DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 HalfDork
11/18/08 7:00 a.m.

That I won at the challenge. Those of you who moaned that I wouldn't need it living in Florida....it's f'ing cold today here in Central Florida and it's keeping me nice and warm! Also looks damn good on me.

Volksroddin
Volksroddin Reader
11/18/08 8:58 a.m.

how cold is it 60 maybe? it would be nice if it was coldest here in ohio.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 HalfDork
11/18/08 9:20 a.m.

i'd have to say it was in the low 50s high 40s last night this morning. It's warm during the day no matter what here in Florida. I'm most amazed at how Sebring Raceway during the week of the 12 Hour race is like 80/90 during the day and downright freezing at night. I'll def take it there with me as it really is the only jacket I own besides my Honda issued jacket for work.

EricM
EricM Reader
11/18/08 9:38 a.m.

Rode My bicycle to work today and it was 19F before windchill.

JmfnB
JmfnB GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/18/08 9:42 a.m.

Same here, the Jettas thermoprobe said 17*

16vCorey
16vCorey Dork
11/18/08 9:44 a.m.

It was 27* when I left for work this morning.

speedblind
speedblind New Reader
11/18/08 9:53 a.m.

I just moved to the East Coast from Arizona. 50 degrees is officially cold.

GUNDY
GUNDY Reader
11/18/08 11:29 a.m.
EricM wrote: Rode My bicycle to work today and it was 19F before windchill.

no sense, no feeling!

midknight
midknight New Reader
11/18/08 11:41 a.m.

Going to be 26F here in weird Tallahassee FL tonight. Amazing how often we are colder than New York City at night in any given year.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 HalfDork
11/18/08 12:08 p.m.
midknight wrote: Going to be 26F here in weird Tallahassee FL tonight. Amazing how often we are colder than New York City at night in any given year.

I had a high school football playoff game up in Panama city on a Thanksgiving weekend. It was 22degrees with 30mph winds. Coldest I've ever been in Florida. I can't believe how cold it gets up in the panhandle.

wheels777
wheels777 HalfDork
11/18/08 1:58 p.m.

Snowing here.

captainzib
captainzib Reader
11/18/08 2:01 p.m.

-5*C says the Camry up here in Michigan near Detroit.

I hate it.

EricM
EricM Reader
11/18/08 2:42 p.m.
GUNDY wrote:
EricM wrote: Rode My bicycle to work today and it was 19F before windchill.
no sense, no feeling!

I refuse to pay $465 for a Parking pass at work. I just won't do it.

Opus
Opus HalfDork
11/18/08 3:02 p.m.

sunny and 75 here in so cal....

ok, 80+

sachilles
sachilles Reader
11/18/08 3:05 p.m.

I'd give my left nut for 50° right now. It's snowing and below freezing...and that was a noon time when I went for lunch.

NYG95GA
NYG95GA Dork
11/18/08 3:24 p.m.

All this talk about cold weather makes me nervous; hasn't anyone heard of global warming?

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 HalfDork
11/18/08 3:28 p.m.
NYG95GA wrote: All this talk about cold weather makes me nervous; hasn't anyone heard of global warming?

Don't the "experts" say that global warming causes extreme heat in the summer and extreme cold in the winter? I just think it's Earth's cycle, I mean the "experts" say when dinosaurs roamed that the average earth temp was around 130F. Nope global warming is the cause for everything, it's why people get skin cancer...didn't you hear about that?

procker
procker New Reader
11/18/08 3:43 p.m.

shoot...we dont turn the heat on in our house till its around 30...just started last week...!

Apexcarver
Apexcarver SuperDork
11/18/08 3:44 p.m.

saw someone walking in the snow on campus today with an umbrella... had to ask, turned out they were from the south and pretty much figured that you use an umbrella if anything is falling from the sky.

we have been having fun torturing my physics prof who is from Granada (those antennas on top of the fire hydrants arent for a wireless network.. they are so they can find them in the snow.. BUT THOSE ARE 5 FEET TALL! EXACTLY!!!)

SupraWes
SupraWes Dork
11/18/08 4:27 p.m.

I'm a wuss, I saw it was going to be 25 tonight and decided I was driving to work today. Hey I pay for tag and insurance on 2 cars that I barely ever drive I'm allowed to. Maybe I can talk santa into giving me one of those jackets.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut HalfDork
11/18/08 7:16 p.m.
SupraWes wrote: I'm a wuss, I saw it was going to be 25 tonight and decided I was driving to work today. Hey I pay for tag and insurance on 2 cars that I barely ever drive I'm allowed to. Maybe I can talk santa into giving me one of those jackets.

I just returned from biking home from UF. Yeah, I wore jeans and a t-shirt.

What?! It was sunny when I left the house!

Hal
Hal HalfDork
11/18/08 8:39 p.m.
Apexcarver wrote: saw someone walking in the snow on campus today with an umbrella... had to ask, turned out they were from the south and pretty much figured that you use an umbrella if anything is falling from the sky. we have been having fun torturing my physics prof who is from Granada (those antennas on top of the fire hydrants arent for a wireless network.. they are so they can find them in the snow.. BUT THOSE ARE 5 FEET TALL! EXACTLY!!!)

LOL: My nephew told me that his daughter called today and wants to transfer to some other college. Guess they forgot to tell her about the weather in Frostburg. The name should have told her something.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GYhNL9gHtHKIoUb0fDTFmMwX0VGl93ryVkDOznvXRRIoHgtLhkfEuDjoeBt9vAS5