1 2
Thinkkker
Thinkkker UltraDork
10/17/18 8:56 p.m.

Most who know me, know I have an affinity for Ford's and Mustangs.  We looked all over and came close to getting a new '18 off the lot.  I just couldnt bring myself to spending that much.

I didn't love the idea of getting rid of my old Mustang *2006 GT I bought new*, but it made sense.  It was Tungsten Grey too.  These things can haunt a man.  So, I set out to look around.  I do know who owns my old car, but I figured there is one other option out there.  2007 was the only year the GT500 was built in Tungsten Grey. 

Its completely stock, pretty, and has a built in Passport radar which is choice.

I just felt that I needed to share.  Plus, I figured a backup CAM car isn't horrible....

conesare2seconds
conesare2seconds Dork
10/17/18 9:15 p.m.

NIce get. Congratulations. 

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
10/17/18 9:18 p.m.

Very nice.  I’m a big GT500 fan.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/17/18 9:30 p.m.

I had a hand in the development of the ABS and Traction Control on those.  Color me jealous.  Great car!

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/17/18 10:18 p.m.

You barely have to change your avatar.

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
10/17/18 10:40 p.m.

Nice car, nice color, nice stockness!  Those things are cool as-delivered. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
10/18/18 6:54 a.m.

I. LOVE. THAT. COLOR!

Well done!

RedGT
RedGT Dork
10/18/18 7:00 a.m.
AngryCorvair said:

I had a hand in the development of the ABS and Traction Control on those.  Color me jealous.  Great car!

Did that tech carry over to the next generation? Because whoever did that traction control, I want to shake their hand. 

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/18/18 7:21 a.m.

the only thing I don't like are the rims. There is a similar looking car at work on what looks like a modern take on torque thrusts, they suit that car perfectly!

Congratulations. Any plans, or keeping it stock?

Thinkkker
Thinkkker UltraDork
10/18/18 8:53 a.m.

Its REALLY easy to make 600+rwhp, but for now, I think that I will keep it stock for a bit.  Other than potential suspension upgrades just to aid ride and funness.

Angry Corvair, I hope it doesn't hurt your feelings that I turn off TC right when I get in almost always.   It does seem to work better than the GT though. :)

Petrolburner
Petrolburner Dork
10/18/18 4:36 p.m.

I like.  

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
10/18/18 5:06 p.m.

I think you should let me test lateral grip under part throttle while performing moderate speed avoidance maneuvers.  For science. 

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
10/18/18 7:47 p.m.

Oh snap, you just made me realize where Thinkkker lives.  Always glad to welcome another member to the 'Texas GRM'ers that I am actually aware of' club. blush

Thinkkker
Thinkkker UltraDork
10/19/18 9:56 a.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

Its currently on Eagle F1 tires.  They are ok, but definitely not the best.  Will sustain long slides, and is definately faster straight line than a standard GT.  It gets to....the speed limit....quick.

Thinkkker
Thinkkker UltraDork
12/14/18 11:20 a.m.

Alright, so to update this.  The wife doesn't love the car.  She wants to love the car.  She quite liked my old '06 GT in ESP prep.  *at least before the full send portion of the build and 900#+ springs in teh front, plus the seat that necessitated the use of a pillow for her to see out of it*

I have a friend that has a set of MCS shocks, springs, some bigger wheels 18x11, and such he is putting more back to stock to sell the car.  So, I offered to be gracious and get these for the wife to enjoy the car more.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Reader
12/14/18 11:32 a.m.

Don't like the color, but GT500 is just RIGHT!

docwyte
docwyte UltraDork
12/14/18 12:11 p.m.

In reply to Thinkkker :

MCS shocks are the shiznit!  I had them on my E36 M3 and holy cow are they able to dampen whatever spring rate you're running.

Thinkkker
Thinkkker UltraDork
12/14/18 12:36 p.m.

In reply to docwyte :

One I havent owned.  Had AST and then Moton's on the last one.  So, these should sit nicely....

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/14/18 12:57 p.m.

Droooooooooooooool

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
12/14/18 1:11 p.m.

So, I offered to be gracious and get these for the wife to enjoy the car more.

Lol. What a guy! yes 

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
12/14/18 1:27 p.m.

Damnit... saw this thread again and went browsing... (I shouldn't do that...) If you are willing to live with some miles on the car, one of these can be had for in the low 20's.  That's a lot of 500+HP car for the money.  

rdcyclist
rdcyclist GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/14/18 5:45 p.m.
Ian F said:

Damnit... saw this thread again and went browsing... (I shouldn't do that...) If you are willing to live with some miles on the car, one of these can be had for in the low 20's.  That's a lot of 500+HP car for the money.  

A good friend bought one of these when they came out. I think he coughed up somewhere around 65k for one with a 10k dealer premium. He had a 67 GT350 years ago and sold it for 10k in 1980 or so. He thought this would be an opportunity get back on the collector car thing. He ended up driving the piss out of it but he's still ticked off about the sheer numbers that were built and killed any chance of these being worth anything in our lifetime. And he's still talkin' 'bout the GT350...

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
12/14/18 6:12 p.m.
Ian F said:

I did not need to know this.

Thinkkker
Thinkkker UltraDork
12/19/18 5:10 p.m.

In reply to rdcyclist :

True on the collectorness.  I think these are a solid Mustang buy.  Simply from the point of hold the value and not deflate like a regular everyman GT.  The 03/04 Cobra in good shape are still in the high teens plus.

Also, Cotton; you can find some that are well into the 100k miles in the real high teens.  Just saying......

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/19/18 6:09 p.m.

Tungsten

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DzyVXPIrHLZOD5sm60dlsbnLS4mZma18HObsrG5woipNddOw4Fb5pZ6AfVjwKcCA