1 2
Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/15/17 6:35 a.m.

It's not going to detract at all. There will undoubtedly be some Miata snobs there, but that's their loss instead of yours. It just won't be able to go out on track. 

Miatas don't need to be modified to come. We have a lot of stock ones that show up. It's a pretty wide spread. 

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
12/15/17 6:47 a.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

I'm missing any reference to cost, or how to register. 

Rodan
Rodan Reader
12/15/17 9:24 a.m.

In reply to te72 :

Most Miata folks are "car people" and have/ have had other interesting cars.  I can only speak for myself, but I'd love to see your Supra!

In reply to SVreX:   

IIRC, registration opens in February, just call FM to register, or they may have it on their site so you can 'order' online.  Its really not very expensive.  In past years, the track day was under $100, banquet was ~$25/person, and there are a couple other events you can choose that have a small fee, and lots of stuff going on that's free.  The actual activities vary a bit from year to year, so hard to say exactly.

Keith Tanner
12/15/17 9:39 a.m.
SVreX said:

In reply to Keith Tanner :

I'm missing any reference to cost, or how to register. 

Cost is not yet final, and registration will be via the FM website starting on the first of February. We keep it affordable - the track charge is just enough to cover the costs, and we subsidize the food. We've got a few changes this year that I think will make it a more enjoyable event, more focused on people and cool cars and hanging out. 

te72
te72 New Reader
12/16/17 12:47 a.m.

Keith, thanks for the reassurance. No worries on the track exclusion, I totally understand. My car isn't really well suited for GJMS, but I promised Brian Ruble that I'd join them for a track day down there, after meeting him at an autocross in my hometown last year. So... I'll get my time on that track someday, just not at Summer Camp. :)

Rodan, in my experience, you're absolutely right. I find that it generally goes both ways too, Miata people tend to be "car people" and "car people" tend to be Miata people, provided they've made the effort to get behind the wheel of one anyway. Have genuinely gotten along well with every Miata owner I've ever met. That's a bit of a difference between the Miata and the Supra worlds. In the Supra world, most folks are pretty cool, but occasionally you get that one that comes around that's more full of themselves than is healthy...

Looking forward to attending this year. Wonder how many, "what is that thing?" I'm gonna overhear? Hahaha...

Keith Tanner
12/16/17 1:13 p.m.

There's a SoCal club that is all about Miatas and no other vehicles, but thankfully they're a small minority. Most of us will welcome cool cars. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZQDzCZ3h386amcnszoZVMvun5ueb6yiiQzCtZLRBUvTeQS49HqNgge9N2iE7Uvcm