1 2
irish44j
irish44j Dork
1/28/12 8:33 p.m.
JoeTR6 wrote: I'm one of the organizers of the Capital Driving Club, and we actually considered buying the property. It didn't go much farther than "wouldn't it be cool if..." because none of us have several million dollars burning a hole in our pocket. Money issues aside, the site is on a flood plain next to an equestrian center. It's pretty unlikely to ever host a race again, but you can't really build anything there. Too bad, because it would make a great venue. Maybe if several clubs went in together and convinced the city it would draw loads of money to local businesses...

Joe, keep in mind that in PGC, you'll have to pay bribes to a few dozen county and city officials to get it done. Based on recent observations, most of the "leadership" there is more interested in putting money in their own pockets....

btw, I ran with CDC for years, and talked to you and Ed Chan a while back about Triumphs (I have a GT6).

chaparral
chaparral Reader
1/28/12 8:34 p.m.

I'll give you $20 to drive a few laps with a lawn tractor to see what that place is really like.

irish44j
irish44j Dork
1/28/12 8:38 p.m.

I think it would be a good venue for a rallycross :)

I work not far from there. Maybe I'll have to see if the owners would let me take a "test drive" in the e30 rallycrosser

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8vLE1bYC5iZLaJ6yIGzMN8CiJIGM2eirBDAA1DTbGiIRw8DLEf3XTuLd1u1BG9AB