn't change the letters) but the class is now called A Street

good luck …have fun

Woody
9/14/14 4:47 a.m.
wbjones wrote: and just to clarify … (doesn't change the letters) but the class is now called A Street good luck …have fun

The initials are the same though, right? That's my primary concern. I found some old magnetic numbers, letters and GRM stickers down in the basement.

Woody
9/14/14 5:18 a.m.

Nice relaxing start to the day: I just poured orange juice into my coffee...

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke Dork
9/14/14 7:45 a.m.

Mmmm delicious alternative to cream!

unevolved
unevolved Dork
9/14/14 8:25 a.m.

Gotta get that daily acid intake.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 Dork
9/14/14 9:24 a.m.

Im going on the positive side: so excited to go that he was combining all aspects of a well balanced breakfast into one traveling liquid. He just ran out of time to type pancakes.

iceracer
iceracer PowerDork
9/14/14 9:56 a.m.

"A" "S"treet "S"tock. Interesting class letters.

wbjones
wbjones UltimaDork
9/14/14 4:07 p.m.
Woody wrote:
wbjones wrote: and just to clarify … (doesn't change the letters) but the class is now called A Street good luck …have fun
The initials are the same though, right? That's my primary concern. I found some old magnetic numbers, letters and GRM stickers down in the basement.

yes … 'course this answer is too late … I was out at an a-c myself today .. hope you had fun

wbjones
wbjones UltimaDork
9/14/14 4:11 p.m.
iceracer wrote: "A" "S"treet "S"tock. Interesting class letters.

stock is on it's last legs … the switch to street was to emphasize the switch to "street" tires v. the R-comps that have dominated Stock for a long time (at least the last 10 yr… that's how long I've been doing this)

the SCCA ran StockR and Street as parallel classes this yr … as a sop to the R-comp diehards … next yr there will only be Street and it will be on 200 TW tires ( I think there will still be something stockish in SSR … haven't followed closely enough to know for sure … since I'm already in a street tire class)

Mr_Clutch42
Mr_Clutch42 Dork
9/14/14 5:12 p.m.

Super Stock, or Super Street will continue to allow slicks, but it will be the only stock class to do so. A Stock sounds cooler than A Street, IMO.

Harvey
Harvey GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/14/14 5:35 p.m.

Wish I had seen this earlier, I was there with my Focus ST, would have said hello.

I leave my baby seat in the car.

Woody
9/14/14 7:13 p.m.

In reply to Harvey:

Damn. Dark grey metallic? I think I saw you. Nice car.

Harvey
Harvey GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/14/14 8:25 p.m.

Black with the silver rims. Lost GS by .036 to a Honda Civic SI.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sUyZaP1dsS5SXg1mHqd8KcpPKXpC6NpxYzkzOguz1Nne2XXA1dJapeES7aLbuFZk