Jerry
Jerry Dork
1/13/14 6:11 a.m.

Played around with PS Sunday. A little fun with ideas for this Spring, and can't decide on the graphics. Definitely plastidipping the wheels and fixing the rust on the wheel wells, but can't decide on the graphics. I can get them on eBay/Amazon (I forget) for about $80.

Like the graphics, or too much?

CGLockRacer
CGLockRacer GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/13/14 6:19 a.m.

If the car is used for mainly rally-x/auto-x with numbers and sponsor stickers and not driven on street very much, sure. I've seen them on the street with that decal package and it looks too poser-ish for a DD. My $0.02.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory Dork
1/13/14 6:22 a.m.

Try ghosting the graphic... Make it one or two shades lighter than the paint color.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/13/14 7:18 a.m.

You already know my answer:

http://www.creative-vinyl.com/5-full-rally-kits/533-subaru-impreza-555-1993-rally-wrc-rally-graphics-kit.html

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
1/13/14 7:31 a.m.

555 is a brand of cigarette. In some countries, the cars are not allowed to run with cigarette advertising so they go to this modified design that is not specifically the brand.

I like this better. GRM number panels to replace Neste

Ditchdigger
Ditchdigger UltraDork
1/13/14 8:27 a.m.
Jerry wrote: Like the graphics, or too much?

Way too much IMO. That says "high school kid" like nothing I have seen before

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/13/14 8:40 a.m.

In reply to ebonyandivory:

that's what i was thinking, or a slate grey

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/13/14 9:23 a.m.

Shrink so it only covers the 1/4 panel?

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson PowerDork
1/13/14 9:26 a.m.
CGLockRacer wrote: If the car is used for mainly rally-x/auto-x with numbers and sponsor stickers and not driven on street very much, sure. I've seen them on the street with that decal package and it looks too poser-ish for a DD. My $0.02.

This x 1000. If it's 99% toy / competition car then go for it. If it's any more than 75% street use no way.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
1/13/14 9:45 a.m.

I like it as-is.

Stickers are for race cars. You already have too many.

Jerry
Jerry Dork
1/13/14 9:55 a.m.

It's meant to be a daily, and I keep saying "occasional rallycrosser" which will probably depend on the MR2's reliability this year. Never say never. I've been leaning all along towards no to the graphics. Just needed to hear it from others.

Jerry
Jerry Dork
1/13/14 9:55 a.m.

In reply to Giant Purple Snorklewacker:

The Summit is coming off when it warms up, already removed another from the body that came off in tiny little bits.

NGTD
NGTD Dork
1/13/14 10:05 a.m.

Do you really like cops???

If you do - go ahead and sticker it up. Otherwise - stay stealth mode!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pefXwg11LYAp5sN1DxQKGNj0CapJHCHGOXI4voNQkqqTHzEqFAxXCS8T0UbN6D5S