miataman86 New Reader
Jan. 9, 2012 5:41 p.m.

If you are looking for a stainless steel brake line kit for cheap, hit up 5X Racing. Got a sale on them for $75 with a $5 flat shipping rate and they are made by Techna-Fit. Normally they are $133, so this is a great deal. Wether you are working on a street, autoX, or building a Spec Miata, the kit could be put to good use. It started as a ClubRoadster.com group buy and expanded to 5X Racing's website. I figured I would mention this to all of you on GRM and maybe you could save some money. Its good till the end of this month. Check it out.

miataman86 New Reader
Jan. 9, 2012 5:50 p.m.

5xracing.com also has pretty quick shipment times too

93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo HalfDork
Jan. 9, 2012 6:23 p.m.

What do they offer that fits a canoe? I have a nice We-No-Nah that could use a firmer brake pedal.

Toyman01 SuperDork
Jan. 9, 2012 6:26 p.m.

Maybe, he's got close to 70 posts. Still kind of smells like a canoe.

miataman86 New Reader
Jan. 9, 2012 7:14 p.m.

No, for real. Check it out. No canoe

JoeyM SuperDork
Jan. 9, 2012 7:16 p.m.

Seems legit to me. There are plenty of posts like this that are not paddling anything.

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/first-wreck/43469/page1/

oldtin SuperDork
Jan. 9, 2012 7:26 p.m.

he's peddling wonder if their stuff would fit a tr4?

internetautomart SuperDork
Jan. 9, 2012 8:00 p.m.
oldtin wrote:

I'd take both

cwh SuperDork
Jan. 9, 2012 8:35 p.m.

Hey, give the guy a break, he's trying to help. I say, welcome to the funny farm!

pinchvalve SuperDork
Jan. 9, 2012 8:39 p.m.

All cars, or just the Miata?

bigdaddylee82 Reader
Jan. 9, 2012 8:43 p.m.

No Volvo love, they are dead to me.

• Lee
miataman86 New Reader
Jan. 10, 2012 8:40 a.m.

Just Miata stainless steel brake lines are on the sale for $75, but we have other kinds available at the normal prices. The aluminum shifter bushing is also worth looking in to. Its $15 with free shipping. I put mine in yesterday and it works perfectly.

Tyler H Dork
Jan. 10, 2012 9:13 a.m.

That's a great deal for a set of off the shelf hoses.

I've also had good luck with the local industrial hose manufacturer. If I take them the old hoses, they will make SS brake lines (including all custom fittings, rubber bushings, brackets etc) for $10-12 apiece. Takes about 20min.

I also found out that they oem for a well-known aftermarket brake line supplier, so basically the same stuff for 1/3-1/4 of the price.

miataman86 New Reader
Jan. 10, 2012 9:21 a.m.

I stand corrected....ALL of the brake lines are on sale. Just checked the site and there are 178 kits covered. Toyota, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Mazda, Ford, Honda, Acura, Chevrolet, Pontiac, BMW, and others are currently on price reduction. Not sure for how long though. The only kits that are on sale for the $75 are the Miata kits.

Conquest351 HalfDork
Jan. 10, 2012 9:44 a.m.
bigdaddylee82 wrote: No Volvo love, they are dead to me. - Lee

No P71 love either...

Ranger50 Dork
Jan. 10, 2012 10:18 a.m.
Conquest351 wrote:
bigdaddylee82 wrote: No Volvo love, they are dead to me. - Lee

No P71 love either...

No nothing I own love either.

Keith SuperDork
Jan. 10, 2012 11:08 a.m.

Just for clarification - miataman86, you work for 5Xracing?

92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
Jan. 10, 2012 11:09 a.m.
miataman86 wrote: Just Miata stainless steel brake lines are on the sale for $75, but we have other kinds available at the normal prices. The aluminum shifter bushing is also worth looking in to. Its $15 with free shipping. I put mine in yesterday and it works perfectly.

Sounds like it from this post.

SlickDizzy SuperDork
Jan. 10, 2012 11:21 a.m.

According to his profile: canoe.

"5X Racing- Team Promoter"

miataman86 New Reader
Jan. 10, 2012 11:37 a.m.

I have a thing on the side with 5X Racing to promote them. Talked to the owner, John Adamcyzk, and he has allowed me to be a promoter for them. Its a legit business thats recognized by the US govt and they specialize in Miatas and they do race and they do win. I do the promotion for them to help them grow and they have me on thier team support program and that allows me to get discounts on a lot of parts. When I get into sanctioned racing, I hope to get a spot. That time should come this year or early next year.

92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
Jan. 10, 2012 11:39 a.m.

Gonna have to get the advertising pack with the mag, buddy.

miataman86 New Reader
Jan. 10, 2012 11:39 a.m.

When I wrote "we" I really ment they. I was in a rush earlier when i posted that

BoxheadTim SuperDork
Jan. 10, 2012 11:50 a.m.

We're a little sensitive around here about people flogging their wares/doing marketing/spamming without the appropriate disclosure. That's what the advertiser package is for in the first place so you don't fly under the radar.

I was seriously contemplating getting the braided hoses because I need some for my Miata anyway, but I guess I'll just get them from another Miata supplier then, even if I have to pay more for them.

miataman86 New Reader
Jan. 10, 2012 1:09 p.m.

I will keep that in mind. Wasnt trying to spam or nothing, but I was just giving the grassroots community a little way to save some money.

miataman86 New Reader
Jan. 10, 2012 3:21 p.m.

I shouldn't have been so promotive of it. Made a mistake and i apologize for it. I will not post such things without taking the proper steps. Should've left it as a "hey, look what I found" and left it at that.

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Grassroots Motorsports

First Drive: Turbo ND MX-5

1 day ago in News

We hit the track with Flyin' Miata's latest power adder.

This Weekend at the Mitty: The Ultimate Auto Festival

2 days ago in News

Gates open this Friday for the Classic Motorsports Mitty at Road Atlanta.

ND Miata Turbo Kits Now Available!

2 days ago in News

Add 70 horsepower and 70 ft.-lbs!

What's the Plan, Man?

3 days ago in Articles

Thoughts on our racing plan for the year.

Meet the Rebels Who Started the Cannonball Run

4 days ago in News

Relive those desperado days through movie excerpts, and hear the real facts and wild stories from the legends themselves.

Up for Auction: All of Level 5 Motorsports's Hardware

4 days ago in News

It's a pro race team part out.

Can You Really Live With a Low-Buck Porsche 911?

4 days ago in News

For the past two years, on of our forum regulars has been chronicling his life with a Porsche 996.

Project Turbo Miata: Fire Fighting

5 days ago in Project Cars

We transfer the fire system to our new Miata.

Reader's Ride of the Week: Autocross Abomination

6 days ago in News

Classic British styling with a rotary engine?

AMX-Cessive

1 week ago in Articles

If you’re going to host the search for the ultimate street car, perhaps you should drive one yourself.

Chris Albin’s Flying VW Golf: What Really Happened?

1 week ago in News

What really happened to send Chris Albin's VW Golf flying?

Drive Cars From the Lane Motor Museum Collection

1 week ago in News

Love older, maybe slightly weirder cars? This event is for you.

OUR SPONSORS

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
5lmvHHDnGBLGTXpkHyNs9ZPGi6HXaAmy