jgp1843
jgp1843 HalfDork
9/14/08 9:35 p.m.

Dave just announced that next week Wind Tunnel will feature the Solo Nationals and Pro Solo Nationals, and possibly be renamed Wind Tunnell!!

SpeedTheory
SpeedTheory GRM+ Memberand New Reader
9/15/08 8:11 a.m.

Haha! Nice! I'm excited to see this.

NYG95GA
NYG95GA Dork
9/15/08 9:50 a.m.

Autocross coverage onTV? Wow!

I look forward to seeing that.

mw
mw New Reader
9/15/08 10:14 a.m.

When is it on? I don't watch the show.

ddavidv
ddavidv SuperDork
9/15/08 2:07 p.m.

Sundays, 9pm eastern.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
9/15/08 2:27 p.m.

no way. You mean they're going to cover non-high dollar(relatively I guess) motorsports..

TJ
TJ New Reader
9/15/08 5:08 p.m.

I've only seen that show in bits and pieces and from what I saw it's a great place to catch up on the NASCAR soap opera. I'll set the TIVO to watch it this time though. Thanks for the heads up.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
9/15/08 7:37 p.m.

I love that show, F1, MotoGP, NASCAR (less cool, but i still like to keep up on it), American Open Wheel and Sports Cars, etc. plus Dave Despain is a cool dude, even if most of the callers are deep south hicks with false teeth and 88 shaved into the back of their heads.

(stereotype much?)

amaff
amaff Reader
9/15/08 7:51 p.m.

Hmm, I may have to catch this one. Hopefully I get back home by the time it comes on.

RedS13Coupe
RedS13Coupe New Reader
9/16/08 7:05 a.m.
maroon92 wrote: I love that show, F1, MotoGP, NASCAR (less cool, but i still like to keep up on it), American Open Wheel and Sports Cars, etc. plus Dave Despain is a cool dude, even if most of the callers are deep south hicks with false teeth and 88 shaved into the back of their heads. (stereotype much?)

Yeah, Dave seems like a cool dude... and pretty into the whole range. His show may have tons of nascar, but well... thats pretty much what that channel is about these days, he wouldn't have much of a chance of keeping his show without talking about it.

nickleone
nickleone New Reader
9/16/08 9:44 a.m.

BOOOOOOOOOORING. Nick

Racr Fan NY
Racr Fan NY None
9/16/08 1:27 p.m.

If you miss it, they replay the show Monday morning at 9:00am on SPEED. And yes it is a lot of NASCAR, but as Dave says, they have the most callers. He is definately not the NASCAR guy. The original wind tunnel show that was on nightly had a lot of everything motorsports related.

fiat22turbo
fiat22turbo GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/16/08 1:43 p.m.
Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
9/16/08 1:45 p.m.

Every once in a while, Despain will get teed off with callers and let 'em hold it. It's hilarious!

ArtOfRuin
ArtOfRuin Reader
9/16/08 3:38 p.m.

He was interviewed a while back in GRM (in one of the 2004 issues, IIRC). He used to race motorcycles and likes grassroots racers, which makes him O.K. in my book. It's too bad Comcrap took Speed off of my channel listing around the same time. I would love to see this episode.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yqw9xr8RSPK6rBtojdfzOD7wlMYOoBPzAisTuz0ranzjfcD3pg2URAqjsNTHrKWj