Racebrick
Racebrick New Reader
9/28/20 10:42 a.m.

I have been using summit for a long time.  In my opinion their search function is the best out there, and when building weird stuff that can make all the difference.  However, I have been really dissapointed with them in the past year or so.  Have any others been having similar experiences, or have I just had some bad luck?  Are there any other good sites out there I may not know about?  I use jegs, speedway, and pegasus as my go to's.

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/28/20 10:48 a.m.

I haven't ever had a problem with them, jegs is the one that usually screws my stuff up.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
9/28/20 10:50 a.m.

Depends what you are buying, Smiley's is good too.  https://www.smileysracing.com/

Use them especially for race tires as they carry hoosier bias ply (I have an Fmod) and free shipping. 

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
9/28/20 10:58 a.m.

They burned me, mildly, on a cheapo part a few weeks back and I got a bad taste in my mouth. You can either return the unopened thing with the label in the box, or you can (get this) facebook message them (no phone, no E-mail) where they will tell you that you have to return the unopened thing with the label in the box, or you could keep the thing and they keep the money.

Racebrick
Racebrick New Reader
9/28/20 11:03 a.m.

In reply to tuna55 :

Yes, one of my issues is similar, being burned on a return.  I used to get parts faster as well. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/28/20 11:04 a.m.

I just bought something from speedway for the first time last week and they have standard shipping that rivals amazon. It's not free, but it's dang fast. Ordered at like 5pm thursday had part mid-day saturday. Very impressive. 

gearheadE30
gearheadE30 Dork
9/28/20 1:17 p.m.

No problems with Summit here, but then I haven't returned anything in a year or two. At least at that time, returns were no problem. They still ship pretty fast, but then again I am only one state away from their Ohio headquarters so things generally show up in a day or two even with the free shipping.

I used Speedway several time throughout the Lemons build. I was very happy with their service. 

I have never liked Summit's website, but I did order a distributor from them the other day and it showed up in a timely fashion.

OldGray320i (Forum Supporter)
OldGray320i (Forum Supporter) Dork
9/28/20 2:07 p.m.

Huh, I wound up returning some Koni race units last year, was no problem, pretty easy. 

I wonder if the virus crap is impacting... probably... 

collinskl1
collinskl1 GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/28/20 2:14 p.m.

I'm local to Summit in Ohio, so that skews my perception - but I haven't had any issues with orders or returns.

buzzboy
buzzboy Dork
9/28/20 4:45 p.m.

I really like Summit instore. Living 40 minutes from the Reno location has been super easy.

To me their website is easier to navigate than Speedway or Jegs.

einy (Forum Supporter)
einy (Forum Supporter) Dork
9/28/20 7:43 p.m.

No issues to report here with Summit, or Jegs for that matter.

triumph7
triumph7 Reader
9/30/20 8:20 p.m.

Summit Racing has just begun supporting Cincinnati Region SCCA's Solo II program. 

Patientzero
Patientzero HalfDork
9/30/20 8:42 p.m.

I always use Summit or Speedway.  No issues.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zm8k1g9TnI0jIZlbUE7k7gXSLxAdXhWR2BZWz7lur8aBaA26cEGuVGeLXMACYY5T