EricM Reader
12/22/08 12:59 p.m.

Dr ruth....

yes?

I just came.......

bamalama
bamalama New Reader
12/22/08 2:17 p.m.
derekshannon wrote: http://www.teamswift.net/viewtopic.php?t=9156 If I only had the... 1) Place 2) Time 3) Money 4) Experience 5) Tools

I have 4 of those 5. The one I'm missing is the most important. Dammit.

jwdmotorsports
jwdmotorsports Reader
12/22/08 2:30 p.m.

I think I have 1 of those things. Maybe it's the one you're missing.

The thought of that kind of swap on the 77 Civic I have has crossed my mind. But............

Bobzilla
Bobzilla Reader
12/22/08 2:38 p.m.

that is sexy. . .

walterj
walterj HalfDork
12/22/08 2:42 p.m.
derekshannon wrote: http://www.teamswift.net/viewtopic.php?t=9156 If I only had the... 1) Place 2) Time 3) Money 4) Experience 5) Tools

I have all of those things but never at the same time.

vazbmw
vazbmw New Reader
12/22/08 4:19 p.m.

WOW

Osterizer
Osterizer HalfDork
12/22/08 4:49 p.m.

Oh berkeley me that's impressive!

SupraWes
SupraWes Dork
12/22/08 4:55 p.m.

I question his sanity but the fab skills are nice!

amaff
amaff HalfDork
12/22/08 4:58 p.m.

all that effort, time and money......

....and he goes for the stretched tire look. Why not get a set of wheels and tires that match!?

Bobzilla
Bobzilla Reader
12/22/08 5:01 p.m.

I swear. . . . with this place if it's not an M3 or a Miata, y'all will bitch and moan and find nothing but fault with it. Seriously. . . this is some serious thought, talent and effort here.

amaff
amaff HalfDork
12/22/08 5:14 p.m.

In reply to Bobzilla:

Hey, don't get me wrong, it takes a heck of a lot more talent than I got to do that. But that just kills it for me.

geomiata
geomiata Reader
12/22/08 5:25 p.m.

could have put his 30k to better use.

aircooled
aircooled Dork
12/22/08 5:38 p.m.
geomiata wrote: could have put his 30k to better use.

I think it is pretty unlikely he would end up with anything NEAR as unique though...

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/22/08 5:46 p.m.

Nice, but it's hardly a Swift at this point

Bobzilla
Bobzilla Reader
12/22/08 5:55 p.m.

swift engine and outer shell. . . close enough!

bamalama
bamalama New Reader
12/22/08 5:56 p.m.

The trans tunnel in that thing is insane.

geomiata
geomiata Reader
12/22/08 6:06 p.m.

i have a geo lol its close to the same thing. rear bike engined is much more practical, cheaper, and easier

Bobzilla
Bobzilla Reader
12/22/08 6:17 p.m.

So what if it's cheaper/easier/practical. It's absolutely cool.

Hasbro
Hasbro HalfDork
12/22/08 6:28 p.m.
amaff wrote: all that effort, time and money...... ....and he goes for the stretched tire look. Why not get a set of wheels and tires that match!?

I'm sure when he's finished with the car the rubber will change. No point in using fresh tires on a 2+ year project.

amaff
amaff HalfDork
12/22/08 6:52 p.m.
derekshannon wrote: Sad to see there's even a hint of critisism from GRM members. It doesn't HAVE to be "your thing". Hell, I'm a big fan of lowriders purely because there's so much damn hard work and time invested in thier cars certainly NOT because I'm in love with gold metalflake paint jobs.

So you're saying if it has a lot of work put in to it, no matter what, a GRMer must appreciate it? I think that's a little unreasonable and also unrealistic.

Case and point: the tubbed out, pretty much bone stock FWD celica that was on here a while back... with the skinny front tires and a solid, drive-shaft-less axle. That thing had a TON of work put in to it... but as far as I'm concerned, was a piece of e36 m3.

Am I saying that I don't like this project? No, I think it's pretty flipping cool. Am I saying I don't like the look of stretched tires and think they ruin the look of a car? Yes.

Hasbro wrote: I'm sure when he's finished with the car the rubber will change. No point in using fresh tires on a 2+ year project.

Man I hope so.

amaff
amaff HalfDork
12/22/08 7:11 p.m.

I quit. I've said twice now I like the car, I don't like the tires. I fail to see why they have to be mutually exclusive. Please don't respond to this post, I refuse to argue about something this dumb lol

tuffburn
tuffburn New Reader
12/22/08 7:58 p.m.

a new challenger appears! i hate it. but i love it at the same time. what now

gamby
gamby SuperDork
12/22/08 9:28 p.m.

I happen to like the stretched tire thing--it certainly adds to the Euro flair this European is giving to his car.

The build is insane and his fab skills are ridiculous.

Is this not a thing of beauty???

(too bad it didn't last)

BTW--the great thing about this site is the lack of haters. A true auto enthusiast should at least be able to appreciate any vehicle that has had a E36 M3 ton of man-hours put into it.

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
12/22/08 9:30 p.m.

it is awsome, but have the combustion chambers been notched?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HFkJVU9Dws3HcC5Zd2GFwEPBIIFheFM6EVLTnFmSp0sDwxV6Rtln8dbFnhbRjDDI