Andy Hollis
Andy Hollis
4/15/16 3:20 p.m.

For motorsports enthusiasts, tires are the key ingredient connecting our beloved machines to the road. For the last decade, the biggest technology and performance advances have come at the pointy end of that spectrum: the extreme performance summer tire category.

These are tires that deliver amazing stick during aggressive maneuvers, but also have sufficient road manners for daily use in …

Read the rest of the story

mazdeuce
mazdeuce PowerDork
4/15/16 4:08 p.m.

Thanks for the testing Andy. It's too bad the Maxxis wasn't available for these tests. I think a lot of us are wondering how that stacks up.
The real question is.....which tire for One Lap?

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
4/15/16 4:15 p.m.

Coming up in the next issue: Testing the 245/40R15 Maxxis against the rest of the class.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
4/15/16 4:45 p.m.

Buying a Mustang before the memes hit, testing the new tire before we ask, it's like you're from the future.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
4/15/16 5:18 p.m.

wasn't this last years test?

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/15/16 7:51 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote: wasn't this last years test?

It says from the June 2015 issue, so yes, I think so.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
4/15/16 7:52 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote: wasn't this last years test?

Yes, the one that we just posted is from June 2015. (The issue date is in the story header.)

The issue that's in the mail contains a follow-up tire test (track), while the issue after that will have an autocross tire test.

rslifkin
rslifkin HalfDork
4/15/16 10:23 p.m.

Can we get a test of the Kumho V720 against these at some point? Only thing I know about them is they seem sticky and the set on a friend's Miata is probably the loudest set of tires I've ever heard until you get above 50. Think mud tire levels of noise, but it sounds like wheel bearings (it isn't).

WildScotsRacing
WildScotsRacing HalfDork
4/16/16 3:58 a.m.

I'm waiting for the track test! And still wondering which of these tires is the best choice for a track oriented front driver with an open diff. Thoughts?

slammed200
slammed200 New Reader
5/3/16 3:34 p.m.

Can't wait to hear Andy's track tire test!

jstein77
jstein77 UltraDork
5/3/16 3:38 p.m.

Spoiler alert - RE-71R is still #1.

The Hoff
The Hoff UltraDork
5/3/16 4:01 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: Coming up in the next issue: Testing the 245/40R15 Maxxis against the rest of the class.

Many interest. Much excite.

WOW Really Paul?
WOW Really Paul? MegaDork
5/3/16 5:24 p.m.
rslifkin wrote: Can we get a test of the Kumho V720 against these at some point? Only thing I know about them is they seem sticky and the set on a friend's Miata is probably the loudest set of tires I've ever heard until you get above 50. Think mud tire levels of noise, but it sounds like wheel bearings (it isn't).

They'd probably delaminate......

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy PowerDork
5/3/16 6:39 p.m.

I have 4 205/50 15 American Racers here, and more coming for the Chump race. We are going to a club race to test June 4, and will have a set of new old stock Rivals mounted, along with the ARs for back to back testing.

Say, you should pay me to write a test...Send me a whole bunch of sets of all the 200 tires, and I'll test them all with an Integra on a lovely road course. I will even keep the leftover tires and keep you all updated on how they mile out.

Sounds like a good deal, yes?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QxWssp7xSMitCUZGgp65lJBGqNJl4EcrTXWVH4aIP06aQMI6PQiBLcbH7QJSP6HU