rodney_kahane New Reader
July 13, 2014 1:40 p.m.

been meaning to share this pic for awhile, 914 on spinner hubcaps. doesn't get much better than that

stuart in mn PowerDork
July 13, 2014 3:35 p.m.

I didn't know they made spinner caps that small.

Boy, that's a fad that pretty much died without a trace (at least in Minneapolis) - I haven't seen any spinners for years now.

Armitage HalfDork
July 13, 2014 4:28 p.m.

Once in a while I still see an H2 or Tahoe on 22's with spinners. You can almost taste the remorse emanating from the once-proud owner as you drive by and shake your head just slightly.

kanaric
kanaric HalfDork
July 13, 2014 5:17 p.m.

the thing now is donks. The people who used spinners all seem to have donks now.

Donks are funny to me, they need to stay.

qdseeker Reader
July 14, 2014 8:38 a.m.

Donks have been around for quite a while now. And spinning wheels were one of the more popular wheels for them.

July 14, 2014 8:44 a.m.

Even worse, I think those are the cheap hubcap spinners that you could buy at your favorite local Vatozone.

Matt B SuperDork
July 14, 2014 9:05 a.m.
Basil Exposition wrote: Even worse, I think those are the cheap hubcap spinners that you could buy at your favorite local Vatozone.

My wife refers to those as Lee Press-On spinners.

rodney_kahane New Reader
July 14, 2014 5:36 p.m.

haha, i love the mcdonalds donk. i used to use that pic as an avatar on another site

DWNSHFT HalfDork
July 15, 2014 2:13 p.m.

Sad thing is, that 914 looks quite clean. We need to stage an intervention. Or a carnapping...

pirate
pirate Reader
July 15, 2014 2:50 p.m.

On July 3rd heading north on I-65 just south of Montgomery, Alabama was passed by a black Ferrari followed closely by a donked black late model Rolls Royce. I'm thinking the Rolls was only a couple years old and wheels had to be in excess of 22 inch diameter range. Window on both cars were completely blacked out.

Couldn't get a picture because they had to be doing in excess of 90mph. A donked Rolls isn't something you see very often and probably something I don't care to see again.

rodney_kahane New Reader
July 17, 2014 11:55 a.m.

was a late model roller or an older one? around here (boca raton, fl) i've seen a murdered out late model rolls as well as bright red, not a flattering color for the car

pirate
pirate Reader
July 17, 2014 3:36 p.m.

Was a late model Rolls all in black. I'm thinking had to involve some pro sports bonus money!

ryanty22 Dork
July 17, 2014 10:22 p.m.

Heres one for you guys. I got a chuckle. BMW 318 police interceptor

ryanty22 Dork
July 17, 2014 10:23 p.m.

1998 BMW 318I Police Interceptor, Police handling package, 4 cyl, 5 speed. Has blown head gasket, Car is complete. Everything works in the car. 17" run flats, $1,000.00 or best reasonable offer. Contact Ronnie

RexSeven UberDork
July 17, 2014 10:46 p.m.
stuart in mn wrote: I didn't know they made spinner caps that small. Boy, that's a fad that pretty much died without a trace (at least in Minneapolis) - I haven't seen any spinners for years now.

I still see about one or two cars with spinner wheel covers in my neck of the woods. Usually a rusted, busted-ass Accord or older minivan that's missing at least one of the covers or spinny thingies.

The new hotness are wheel covers that simulate BBS wheels or machined wheels:

Check out this hilariously awful photoshop!

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Grassroots Motorsports

Concours d’Lemons: Showcasing the Best of the Worst and the Worst of the Best

1 day ago in Articles

This year’s Concours d’Lemons celebrated two cars rarely associated with the glitz and glamor of Monterey.

Your Projects: Wide-Body, V8-Powered Porsche 944

1 day ago in News

Wing, flares, V8 swap and more!

Acura Unveils New Prototype Race Car in Monterey

2 days ago in News

Acura yesterday unveiled the new Acura ARX-05 prototype race car.

We're Back In Monterey for Car Week

2 days ago in News

And so it begins, another trip to Monterey Car Week.

Mark Your Calendars: August 18 Is Wear Your Helmet to Work Day

2 days ago in News

Wear your racing gear to work and win prizes.

You Need This: A Real 1LE Camaro

3 days ago in News

Chevy only built 62 1LE Camaros that year.

Little Car Show: Celebrating All Things Quirky and Small

3 days ago in Articles

As the name suggests, the Little Car Show is all about little cars.

Concours d’Lemons to Ruin Monterey Car Week Yet Again

3 days ago in News

What started as the anti-concours has transformed into a major event on the Monterey Car Week schedule.

You Need This: A Quite Eye-Catching Green Over Red Ferrari

3 days ago in News

Not your usual Ferrari color combo.

Your Projects: JDM Autozam AZ-1 Kei Car

3 days ago in News

What are the realities of importing a JDM kei car to the U.S.?

Bid on a New Helmet and Save Some Puppies and Kittens!

4 days ago in News

Four helmets will be auctioned off.

Tonight on Grassroots Motorsports LIVE! Lee Grimes of Koni Shocks

4 days ago in News

This may shock you, but suspension is arguably the most important part of going fast.

OUR SPONSORS

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
YHef1JXiX2WZSy86jEjCLNDifZZwq8ch