1 2
DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo HalfDork
7/29/14 5:32 p.m.
The0retical wrote: Scion has become a failed Saturn, wait... Seriously though Scion really just followed the conserative line of its parent company just with a few bright colored cars tossed in there. This is the opposite of what it was supposed to be however I understand following the money as enthusiasts aren't exactly the best demographic to sell cars to.

Was thinking the same thing, Toyota just followed GM's footsteps.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid PowerDork
7/29/14 7:00 p.m.

Honestly, When Scion came out, I was in college. When I saw the type of cars they had, I immediately thought they were going for high school/college kids. They were priced in that range and they looked like cars kids in their late teens/early 20s would want. Hell, I wanted an xB myself, but unfortunately couldn't afford a new car.

You can definitely tell they have changed their demographic.

EvanR
EvanR Dork
7/29/14 7:44 p.m.
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote: Honestly, When Scion came out, I was in college. When I saw the type of cars they had, I immediately thought they were going for high school/college kids. They were priced in that range and they looked like cars kids in their late teens/early 20s would want. Hell, I wanted an xB myself, but unfortunately couldn't afford a new car. You can definitely tell they have changed their demographic.

When I was in college (25 years ago, eep!) I would have killed and died for a car as good as the xB1. 35mpg is easy on the gas budget. Haul all your junk home to mom's for the summer, or a bunch of your friends to the bar.

20 years later, I got one :)

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
O1XGxmzJvNQFKEry6zAn9OdWXh5NCNcIP5rotPSJ5FzXfINnrMPrNbrSfdoJaWmu