1 ... 6 7 8 9 10
Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/19/19 7:03 p.m.
ebonyandivory said:

...the fact that no man should give a E36 M3 what another person drives.

FLAG! Using too broad a brush; any sane adult should absolutely ensure that those they care about drive safe, well maintained vehicles. 

Brett_Murphy
11/19/19 7:05 p.m.
yupididit said:

Missing a lift and at least 24" rims 

Oh, you mean a Honky Donk.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
11/20/19 1:48 a.m.
Brett_Murphy said:
ebonyandivory said:

...the fact that no man should give a E36 M3 what another person drives.

FLAG! Using too broad a brush; any sane adult should absolutely ensure that those they care about drive safe, well maintained vehicles. 

Except everyone with a brain knows I wasn't referring to driving a hazardous, unsafe vehicle.

You'll recall we're discussing the average SUV. No strawman arguments please.

Brett_Murphy
11/20/19 9:31 a.m.

I was responding to what you said, even though I was reasonably sure what you meant.

I think the Honky Donk derailed the thread, too.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/20/19 9:47 a.m.
mr2s2000elise said:
dean1484 said:

Wait it my H2 a he or a she. . .  

Caitlyn jenner 

We need someone to photoshop Caitlyn Jenner's face on to my H2.  Put the eyes where the headlights are. 

Ya my mind is an interesting place sometimes. Kind of like lap 1 of a spec Miata race going into turn one. You never know what will will be coming out the other side. 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
11/20/19 9:48 a.m.

Kaitlyn usually drives a GT3 RS or a SUV locally. How fitting. hehe hehe 

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/20/19 9:56 a.m.
Brett_Murphy said:
yupididit said:

Missing a lift and at least 24" rims 

Oh, you mean a Honky Donk.

That's a familiar sight lol

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
11/20/19 10:28 a.m.

All this talk about Hummer's made me go look up for sale prices. It would probably make a poor tow rig, but the idea of using a Hummer H2 to pull a Miata on an open trailer amuses me.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
11/20/19 10:52 a.m.

In reply to z31maniac :

DOOOOO IT

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
11/20/19 10:58 a.m.
mr2s2000elise said:

In reply to z31maniac :

DOOOOO IT

And NOPE! The 08-09 (last years) that got the 6.2 and 6 spd transmission are selling for stupid prices. Low mileage, nice ones have asking prices north of $65k!

If I had that kind of cash for a tow rig, I definitely wouldn't buy an H2. 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
11/20/19 11:01 a.m.

65k? Are you serious. Thats H1 money.... 

TopNoodles
TopNoodles Reader
11/20/19 11:23 a.m.

What about towing a Miata with an H3?

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/20/19 11:31 a.m.
z31maniac said:
mr2s2000elise said:

In reply to z31maniac :

DOOOOO IT

And NOPE! The 08-09 (last years) that got the 6.2 and 6 spd transmission are selling for stupid prices. Low mileage, nice ones have asking prices north of $65k!

If I had that kind of cash for a tow rig, I definitely wouldn't buy an H2. 

Swap in that drivetrain. Can't be that hard lol

FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy HalfDork
11/20/19 11:50 a.m.

Another wagon owner, here. Still prefer them over SUVs because I like being lower to the ground.

Wife owns a '15 Edge, though and to be honest it's pretty damn nice. She's already sworn off any other type of vehicle for herself, unless it's a truck, but I don't foresee her getting away from SUVs anytime soon.

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/20/19 11:53 a.m.

This thread kinda reminds me of the episode of The Office where they were debating if Hillary Swank was hot or notlaugh

The biggest thing that I absolutely can not see the attraction of is one of my Mom's favorite foods, creamed tomatoes on toast.  Driving an H2 to haul the kids to school makes way more sense to me than eating that e36m3.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
11/20/19 11:58 a.m.
TopNoodles said:

What about towing a Miata with an H3?

Not sure? Haven't researched the engine and towing capacity and all that.

Brett_Murphy
11/20/19 12:10 p.m.

You guys need to skip the H2s and H3s and get into an OG H1 direct from the government. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
11/20/19 12:47 p.m.

You guys know that an H2 is a Yukon with an unpleasant looking body, right?  And an H3 is a weird looking Colorado?  The only Hummer that is more sturdy than a regular old Chev pickup truck is an H1.  And the early ones of those are dead slow, and have the ever so sturdy 6.5 turbodiesel.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/20/19 1:50 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:

You guys know that an H2 is a Yukon with an unpleasant looking body, right?

And with less interior room, to sweeten the deal!

TheRX7Project
TheRX7Project HalfDork
11/20/19 2:30 p.m.

We wanted AWD because of snow and when we go up north it's gravel roads, and a large enough vehicle to haul our family and all our stuff when we go on trips (like up north). We looked for an AWD minivan but they were either beat to heck or out of our price range. The Acadia fit the bill nicely.

Vigo
Vigo MegaDork
11/20/19 2:30 p.m.

I actually think the H3 is a good product. It's legitimately very good offroad and less compromised in the direction of goofiness as the H2 is away from the Tahoe.  Driving an H2 (imo/ime) is all about the visuals. Being in it, looking out of it, looking at it. It's not a great family vehicle and realistically it's the worst Tahoe at being a Tahoe.  The H3 doesn't really have a completely normal SUV sibling on the same mechanicals, but i think it justifies its compromises well against something 'normal' in the same size bracket, like a GMC Terrain.  It's great off road, not atrocious space (or space utilization which is where an h1 is a joke and an h2 is just bad), doesn't suck to park or climb in and out of, etc. 

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
11/20/19 2:35 p.m.

In reply to Vigo :

The H2 does have the heavier axles. Which means it's the worst 2500 Suburban. I agree with the rest of your points though.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/20/19 6:09 p.m.

Actually I believe it is based on the 6000 commercial truck platform with a shortened frame. The axles are bigger than a 2500 series.  It will tow a Miata with out issue. H2s tow very well. There shorter wheelbase makes them more maneuverable than my Sierra when towing and the added weight and width compensates for the shorter wheelbase that can be an issue when towing with smaller vehicles (like small SUVs).  

The H2 is about the best zombie apocalypse vehicular you can get. It is not much good at things like halling any kind of cargo. But if you have to get 6 people someplace no matter what the weather or terrain it is the vehicle for you.  

They actually ride very well and are appointed the same as a Cadillac of the same vintage. As for 65k. I will be selling mine tomorrow if anyone wants to give me that.  Prices I have seen are around 10k for a driver but high millage up in to the 30s for nicer ones.

I would never get one for myself I like my Sierra Denali much better but it was a dream car of my wife so I own a H2. 

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
11/20/19 6:19 p.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

Here's a link. I have new found respect for the H2  (but I'm a big truck fan from 'round da way already)

http://www.lynchhummer.com/h2pages/h2chassis.html

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
11/20/19 6:23 p.m.
dean1484 said:

They actually ride very well and are appointed the same as a Cadillac of the same vintage. As for 65k. I will be selling mine tomorrow if anyone wants to give me that.  Prices I have seen are around 10k for a driver but high millage up in to the 30s for nicer ones.

That seems inline with what I see. 

1 ... 6 7 8 9 10

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Zy4wx6qABizWAYv53xOAT90CfY8TrAXeN60TJpL5PitGtTerieXchQywhKv79a7x