1 2 3
ryanty22
ryanty22 HalfDork
6/6/14 9:52 a.m.

What in the blue hell is the berkeleying point of this? are you trying to destroy a nice set of wheels or "rimzes". I just want to know if there is any logical legitimate explanation for E36 M3 like this?

ryanty22
ryanty22 HalfDork
6/6/14 9:54 a.m.

Those are 165/40/16 maypops on a 16x8.25 wheel

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill Dork
6/6/14 10:13 a.m.

sigh

ryanty22
ryanty22 HalfDork
6/6/14 10:17 a.m.
Hungary Bill wrote: sigh

Sigh you like or sigh at the stupidity?

ryanty22
ryanty22 HalfDork
6/6/14 10:18 a.m.

I just wish for a logical explanation as to why?

Ditchdigger
Ditchdigger UltraDork
6/6/14 10:23 a.m.

It's just a bad fad like all the other bad fads. Spinners, landau roofs, underbody neon, jacked up rears on muscle cars, diesel stacks, truck nuts, altezza lights, ridiculous wings, splatter paint, flamed paint, donks, fuzzy dice, crybaby dolls, 6" spiked lug bolts, denim interiors, billet grilles, powered by "*" stickers, any pissing calvin sticker, purple headlights, jacked up trucks..... ect.

For all the hate they receive stretched tires don't feel bad to drive on. There is like zero slip angle so they feel incredibly direct. Razor sharp steering.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
6/6/14 10:26 a.m.
Ditchdigger wrote: For all the hate they receive stretched tires don't feel bad to drive on. There is like zero slip angle so they feel incredibly direct. Razor sharp steering.

...Until the tire debeads.

(also what you're feeling is less sidewall flex, not less slip angle)

ryanty22
ryanty22 HalfDork
6/6/14 10:26 a.m.
Ditchdigger wrote: It's just a bad fad like all the other bad fads. Spinners, landau roofs, underbody neon, jacked up rears on muscle cars, diesel stacks, truck nuts, altezza lights, ridiculous wings, splatter paint, flamed paint, donks, fuzzy dice, crybaby dolls, 6" spiked lug bolts, denim interiors, billet grilles, powered by "*" stickers, any pissing calvin sticker, purple headlights, jacked up trucks..... ect. For all the hate they receive stretched tires don't feel bad to drive on. There is like zero slip angle so they feel incredibly direct. Razor sharp steering.

Razor sharp steering until this

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
6/6/14 10:28 a.m.

^That's weird, I would have expected this:

ryanty22
ryanty22 HalfDork
6/6/14 10:34 a.m.

"Hellaflush" gone wrong

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill Dork
6/6/14 10:40 a.m.

In reply to ryanty22:

The stupidity

Ditchdigger
Ditchdigger UltraDork
6/6/14 10:47 a.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: (also what you're feeling is less sidewall flex, not less slip angle)

A stiffer carcass would lead to less slip angle wouldn't it? Staniforth talked about stretching race slicks as a tuning tool back in the 70's and 80's and mentioned changes in slip angle specifically. I was just thinking about what he said.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
6/6/14 10:55 a.m.

Yeah it's possible you might get less slip angle through increased contact area (same as running very slightly wider tires), but the reduced sidewall flex is what would make most of the difference in steering feel. But you'll get that effect with just a sane, slight amount of stretch, a stancebro setup isn't necessary.

trucke
trucke Reader
6/6/14 10:55 a.m.

This is the best way to add vast amounts of unsprung weight!

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
6/6/14 11:00 a.m.
trucke wrote: This is the best way to add vast amounts of unsprung weight!

O RLY?

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
6/6/14 11:01 a.m.

It's to look fly and get some honeys, yo.

Duke
Duke UltimaDork
6/6/14 11:01 a.m.
ryanty22 wrote: "Hellaflush" gone wrong

We call that "self-clearancing".

fasted58
fasted58 PowerDork
6/6/14 11:09 a.m.

racers shave tires all the time, what's not to like

Ditchdigger
Ditchdigger UltraDork
6/6/14 11:19 a.m.

Lets face it. We can't trust the youth of today to properly install their clothes.

What did we expect out of their tires?

RealMiniDriver
RealMiniDriver UltraDork
6/6/14 11:22 a.m.
ryanty22 wrote: Those are 165/40/16 maypops on a 16x8.25 wheel

Maypops? Never heard of that brand.

Oh, wait... I see what you did there.

ryanty22
ryanty22 HalfDork
6/6/14 11:23 a.m.

The for sale post on the wheels said the tires were federals i think

ryanty22
ryanty22 HalfDork
6/6/14 11:24 a.m.
Ditchdigger wrote: Lets face it. We can't trust the youth of today to properly install their clothes. What did we expect out of their tires?

This is the best post i have seen in so long of a time. this should be in the magazine

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
6/6/14 11:25 a.m.
ryanty22 wrote: The for sale post on the wheels said the tires were federals i think

True story: Federal makes decent tires.

ryanty22
ryanty22 HalfDork
6/6/14 11:26 a.m.
Swank Force One wrote:
ryanty22 wrote: The for sale post on the wheels said the tires were federals i think

True story: Federal makes decent tires.

Maybe when the proper size tire is on the wheel

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
6/6/14 11:33 a.m.

Yes--- the saggy pants--- "hey look at my underwear while I need a hand to hold my pants up" and the "stance" crowd both leave me scratching my head. I guess someone out there thinks it looks cool--- or they wouldn't do it....right? I see these trends and I can't imagine anyone finding either of these "looks" appealing.

I take it as a sign I'm getting old. I have no idea at all why anyone would dress that way, or screw up a car like that.

Get off my lawn!

1 2 3
Our Preferred Partners
kfq5wvSlk8XnJ02HsVmucifqO18U6h5MIRJgBe2ayHCmzKRh7bndGJgfBvBM2cH4