NicoleTropea
NicoleTropea Intern
11/24/14 1:23 p.m.

I am not a car person. I have never claimed to be one. Sure, I spend a lot of time around car lovers, but when I accidentally ripped the bumper off my first car by catching it on a curb, I was as scared and clueless as any other young driver.

That’s probably why several people–whose names I will not …

Read the rest of the story

car39
car39 HalfDork
11/24/14 2:03 p.m.

I've been involved in a program like this for several years. The students all look like they're about to be sentenced to hard labor in the morning, and are loving life by the end of it. Even the timid driver comes out with a little more confidence at the end. The best reward of the program from a provided end is hearing more than once from a parent that their child avoided an accident after attending and they credit the course for the knowledge. Small plug for the program I was with: http://www.cartct.com/teen-education-and-advanced-car-handling/

Will
Will SuperDork
11/24/14 2:16 p.m.

I wish all students were into it by the end of the day. I've had several Street Survival students who just didn't care at all, even during/after the wet skid pad fun stuff. I don't expect them to love it so much they come back again, but if I can keep them from killing themselves/you/me later on, then I did my job as an instructor.

M2Pilot
M2Pilot HalfDork
11/24/14 10:06 p.m.

Not a valid sample size, but my son did Street Survival (in a lifted Jeep) around 15 years or so back. One of my nephews did it a couple of years later. 2 other nephews had the opportunity but didn't partake.

My son & the nephew who did Street Survival have never had an automotive accident. The other 2 nephews have had 4 or 5 accidents between the 2 of them over the past 12 years or so.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Fxbua1KxtHvmxRwx4xw9WpgykqFA7VLslzmgFG8Bx8KW4zjdiN3ndS3oTJf4eyAN