1 2
clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke Dork
12/17/14 9:50 a.m.
Joe Gearin wrote: Ok Poop..... If the CTS-V is a toy that you don't have to depend on---- go for it. Mod the Hell out of yours, or buy the one listed. If you rely on the car as an actual daily transportation device, leave it mostly stock. It will be more reliable, easier to sell, totally sorted, and still fun. It's been a pretty bulletproof badass daily so far right? Why mess with a good thing? Ok, I get messing with it, but not TOTALLY reengineering it. If your need for speed just can't be satisfied by this car, save your pennies and reward yourself in a few years buy upgrading to a newer supercharged version......and make it a wagon, just because. Then you can modify that one when you decide that 550hp isn't enough. Hello I'm Joe and I'm a wet blanket....voice of reason, etc. Now returning to your regularly scheduled fantasy fest.

I was going to be a wet blanket too.

I think the best solution is to install a nitrous system. Power boost when you're feeling frisky and easily removable when you decide to sell and upgrade to V2. LSX engines love nitrous

Harvey
Harvey GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/17/14 10:01 a.m.

I would save for the V2. It's soooo much better IMO, especially with the Recaros.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde SuperDork
12/17/14 12:23 p.m.

If it's been driven around Savannah much you can bet the shocks/struts and maybe springs are shot. Roads there SUCK.

If it's a toy and you gots the benjamins, why not? I sure wouldn't be on it for dependable DD though...

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
12/17/14 12:32 p.m.
Joe Gearin wrote: Ok Poop..... If the CTS-V is a toy that you don't have to depend on---- go for it. Mod the Hell out of yours, or buy the one listed. If you rely on the car as an actual daily transportation device, leave it mostly stock. It will be more reliable, easier to sell, totally sorted, and still fun. It's been a pretty bulletproof badass daily so far right? Why mess with a good thing? Ok, I get messing with it, but not TOTALLY reengineering it. If your need for speed just can't be satisfied by this car, save your pennies and reward yourself in a few years buy upgrading to a newer supercharged version......and make it a wagon, just because. Then you can modify that one when you decide that 550hp isn't enough. Hello I'm Joe and I'm a wet blanket....voice of reason, etc. Now returning to your regularly scheduled fantasy fest.

Thanks mom

You're probably right though. Oh. And this...but sadface on the slushbox.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/ctd/4802525918.html

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
12/17/14 12:50 p.m.
Mad_Ratel wrote: I wouldnt. not at that price. i'm still astounded at the command the v1's get. the gto had a better rear end, the interior held up better and 2005+ had the ls2. they've been sub 15k for years now... oh and you could actually buy wheels for it. long as they were not over 9" wide... vs the v1's proprietary bolt pattern etc, glass jaw dif, interior bits where the markings were like chalk and gone teh first time someone with a mild case of sweaty paw touched them... heck 2005 vs 2005 with similar miles and the gto will be a few grand cheaper. I just do not get it. that being said, love the v1 looks, it's the cost that's always kept me away. 25k on a car that's 10 years old? joo crazy! I dont care what mods it has done. (unless porsche or M...)

To me, the GTO looks like a Lumina on the outside, cheesy on the inside, and I like having four doors and a trunk that accommodates my 4X12 cabinet (not saying the GTO doesn't. I have no idea.) And at ~130k miles, I've got no complaints with the interior. And there's a pile of them on CL for under $15k right now. Different strokes and all.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
12/17/14 3:20 p.m.

Reading this makes me think of Rick James saying, "Cocaine's a hell of a drug" but rather saying, "CST-V's a hell of a drug"

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
12/17/14 3:56 p.m.
JohnRW1621 wrote: Reading this makes me think of Rick James saying, "Cocaine's a hell of a drug" but rather saying, "CST-V's a hell of a drug"

It still makes me giggle daily.

Cotton
Cotton UltraDork
12/17/14 4:12 p.m.

I've wanted one ever since I saw a black one do a rolling burnout while getting onto the interstate. Actually I wanted one before, but seeing that really drove it home.

Smarta$$ McPoopyPants
Smarta$$ McPoopyPants MegaDork
12/19/14 8:26 p.m.

In the meantime, I'll just pretend the diff-whine is a supercharger

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/20/14 4:09 p.m.

Poopy, can I live vicariously through you?

84FSP
84FSP Reader
12/26/14 4:15 p.m.

In reply to Cotton:

This. Recently took my expensive euro car medicine. So now another item for my search tempest habits...

Carro Atrezzi
Carro Atrezzi GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/26/14 11:02 p.m.

Isn't that an LS6? I can't remember the exact numbers but I'm thinking the compression is fairly high. I didn't anything in the add about internal mods. I wonder how well that Maggie works on a stock engine.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ErzcoQBQRFn5g4m5P8ntRZD3PsDNF5Mkcbr3gqhxDyUR6IcG9H2agzIgJTzlxovX