ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid SuperDork
5/31/20 5:10 p.m.

https://www.facebook.com/Otaku-Photography-327664559655/

The link to more of the page and the folders that I post every week from out local dirt track. I know lots of you do not care about dirt track racing and some of you really like it. It is not for everyone and I am fine with that. I just wish to share my shooting and photos.

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid SuperDork
5/31/20 5:14 p.m.

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
5/31/20 6:26 p.m.

I love dirt racing. I really should go to my local track much more often than I do.

L5wolvesf
L5wolvesf Reader
5/31/20 7:27 p.m.

Those look to be IMCA Sport Compacts - correct? I am looking for one and the #47 car, Mitsu Eclipse, is high on my list of possibilities. 

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid SuperDork
6/1/20 5:36 p.m.

Nope, Out local bandit class of cars. We run under the banner of the Interstate Racing Asstion 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/1/20 5:39 p.m.
slowbird said:

I love dirt racing. I really should go to my local track much more often than I do.

Where's your local track? Latrobe just reopened last year, but there's gotta be something closer to you

L5wolvesf
L5wolvesf Reader
6/1/20 6:46 p.m.
ckosacranoid said:

Nope, Out local bandit class of cars. We run under the banner of the Interstate Racing Asstion 

I got curious and looked up the Bandit rules. They are basically the same as IMCA's Sport Compact.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/1/20 7:29 p.m.

I never thought I'd see a day when a Mitsubishi Sebring was a stock car. 

RichardNZ
RichardNZ New Reader
6/1/20 8:05 p.m.

Nice photos and what looks like a nice venue.
I've been following, and involved with, various forms of dirt track racing since forever.  Do a google search on "Wellington speedway" to have a look at my local, if you're a fan of gratuitous violence and bulk destruction try a search for "superstock teams" and maybe disappear down a rabbit hole for a while ...

Cheers

Richard

Powar (Forum Supporter)
Powar (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
6/2/20 8:28 a.m.

That dirt track Saturn gave me feelings. 

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid SuperDork
6/4/20 5:39 p.m.

The track is wilmot raceway in wilmot wisconsin. The saturn is my family with the very cool paint job.

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid SuperDork
6/4/20 6:34 p.m.

We run at Wilmot 6 classes though the season. 

410 sprint cars

360 wingless sprint cars, the biggest class with over 40 cars some nights. We also are the biggest class that people are using our class and rules for their series following out take. This class started 6 years ago with 10 cars, this season I think we have well over 34 cars most any given night.

The ICMA Midfields class.

Steet Stock class.

3/4 scale mini-spints powered by sport bike motors.

The bandit class which is FWD or RWD 4 banger cars from the street.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
6/5/20 7:12 a.m.

That looks like fun! What's the deal with the solid rear windows on a lot of the cars?

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid SuperDork
6/11/20 1:58 p.m.

no idea why some people do that to thier cars.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
M3JJ6q41FKo1CWvQgO5XZx4AcKOhWKcaPFDRVFMJcEXe85ZVVQj0RFTpUKxHk0zc