1 ... 7 8 9 10 11
Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
5/7/11 2:54 p.m.
Joshua wrote: Who in their right mind would put that much money into a Honda Fit?

Just the wheels were 2500 dollars. Tires were another 1000. That doesn't include coilovers, LCAs and the carbon rear spoiler. It doesn't look bad, but there is no way I would put that much money into it.

sanman
sanman Reader
5/7/11 3:09 p.m.
Maroon92 wrote:
Joshua wrote: Who in their right mind would put that much money into a Honda Fit?
Just the wheels were 2500 dollars. Tires were another 1000. That doesn't include coilovers, LCAs and the carbon rear spoiler. It doesn't look bad, but there is no way I would put that much money into it.

For that kind of mod money, I could have picked up a miata and stanced it the same way on some enkei 92 wheels. Plus, I would still have a Honda Fit at home that wouldn't have an exhaust system I left in a pothole somewhere.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
5/7/11 3:14 p.m.

What a waste of Work Meisters...

dogbreath
dogbreath New Reader
5/7/11 3:18 p.m.

This is the kind of stance I look for in a sports car.

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
5/7/11 3:32 p.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote: What a waste of Work Meisters...

They are actually CCW Lip Meister 5 wheels.

But, I agree.

He is putting a supercharger on it this summer.

corytate
corytate Reader
5/7/11 7:03 p.m.

I saw an amg 560 at work today that was pretty slammed that I ACTUALLY LIKED.
I dont really like the herrafrush look myself, but I can respect the work it takes and the look, which some people really like.
I just like cars.
all of 'em. except pontiac azteks and suzuki forenzas.

Sultan
Sultan Reader
5/7/11 9:08 p.m.

....don't tell my wife but I think that Fit looks cool.....and I am 50......yikes!

qdseeker
qdseeker New Reader
5/8/11 6:52 a.m.

I like the Fit as well.

Here is my "stanced" car from 1995. It is a 1983 Civic wagon with Prime reverse five star wheels and Euro TA tires size 175/50-13. First picture is not lowered and the next two are of it with most of the front dropped down and the rear was flipped/mono.

sanman
sanman Reader
5/8/11 11:51 a.m.

Well, if people are just posting slammed hondas:

byron12
byron12 Reader
5/8/11 2:00 p.m.
2002maniac wrote: FIXED! Photobucket

I am pretty sure those were the kids cranking that car ever few minutes or so and revving the engine to the limiter for minutes at a time. The also ran over the worlds most interesting man cutout doing burnouts up the infield road. With the stupid hall county teens, the smell of mary jane, and the overall drunken atmoshpere turn three had a definitly burning man type vibe last year.

qdseeker
qdseeker New Reader
5/8/11 2:49 p.m.
byron12 wrote: I am pretty sure those were the kids cranking that car ever few minutes or so and revving the engine to the limiter for minutes at a time. The also ran over the worlds most interesting man cutout doing burnouts up the infield road. With the stupid hall county teens, the smell of mary jane, and the overall drunken atmoshpere turn three had a definitly burning man type vibe last year.

This particular picture was taken at a very well done meet last September (or October). There was none of the incessant revving and burning out at all. And there were at least 100 cars in attendance. It was one of the best meets in years for the Atlanta area.

I'm not vouching for Hall County and its inhabitants on this as I know nothing about this. I'm also not vouching for the car because I don't like it, myself.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
5/8/11 3:18 p.m.

smog7
smog7 Dork
5/8/11 7:39 p.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote: \

hell yes! I love that gt4

byron12
byron12 Reader
5/8/11 8:14 p.m.
qdseeker wrote:
byron12 wrote: I am pretty sure those were the kids cranking that car ever few minutes or so and revving the engine to the limiter for minutes at a time. The also ran over the worlds most interesting man cutout doing burnouts up the infield road. With the stupid hall county teens, the smell of mary jane, and the overall drunken atmoshpere turn three had a definitly burning man type vibe last year.
This particular picture was taken at a very well done meet last September (or October). There was none of the incessant revving and burning out at all. And there were at least 100 cars in attendance. It was one of the best meets in years for the Atlanta area. I'm not vouching for Hall County and its inhabitants on this as I know nothing about this. I'm also not vouching for the car because I don't like it, myself.

Well I for one will vouch for the rowdy hall county teens at the races they made my experience enjoyable. Their cars were poorly modified but they did not care to abuse them for obnoxious enertainment and the girlfriends were cute and dressed scandoulusly. All in all a sucess.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
5/8/11 11:13 p.m.

The same could be said about the entire late-90's/early-2000's Honda craze (or a lot of car modification for that matter).

That said, looking at my wife's Fit and then at that one, that one looks fly as hell. Pointless from a practicality standpoint, but it looks great.

MrBenjamonkey
MrBenjamonkey HalfDork
5/9/11 1:55 a.m.
David S. Wallens wrote:
grimmelshanks wrote: MOAR FLUSHNESS!!!
Hypothetical question: Is it possible to be too flush? Or is that like something being blacker than black?

I think this is a little too flush.

KATYB
KATYB Reader
5/9/11 11:38 a.m.

im curious as too how my vehicle falls in on this..... i did have to roll the rear fenders agressivly to not run. and i do occasionally rub on the inner fender liner in the front if i do something stupid like not noticing a speed bump and go 30 over it..... hmmm sorry they are so dark..

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
5/9/11 11:43 a.m.

In reply to KATYB:

There is a very big difference between stylishly slammed and "demon camber". Your 6 looks fine.

bluesideup
bluesideup Reader
5/9/11 11:44 a.m.

I think they'd say you need a 5-10mm spacer and an inch of drop. Silly things like drivability are not to be considered. A hellaflush Genesis coupe passed me the other day running 3+ degrees of camber and tucking the wheels.

Admittedly Rolex GT cars are "hellaflush" but they're set up to actually function that way.

KATYB
KATYB Reader
5/9/11 11:54 a.m.

i run -2.4 camber in the rear and -.5 in the front andd seems ti ride just fine for me. car is deff drivable tho. ya it scrapes at alot of places but ride is still almost factory smooth. but with no noticable body roll and very lil dive or lift. and still have 2.5 inches of up travel in the suspension.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi New Reader
5/9/11 12:05 p.m.

I run one of the Rabbit trucks that low with nice wheels. I would say "stanced". It rides OK and looks OK to me. I think that fit looks great and it is done just like I would do for a commuter.

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
5/9/11 12:14 p.m.

Stanced Hondas you say?

Ok, ok, it's one of my RC cars. But I figured if I was already building a drift Honda Oddyssey, might as well have some fun with it.

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
5/14/11 10:16 p.m.

Anyone heard what he's replacing it with yet?

gamby
gamby SuperDork
5/14/11 10:55 p.m.

I'm still wondering why his e36 got so little attention. Granted, it had some big mechanical issues, but it was gorgeous- especially when it was wearing AMG wheels.

mr2peak
mr2peak GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/14/11 10:55 p.m.

Looked so much better before the chop top

1 ... 7 8 9 10 11

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LnuNUfsxDFS9MvQ7laLcfEth8Rngd6JQfAVJxyWIxARLtvjuexQ0mdGFqhGRWtnP