1 2 3 4
Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
9/1/17 6:13 a.m.

Since you won't be needing the engine after the challenge.... run all of the nitrous.

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
1/27/19 8:29 p.m.

So I haven't updated this thread in a long time.  After the 2017 challenge I sold the s10 to my buddy Dave.  He has helped at several challenges and always liked the s10.  So in November of 2017 I sold him the truck for $2,000.00.

He used it for running to home depot etc... for about 10 months before realizing that a bigger truck was more appropriate for his needs.   Fast forward to September of 2018 when I got a call from Dave offering to sell the s10 back to me for $1500.  Needless to say I am now the proud owner a second time.

Now that I bought the Camaro for this years challenge I am going to fix the s10 correctly and not worry about staying in budget.

I decided to start with the interior.  The dash in the truck is horribly cracked.  I found one on craigslist for $25.00 that was much nicer.  It isn't perfect but I hopefully can get it looking good before I install it.  Also I am installing bucket seats from a Toyota celica to buy me some extra legroom over the leather bench I installed earlier.  I got them from the local u pull it junk yard for $60.00.

Old dash...

New dash...

Old seat out...

Test fitting celica seat...

I found that switching the passenger and drivers seat fit better with the oem s10 seat belts.  

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
3/20/19 9:27 p.m.

Finished the celica seat install tonight.  I am autocrossing the truck Saturday and my neighbor's kid is going to come watch / ride.  He is 15 and I taught him to drive a stick shift last week.  He is super excited about the autocross!

Anyways here are the seats installed.  I am holding off on new carpet till I put in the t56 in case the shifter ends up in a different location.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/21/19 9:48 a.m.

Nice, the almost comical amount of driver movement with the old seat setup was this truck's one glaring weak spot, but while changing the seat is a big improvement, it's only half the battle. Changing out the S10's 2-strap seatbelt for a typical 3-point single-strap belt that you can use a locking clip on would be another huge improvement.

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
3/21/19 2:04 p.m.

Good point, I need to look into other seat belt options.

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
3/23/19 6:07 a.m.

Up early to do truck stuff, ie autocross...

sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
3/23/19 6:42 a.m.

that is early

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
3/23/19 9:34 a.m.

About to do 1st run.

I am sure the Camaro driver behind me is fearful of getting beat.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
3/23/19 9:41 a.m.

He actually should be.  Very competitive suspension if you used what i did.

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
3/23/19 11:57 a.m.

I think I did beat him actually.  Truck needs a limited slip desperately. 

Third fastest in my run group I will need to look at the times once they post them to see how I fared overall.

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
3/23/19 12:54 p.m.

What's the best thing about autocrossing an s10?

Stopping at the homedepot on the way home.

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
3/28/19 9:58 a.m.

PCA posted a few pictures from the event.

No times unfortunately.

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem SuperDork
3/28/19 5:54 p.m.

In reply to pimpm3 :

How do you fit in that regular cab S10 Pimpm3 Longshanks?

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mmJGfi9efWr0HaiP7IkF796ShlFHDJZ8qH8kaRJrXhOrM9TOersnagW99jzzgUaY