Scott Lear
Scott Lear
4/20/11 9:20 a.m.
feature_image

Wow, time flies. It’s been a few months since our last update, but here’s the skinny: Our low-buck Lincoln project had a successful debut at the 24 Hours of LeMons race. We’re saving the nitty-gritty details until the project makes its debut in the pages of GRM, but in brief, we took the green flag, everyone had a chance to …

Read the rest of the story

AlexLemond
AlexLemond
5/19/11 10:14 a.m.

I registered just to post this.

Seriously?

SERIOUSLY?

Somebody tore up a first-gen Mark VII to race it?

Are you kidding me?

Bastards. They should be horsewhipped. If you're going to pull the air suspension, Mission Control dashboard, and Learjet seats out of a Mark VII, you basically end up with a V-8 Aero 'Bird. AKA a generic Fox-body whose only saving grace is that it looks better than the same year Mustang.

After the accursed Cash for Clunkers, there are practically no Mark VII's left. I'm keeping mine until the paint's peeled away to bare metal, the 302 is spewing oil, and the suspension bags are wheezing their last. Then I'm getting it restored with a 400 HP crate motor and laughing all the way to a revoked license. It's the best American car of the '80s---Detroit's answer to the BMW 635 with a sprinkling of Citroen XM, and an utterly awesome car.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/2/11 5:29 p.m.

Thanks for the comment, and if it makes you feel any better a previous owner stripped and originally prepped the car for racing. If anything, we saved it from the crusher.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
R10Qsdrvd83J4v2vFpB7qv6RzbeBWuLqoqOqB6oTI205xYWUZCqG1zaVvLxgz5wL